Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on Twitter

Author Topic: Huckabee Lesson Is, Execution Beats Pardons  (Read 3476 times)

Offline Moh

• Resident
Re: Huckabee Lesson Is, Execution Beats Pardons
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009, 01:07:05 AM »
So, um, Huckabee's a liberal?

Offline 14dp

• Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2009, 06:58:57 AM »

If you want to call him a compassionate conservative, it's OK with me.  Even Jane Fonda is a conservative in her private life because she knows how to count her money.  Nobody is 100% anything.  Huckabee is a reason why we should never elect an ex-priest or preacher to be a governor or the President because we would never know if his goal is to serve his god or the people who elected him.  For the president of the US I want the meanest sob who will be feared abroad.  Instead, we got a nice guy who travels the world to be liked and to apologize.   Huckabee would be the same.   Would Huckabee drop a couple of nukes in 1945?

Offline 63Wildcat

• Fanatic
  • Don't Tread On Me
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2009, 12:41:26 AM »
I don't think anyone now would have enough cajones to drop the bomb like 1945.
"..the death of any public servant or innocent is a tragedy... the death of a murderer is a mere statistic..."  -63Wildcat

AS OF TOMORROW I'M TURNING GRAVITY OFF...

Offline Moh

• Resident
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2009, 01:40:46 AM »

If you want to call him a compassionate conservative, it's OK with me.  Even Jane Fonda is a conservative in her private life because she knows how to count her money.  Nobody is 100% anything.  Huckabee is a reason why we should never elect an ex-priest or preacher to be a governor or the President because we would never know if his goal is to serve his god or the people who elected him.  For the president of the US I want the meanest sob who will be feared abroad.  Instead, we got a nice guy who travels the world to be liked and to apologize.   Huckabee would be the same.   Would Huckabee drop a couple of nukes in 1945?

Well, I daresay I'm confused: are you ranting about liberals or compassionate conservatives?

As to your other spleen venting about President Obama. Try to name a president who hasn't apologized for something. For instance, you do know that conservative icon Ronald Reagan apologized for shooting down an Iranian civilian airliner, don't you? And perhaps you're aware as well that he formally apologized to Japanese-Americans for their internment during World War Two and approved the making of reparations to them to the tune of $20,000 a person.

As to whether "Huckabee would drop a couple of nukes in 1945", who knows whether he would have? I do agree with your diatribe against religious yahoos in office.

Offline JT

• Fanatic
  • اعتقد ان الفرنسي غي له والتي
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2009, 04:16:12 AM »
As to your other spleen venting about President Obama. Try to name a president who hasn't apologized for something. For instance, you do know that conservative icon Ronald Reagan apologized for shooting down an Iranian civilian airliner, don't you? And perhaps you're aware as well that he formally apologized to Japanese-Americans for their internment during World War Two and approved the making of reparations to them to the tune of $20,000 a person.

Well, of course President Reagan, in his capacity as Commander in Chief and conservative icon, apologised for the downing of Iran Air 655.  The captain of the USS Vincennes believed that the aircraft was a military aircraft on the offensive (IR 655 was climbing through 14,000 feet at an abnormally steep climb rate for its type and was outbound from a military airfield in Bandar Abbas, so the conflation is understandable) rather than a passenger aircraft.  The airliner also managed to fool the Vincennes' onboard AEGIS into believing it was hostile.  But it is undeniably right that the U.S. President apologises when the United States makes a mistake, especially one with a catastrophic loss of civilian life.  Why President Obama has attracted ire from the Right is because he is issuing blanket apologia seeking to expunge every action of the Bush Administration.  It is not so much the apology itself as the inference that a particular action was a mistake that attracts conservative opprobrium and charges that the President is spineless... and piques the Obama Administration's deep, burning fear of being compared to Jimmy Peanut's.
JT's Ridiculous Quote of the Century:
"I'm disgusted with the State for even putting me in this position."
-- Reginald Blanton, Texas death row.  As of October 27, 2009, Reggie's position has been in a coffin.

Offline Moh

• Resident
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2009, 06:51:39 AM »

Well, of course President Reagan, in his capacity as Commander in Chief and conservative icon, apologised for the downing of Iran Air 655.  The captain of the USS Vincennes believed that the aircraft was a military aircraft on the offensive (IR 655 was climbing through 14,000 feet at an abnormally steep climb rate for its type and was outbound from a military airfield in Bandar Abbas, so the conflation is understandable) rather than a passenger aircraft.  The airliner also managed to fool the Vincennes' onboard AEGIS into believing it was hostile.  But it is undeniably right that the U.S. President apologises when the United States makes a mistake, especially one with a catastrophic loss of civilian life.  Why President Obama has attracted ire from the Right is because he is issuing blanket apologia seeking to expunge every action of the Bush Administration.  It is not so much the apology itself as the inference that a particular action was a mistake that attracts conservative opprobrium and charges that the President is spineless... and piques the Obama Administration's deep, burning fear of being compared to Jimmy Peanut's.

Thank you for elucidating what had been manifestly unclear before. And just for a little more info, what exactly has President Obama apologized for?

heidi salazar

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2009, 07:46:30 AM »
Obama Apologizes for Calling His Bad Bowling 'Like the Special Olympics'

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=7129997&page=1

Obama Apologizes to Cop About “Stupid” Arrest Comment

http://newledger.com/2009/07/obama-apologizes-to-cop-about-stupid-arrest-comment/

Obama Apologizes to Europe

http://pdberger.com/obama-apologizes-to-europe/

Stunner… Obama Apologizes For America Again At United Nations

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2009/09/stunner-obama-apologizes-for-america-again-at-united-nations/

Obama Apologizes for The Declaration Of Independence

http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/declaration.asp

(This is a joke but still a very funny read!)

President Obama Apologizes for Low Flying Plane Scaring New Yorkers

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1695203/president_obama_apologizes_for_low.html?cat=75

Obama apologizes to Nancy Reagan for 'seance' crack

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iTy-qrEZ3-YIhjMgivRhZ4Px-36Q

Obama Apologizes For US To Muslims

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/obama-apologizes-for-us-to-muslims

Barack Obama should stop apologising for America

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/5428026/Barack-Obama-should-stop-apologising-for-America.html

Offline 14dp

• Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2009, 04:49:04 PM »
Thank you, Heidi.  A little side bar:  I take back what I said not wanting to be a juror.  If you are there with me, plus Grandmother, I will do it.

Back to apologizing.  I don't want any US President to apologize for anything, including putting the Japanese into camps.  From the hindsight, we know that they were, just like the islamist terrorists are today, fanatics that loved to die for their country and the a*hole that was in power at the time.   What guarantees did we have in 1941 that they would not resort to sabotage and terror?  The camps gave us that so it was a good decision.   They attacked us and we had to apologize?   

Did Iran apologize for holding 53 Americans in slavery for 444 days?  When they extradite the hostage takers to the US, I will apologize for the jumbo jet incident.  BTW, the pilot knew our navy was in the area.  He should have very politely ask us for the permission to take off specifying the time and and other details. 

We paid dearly by getting soft and sloppy with the USS Cole.  Had the ship opened fire on that boat, 17 sailors would be alive today.   Instead, we were nice. 

heidi salazar

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2009, 06:20:18 PM »
Thank you, Heidi.  A little side bar:  I take back what I said not wanting to be a juror.  If you are there with me, plus Grandmother, I will do it.

Thanks, but I would never make it through jury selection! As far as  answering Moh's question about "What else has he apologized for" I was just answering him...with what our asinine "President" has apologized for. It really was not a jab at Moh.

Back to apologizing.  I don't want any US President to apologize for anything, including putting the Japanese into camps.  From the hindsight, we know that they were, just like the islamist terrorists are today, fanatics that loved to die for their country and the a*hole that was in power at the time.   What guarantees did we have in 1941 that they would not resort to sabotage and terror?  The camps gave us that so it was a good decision.   They attacked us and we had to apologize?

Pay back is a bitch!! Ever heard of these names? HONDA, TOYOTA, HITACHI, SONY. They kicked our ass in technology!

Did Iran apologize for holding 53 Americans in slavery for 444 days?  When they extradite the hostage takers to the US, I will apologize for the jumbo jet incident.  BTW, the pilot knew our navy was in the area.  He should have very politely ask us for the permission to take off specifying the time and and other details.

It was a conspiracy and there is nothing any of you can say to convince me otherwise. Airbus Air Iran Flight 655 was filled with dead people and the pilot was a martyr!

We paid dearly by getting soft and sloppy with the USS Cole.  Had the ship opened fire on that boat, 17 sailors would be alive today.   Instead, we were nice.

Clinton administration. I had the pleasure of sharing an elevator in Portsmouth Naval Hospital with a sailor who had been injured in the Cole terrorist attack. My daughter was in a drug induced comma on the 3rd floor. The sailor was in her working blues, and I noticed USS COLE DDG 67 on her shoulder, and 1/2 of her foot missing. All I could say with a tear in my eye was, "Thank you for your service to my country" She said, "You're welcome"