Marcus Ray Johnson - GA - 11/19/15 - Executed

Started by Jeff1857, August 23, 2010, 08:20:06 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Jeff1857

August 23, 2010, 08:20:06 PM Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 06:05:27 PM by Jeff1857
The 11th Circuit Denied a COA for Johnson in today's Orders/Opinions.

Facts of the Crime:

A jury convicted Marcus Ray Johnson of the March 24. 1994 malice murder, felony murder, aggravated assault, rape and aggravated battery of Angela Sizemore. The jury recommended a death sentence for the murder, finding the following statutory aggravating circumstances: the murder was committed while Johnson was engaged in the commission of a rape; the murder was committed while Johnson was engaged in the commission of an aggravated battery; and the murder was outrageously and wantonly vile, horrible and inhuman in that it involved torture, depravity of mind, and an aggravated battery to the victim before death.

Opinion is here:

http://www.ca11.uscourts.gov/opinions/ops/200916090.pdf

Jeff1857

Death sentence upheld in Albany murder

A federal appeals panel has upheld the death penalty imposed against a Georgia man convicted of the 1994 slaying of a woman he met at a bar.

The 11th Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta on Monday affirmed the lower court's decision to deny an appeal from Marcus Ray Johnson, who was convicted of the 1994 slaying of Angela Sizemore. Her body was found in her truck with 41 stab wounds hours after the two were seen leaving an Albany bar together.

Johnson contended his defense attorneys were ineffective because they failed to bring up evidence of his childhood struggles, including his father's abandonment of him when he was 15.

http://www.ajc.com/news/death-sentence-upheld-in-598155.html?cxtype=ynews_rss

Jeff1857

Date set for next Georgia execution

ATLANTA -- Hours after Troy Davis was put to death, Georgia has set the execution date for its next death row inmate.

RELATED: Davis' last words: I am innocent

Marcus Ray Johnson's execution has been scheduled for 7 p.m. on Oct. 5. 

Johnson was convicted in 1998 of murdering Angela Sizemore in Dougherty County in 1994. Her body was found in her truck with 41 stab wounds not long after the she and Johnson were seen leaving an Albany bar together.

In his appeals, Johnson argued his trial lawyers were ineffective because they failed to bring up evidence of his childhood struggles, including his father's abandonment of him when he was 15.

According to the State Attorney General's office, Johnson has exhausted his direct appeals and state and federal habeas corpus options. An appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court was denied this past June.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/206392/40/Date-set-for-next-Georgia-execution

Sylar24

glad to see my statereally taking outte trash. :)

Russki

"In his appeals, Johnson argued his trial lawyers were ineffective because they failed to bring up evidence of his childhood struggles, including his father's abandonment of him when he was 15."

As usual, what the hell has that got to do with it? He is still a sadistic murderer.

He might as well state that he fell off his potty at two years old.
Bombs do not choose. They will hit everything   ... Nikita Khrushchev

I once said, "We will bury you," and I got into trouble with it. Of course we will not bury you with a shovel. Your own working class will bury you.  ... Nikita Khrushchev

Elric of Melnibone

I could understand his feelings of abandonment if her were under the age of 5 but at 15???  No way.  Plus with a victim that was raped and stabbed 41 times tells me this guy is very very dangerous and needs to be put down like a rabid dog.
You can lead an ass to water and if you fight long and hard, you can make it drink.  But at the end of the day, after all the fighting, it is still an ass.

Banned from PTO 3 times so far for life.

BoscoBob

"In his appeals, Johnson argued his trial lawyers were ineffective because they failed to bring up evidence of his childhood struggles, including his father's abandonment of him when he was 15."

As usual, what the hell has that got to do with it? He is still a sadistic murderer.

He might as well state that he fell off his potty at two years old.

If I was sitting on that jury and his attorney had brought up that song 'n' dance, I woulda laughed so hard I would have shot milk outta my nose! According to government statistics, over 58% of marriages in the United States end in divorce. So, using this POS's logic, a little over half of the population should be incarcerated for murdering someone. Give me a freaking break.
|--|ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ|-.______________
|--|_____________________|-'
Culpam poena premit comes

Elric of Melnibone

A week ago, ppl were getting wet panties about troy davis.  Even dead, that POS is still in the news.  But notice, they have not rallied around this murderer one time other than the usual "praying for all touched by this" crap.

Guess a guy that kills a women by stabbing her 41 times is not as hot and sexy as a cop killer who lied about his case all his time untill he was whacked for murder.
You can lead an ass to water and if you fight long and hard, you can make it drink.  But at the end of the day, after all the fighting, it is still an ass.

Russki

October 03, 2011, 07:56:34 AM Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 09:09:04 AM by Frenchy
Guess a guy that kills a women by stabbing her 41 times is not as hot and sexy as a cop killer who lied about his case all his time untill he was whacked for murder."

If you ever try to fully understand the logic of potty people, the only outcome is that you become potty yourself! PTO is the final repository for potty people.

I once said, "We will bury you," and I got into trouble with it. Of course we will not bury you with a shovel. Your own working class will bury you.  ... Nikita Khrushchev

Elric of Melnibone

No, I don't want to try to understand them, Frenchy.  They just make me shake my head and think what their medication bills are like and does Big Pharma make enough enema kits to clean out their minds....

Russki

"They just make me shake my head and think what their medication bills are like and does Big Pharma make enough enema kits to clean out their minds...."

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Grinning Grim Reaper

Ray Johnson's last stop before execution

Posted: Oct 03, 2011 3:22 AM CDT
Updated: Oct 03, 2011 7:58 AM CDT
By Ryan Houston

ALBANY, GA - Two days before Marcus Ray Johnson is set to be executed, he seeks clemency. At 9am Monday, he will appear before the State Board of Pardons and Paroles.

Johnson is set to die Wednesday October 5, 2011.  46-year-old Marcus Ray Johnson has been on death row for over 10 years.

All his appeals have been denied, so this could be his last chance to be saved. Back in 1998, Johnson was convicted of murdering and raping Angela Sizemore.

Prosecutors say Johnson met the 34-year-old single mother at a bar and they left together. However the next morning, her body was found sexually assaulted, with 41 stab wounds.

Officials say he left her to die in an East Albany field. He was tried and sentenced to death by lethal injection.

However the State Board of Pardons and Paroles will hear from Johnson, and his supporters as to why he should not be executed. If they choose to they can change a death sentence to life without parole or deny clemency all together.

Johnson will find out his fate after the meeting. WALB NEWS 10 will continue to follow this story throughout the day. Look for the State Parole Board's decision on Facebook and WALB.com.

WALB-TV
Vengence is mine saith the Lord...who are we to question the instruments used to carry it out?

ScoopD (aka: Pam)

Guess a guy that kills a women by stabbing her 41 times is not as hot and sexy as a cop killer who lied about his case all his time untill he was whacked for murder."

If you ever try to fully understand the logic of potty people, the only outcome is that you become potty yourself! PTO is the final repository for potty people.

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!    and a gazillion + Karma points for you!!   :-*
<br /><br />If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine<br /><br />My reason for supporting capital punishment: My cousin 16 yr. old Amanda Greenwell was murdered in March of 2004 at the hands of serial killer Jeremy Bryan Jones.

Russki

October 03, 2011, 03:20:15 PM Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 03:33:36 PM by Frenchy
I doubt that I shall be able to follow this one as we are off for a short break to Belgium. Hope he loves the juice though.

I wonder what mitigating circumstances there can be. "I was sharpening my pencil and my knife slipped 41 times........... oops!"

Angelstorms OL'Man

Maybe he had 41 knife's in his had and slipped on a rock.  :( :( :(

I doubt that I shall be able to follow this one as we are off for a short break to Belgium. Hope he loves the juice though.

I wonder what mitigating circumstances there can be. "I was sharpening my pencil and my knife slipped 41 times........... oops!"
This was designed to hurt....Its a SEAL Candace unless you have been there yo will never understand...

Go Up