Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on Twitter

Author Topic: Quotable Quotes  (Read 3332 times)

Offline ScoopD (aka: Pam)

• Administrator
  • Fanatic
  • My BS'ometer is fully charged so bring it on!
Quotable Quotes
« on: November 30, 2009, 07:40:37 AM »
I'm going to sticky this thread, it might prove useful one day.   ;)

Quotable Quotes

"There is no end to the creative mind of the condemned," Kentucky Justice Bill Cunningham

"Our decision here today gives the guilty more time to live. It gives innocent families of the victims more time to suffer." Kentucky Justice Bill Cunningham

My thoughts, we need more Judges like Bill Cunningham.

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

My reason for supporting capital punishment: My cousin 16 yr. old Amanda Greenwell was murdered in March of 2004 at the hands of serial killer Jeremy Bryan Jones.

Offline kat_the_rat

Re: Quotable Quotes
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 05:37:08 AM »
I agree with them quotes, they get far to much time sitting on DR, they should only get few years to prove there innocence and if they can't then so be it, let justice be done and stop these families of the victoms suffering, they will always suffer knowing there loved one isn't coming home but at  lease they have some peace knowing that the person who took there loved one away can no longer hurt anyone else again and that justice has been done...

Kat

Offline Texas_g2

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 02:37:46 PM »
Okay - consider this -

While it maybe true that the Early Bird may get the Worm ...

However -

It's the second mouse that gets the cheese !!!!    ;)
....... but if it be a sin to covet honour,  I am the most offending soul alive.

Offline phlebbb

• Fanatic
  • T.A.N.S.T.A.A.F.L.
    • MSN Messenger - phlebbb2000@msn.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - phlebbb2000@yahoo.com
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 08:39:45 AM »
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

or....

Everyone has photographic memory; some just don't have the film.

8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D ;D
You miss 100% of the shots that you DO NOT  take.........

Offline mildbill

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 12:12:25 PM »
  In the words of Jessie Jackson, speaking of Barrack Obama... ;D ;D ;D

"I'd like to cut his nuts off."
Some people just need a hug
 ...around the neck
 ...with a rope.

Offline Granny B

• Administrator
  • Fanatic
  • I'd like to help U out. Which way did U come in?
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 04:34:31 PM »

What an amazingly wise man Thomas Jefferson was!

"In God We Trust"

Amazing words in this day....spoken over 200 years ago!

How did  Jefferson  know?

John F. Kennedy held a dinner in the white House for a group of the brightest minds in the nation at that time. He made this statement:

"This is perhaps the assembly of the most intelligence ever to gather at one time in the White House with the exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone."

Especially read the last quote from 1802.

When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as  Europe.
Thomas Jefferson

The democracy will cease to exist  when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world.
Thomas Jefferson

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

Thomas Jefferson 

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of
patriots and tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas  Jefferson said in 1802:

'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property - until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'

" Closure? Closure is a misused word in the English language.  There is no such thing as closure for the family of a murder victim.  There will never be any closure for the death of our loved ones until we are dead ourselves.  The families have a lifetime sentence of anguish and sadness." 
Susan Levy

Offline Texas_g2

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 05:55:37 PM »
Amen !
....... but if it be a sin to covet honour,  I am the most offending soul alive.

Offline Kitten Resq

• Administrator
  • Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 07:17:39 PM »
My personal favorites, which I use frequently are:

Opinions are like assholes.....Everyone's got one

and

I don't know nothing, and I can prove it.

:P :P :P
Some people say I’m a horrible person, but it’s not true!  I have the heart of an innocent girl….in a jar, on my desk

Victims have a dignitary interest in justice and vindication without interminable delay caused by guilty prisoners’ attempts to stave off punishment.

Offline 63Wildcat

• Fanatic
  • Don't Tread On Me
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 05:00:20 PM »
My Favourite...

No Sense Makes Sense

???
"..the death of any public servant or innocent is a tragedy... the death of a murderer is a mere statistic..."  -63Wildcat

AS OF TOMORROW I'M TURNING GRAVITY OFF...

Offline StephenKing

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 12:00:30 PM »
The eldest and best quote about justice that the marines use. It's always stuck with me.

"Sic Vis Pacem, para bellum"

If you want peace, prepare for war!
My reason for supporting the death penalty. My coworker, Quincey Allen, shot and killed my friend Jed Harr while shooting at my roommate/friend/expectant father, Brian Marquis, and then tried to burn down my house. Quincey then went on a killing spree because he wanted to be famous.

Offline Dilligaf

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 02:11:09 PM »
Here is one that seems appropriate for the discussions lately.  I am not advocating, merely citing:

"Kill 'em all and let God (or would that be Allah?) sort 'em out."

Offline AnneTheBelgian

• Fanatic
  • PRO DEATH PENALTY, BELGIAN, CHRISTIAN, ROYALIST
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 01:55:13 AM »
I appreciate numerous quotes... Here are two of them :

1. VERBA VOLANT SCRIPTA MANENT (the words blow away [like paper lol], the writings stay).

2. SPES IN DEI NON VANA (the hope on God isn't vain) => quote of "The Bethune's", an old and famous family of the French Nobility.

Anne
"DEATH PENALTY OPPONENTS WHO TWIST THE TRUTH TO PROTECT KILLERS ARE ALSO TORTURING VICTIMS FAMILIES" (PETER BRONSON, CINCINNATI ENQUIRER,FEBRUARY 3, 2003)

PRO DEATH PENALTY AND PROUD OF IT !!!

JE MAINTIENDRAI (MOTTO OF WILLIAM I THE SILENT, PRINCE OF ORANGE, 1533 - 1584, MOTTO OF THE NETHERLANDS)

DEO JUVANTE (MOTTO OF THE PRINCIPALITY OF MONACO)

PROUD TO BE BELGIAN !!! I LOVE MY KINGDOM !!!

Offline Harold1253

• Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 11:06:02 AM »
One of my favorites..."I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy>"

Offline Granny B

• Administrator
  • Fanatic
  • I'd like to help U out. Which way did U come in?
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2010, 11:07:46 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
" Closure? Closure is a misused word in the English language.  There is no such thing as closure for the family of a murder victim.  There will never be any closure for the death of our loved ones until we are dead ourselves.  The families have a lifetime sentence of anguish and sadness." 
Susan Levy

Offline prince

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 11:32:18 AM »

"What I like about the internet is we can post anything we like and somebody somewhere is going to believe it"   
Thomas Jefferson 1803

the person formerly known as "rsa2010"