In Texas there is the option of "Life in Prison With Out parole". There is no reason to execute with this option, in additon; it cost 10 (TEN) times more to execute an inmate than it does to keep one in prison for life. A life sentence being based on an average of 45 years in prison. The expense is due to the cost of State paid attorneys', State paid psychicotrist, paper work, medical, etc. Some executions have cost more than 6 Million dollars.
I would rather be put to sleep rather than live in prison with no hope of ever getting out.
Prosecutors love to win and they will lie, cheat, withhold information, and pay State (paid) Psychiatrist who are paid well to testify after taling to the assailant for 30 to 60 minutes that they will kill again. They go to county to county and are paid well for this as they are known to be experts at this job and conveince the jury that this is indeed a fact.
Mark Stroman on DR in Texas should have been granted "life in prison without parole". He has many loved ones and friends who love him deeply. He is not a danger to other inmates nor guards, in fact; many are friends.
I hate having to type the reasons why you are so fallaciously incorrect but it's in my nature to do so. Here it goes.
1. Cost is not an issue. The safety of the public is 10x more important than the cost of the means of ensuring safety. There isn't one person with even 1 iota of intelligence that would disagree with this.
2. Saying you would rather be put to sleep than spend the rest of your life in prison has no relevance to this topic so stop posting useless irrelevant statements like that. You are not the one who committed the murder nor are you involved in the case so that statement you said DOES NOT MATTER
3. Defense attorneys love to lie, cheat and manipulate too. The only difference is they can get away with it. If a defense lawyer knows his client is actually guilty then is obligated by attorney client privilege to keep it between them whereas if the prosecution has information that may
show the defendant is possibly innocent, he/she is obligated to hand it over to the defense.
4. Your conspiracy theories are not only annoying and false but they are also ignorant beyond belief. I have a news flash for you, not everyone is out go get the defendant. If he is guilty, he is guilty. Stop making ignorant assumptions without a single iota of proof and put your tin foil hat back on.
5. Whether he has many loved ons or not is completely irrelevant. He committed a brutal unjustified crime.
6. I'm sorry but in terms of many "friends" you do not equal many. You are just 1
if not less. He is still a danger to inmates and guards because imagine if a Muslim was sent to the same exact prison as him. I bet he would kill it too. He is a murderer and deserves to be punished to the fullest extent of the law. He would most likely also kill some random inmate if that person took his carton of milk or sneezed in his general direction. A leopard doesn't lose his spots so in other words a murderer will always be capable of murder.
I suggest next time you want to make statements like that, you'd bring some iota of proof. Ignorance will not be tolerated by scumpals under any circumstance