Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on Twitter

Author Topic: Quincey Allen - Coulmbia, SC - Execution date stayed until next court date  (Read 9861 times)

heidi salazar

Death sentence upheld for Mafia wannabee

The death sentence of a killer who wanted to be a Mafia hit man has been upheld for two 2002 murders he committed in Richland County by the S.C. Supreme Court.

The death sentence of Quincy Jovan Allen, 30, was "proper" and supported by ample aggravating circumstances that made him eligible for the death penalty, the Supreme Court ruled Monday in a unanimous decision.

The court’s seven-page decision contained the details of Allen’s grisly death odyssey -- in which he also killed two men in North Carolina -- over two months in 2002.

That year, Allen shot and killed Dale Hale near I-77 in Columbia with a shotgun. He then doused her body with gasoline and set it on fire.

A month after that killing, also using a shotgun, Alllen shot and killed a man, Jedediah Harr, who was a bystander in an argument Allen had with others.

"Allen gave statements to police outlining the details of his crimes," the Supreme Court noted.

"He told police he began killing people because an inmate in federal prison, where Allen spent time for stealing a vehicle, had told him he could get him a job as a Mafia hit man."

Before starting his death spree, Allen used a homeless man, James White, 51, who was sitting on a bench in Finlay Park in downtown Columbia, for target practice.

Allen shot him twice to learn how to use his shotgun, the high court noted.

Allen has also pleaded guilty and been sentenced to death for killing the two North Carolina men in 2002.

Circuit Court Judge G. Gordon Cooper sentenced Allen to death in 2005. Fifth Circuit Solicitor Barney Giese prosecuted the case.

Allen is now on Death Row in the S.C. Department of Corrections.

http://www.thestate.com/breaking/story/1030618.html

Opinion here:

http://www.judicial.state.sc.us/opinions/displayOpinion.cfm?caseNo=26743

heidi salazar

Re: Quincy Allen - South Carolina - 1/8/10
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 02:16:57 PM »
Quincy Allen execution date set

Convicted murderer Quincy Allen, 30, is set to be executed January 8 after the S.C. Supreme Court issued an order Thursday directing the state to carry out his death sentence.

The order comes just weeks after Allen and another death-row inmate repeatedly stabbed a guard outside the state's death-row compound at Broad River Correctional Institution in Columbia on December 2.

That stabbing took place 2 weeks after the state high court rejected Allen's final appeal November 16, which cleared the way for his execution.

Allen plead guilty in 2005 to murdering Jedediah Harr, 22, at a Texas Roadhouse restaurant in Northeastern Richland County in 2002 as well as killing and burning the body of Dale Hall, 45, on Two Notch Road. Allen also shot James White, 51, in downtown Columbia's Finlay Park. White survived the shooting.

Allen then led police on a multi-state manhunt, including the killing of 2 more people at a N.C. convenience store, before being captured in Texas.

Corrections department spokesman Josh Gelinas said Thursday that Allen has selected electrocution as the method of execution.

(source: Midlands Connect)

Offline JT

• Fanatic
  • اعتقد ان الفرنسي غي له والتي
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 04:02:03 PM »
Facts of the case:

At approximately 3:00 a.m. on July 7, 2002, Quincy Allen approached a homeless man, fifty-one year old James White, who was lying on a swinging bench in Finlay Park in downtown Columbia.  Allen ordered White to stand up, and proceeded to shoot him in the shoulder.  When White fell back to the bench, Allen ordered him to stand up and shot him again.  According to Allen’s subsequent statement to police, he had just gotten the shot-gun and he used White as a practice victim because he did not know how to shoot the gun.  White survived the assault. 

A few days later, on July 10, 2002, Allen met a prostitute named Dale Hall on Two Notch Road in Columbia; he took her to an isolated dead end cul-de-sac near I-77 where he shot her three times with a 12 gauge shotgun, placing the shotgun in her mouth as she pleaded for her life.  After shooting her, Allen left to purchase a can of gasoline, and came back to douse Hall’s body and set her on fire.  He then went back to work at his job at the Texas Roadhouse Grill restaurant on Two Notch Road.

Several weeks later, on August 8, 2002, while working at the restaurant, Allen got into an argument with two sisters, Taneal and Tiffany Todd; he threatened Tiffany, who was then 12 weeks pregnant, that he was going to slap her so hard her baby would have a mark on it.  Tiffany’s boyfriend Brian Marquis came to the restaurant, accompanied by his friend Jedediah Harr.  After a confrontation, Allen fired his shotgun into Harr’s car, attempting to shoot Marquis; however, Allen missed Marquis and instead hit Harr in the right side of the head.  As the car rolled downhill, Marquis jumped out and ran into a nearby convenience store, where he was hidden in the cooler by an employee.  Allen left the convenience store, and went and set fire to the front porch of Marquis’ home.  A few hours later Allen set fire to the car of Sarah Barnes, another Texas Roadhouse employee.  Harr died of the shotgun blast to his head.

The following day, Allen set fire to the car of another man, Don Bundrick, whom he apparently did not know.  Later that evening, August 9, 2002, Allen went to a strip club, Platinum Plus, in Columbia, where he pointed his shotgun at a patron.  Allen left South Carolina and proceeded to New York City.  On his way back, while in North Carolina, Allen shot and killed two men at a convenience store in Surrey County.[2]  Allen then went to Texas, where he was apprehended by law enforcement on August 14th.

Allen gave statements to police outlining the details of his crimes.  He told police he began killing people because an inmate in federal prison, where Allen spent time for stealing a vehicle, had told him he could get him a job as a mafia hit man.  Allen got tired of waiting and embarked on his own killing spree.  Allen told police he would have killed more people if he had had a handgun, but his prior record prohibited him from obtaining a handgun.

http://www.judicial.state.sc.us/opinions/displayOpinion.cfm?caseNo=26743

I'm not certain that this one will proceed, but after Allen's attack on the guard recently, I guess they saw no reason not to go ahead and set it.  They're obviously hopeful it will proceed.
JT's Ridiculous Quote of the Century:
"I'm disgusted with the State for even putting me in this position."
-- Reginald Blanton, Texas death row.  As of October 27, 2009, Reggie's position has been in a coffin.

Anne

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 12:25:58 PM »
It is a good new. Here is a photo of this murderer...

Anne

Offline JT

• Fanatic
  • اعتقد ان الفرنسي غي له والتي
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 08:33:32 AM »
SC killer chooses electrocution for execution

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - A death row inmate has ended his appeals and asked South Carolina to execute him in the electric chair.

Prison officials Thursday scheduled Quincy Allen's death for Jan. 8, 2010. Allen killed four people across South Carolina and North Carolina in the summer of 2002.

Allen's decision to die came just two weeks after he tried to escape from death row with cop killer Mikal Deen Mahdi. Authorities say the pair stabbed a guard in a fenced-in recreation yard but were quickly caught.

South Carolina allows inmates to choose between lethal injection and electrocution. The state has executed two inmates in 2009.

It would be the second electrocution in the U.S. in two months. A Virginia killer chose to die in that state's electric chair in November.

Inmate appeals execution as date looms

A death row inmate whose execution date was set for next month has appealed his case in federal court.

Defense attorney Bob Dudek said Thursday he filed the request to stay Quincy Allen's execution.

The appeal was filed hours after state prison officials set a Jan. 8 execution date and said Allen chose to die in the electric chair. Dudek says that will likely be delayed because Allen also has the potential for a state appeal remaining.

The state Supreme Court refused Thursday to reconsider its decision to uphold Allen's death sentence.

Allen killed four people across South Carolina and North Carolina in the summer of 2002.

Authorities say he tried to escape from death row two weeks ago, stabbing a guard.

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/1221550.html

Hmm...
JT's Ridiculous Quote of the Century:
"I'm disgusted with the State for even putting me in this position."
-- Reginald Blanton, Texas death row.  As of October 27, 2009, Reggie's position has been in a coffin.

Offline GEO

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 10:03:09 AM »
If he had been executed in 2002 when he should have been, the Guard wouldn't have been stabbed. "I say Light Him Up" and "Good Riddance" :(
George

Offline vikkiw47

• Fanatic
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - vikkiw47
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 04:08:40 PM »
I agree with that !!! Sooner that later for sure
Justice is not about bringing back the dead. It is not about revenge either. Justice is about enforcing consequences for one's own actions to endorse personal responsibility. We cannot expect anyone to take responsibility for their own actions if these consequences are not enforced in full.

Offline GermanFan

• Resident
  • A DP fan from Germany.
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 07:34:16 AM »
So this f*%#er killed these people for... fun? Cannot see that he raped the prostitute or that he stole money from the convenience store. If that is so, he is the living definition of "threat to the society"  >:(
--
Let's be economical: The best way against high costs associated with the DP are swift executions.

Offline vikkiw47

• Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 01:57:14 PM »
potty mouth !!!!!
Justice is not about bringing back the dead. It is not about revenge either. Justice is about enforcing consequences for one's own actions to endorse personal responsibility. We cannot expect anyone to take responsibility for their own actions if these consequences are not enforced in full.

heidi salazar

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 03:50:19 PM »
Stay of execution ordered in Quincy Allen case

Convicted killer Quincy Allen was scheduled to be put to death this Friday, but Tuesday afternoon, we learned the execution won't go on as scheduled.

In 2005, Allen was convicted of murdering 2 people in Richland County and 2 others in North Carolina.

JoAnne Harr has been waiting for more than 7 years to see her son's killer put to death.

"He was my only son with my husband, our only child," she said.

JoAnne looks at her sons ashes and says she hates the thought she'll never have grandkids.

"I can't look forward to seeing Jed in each of them," said JoAnne.

Jedediah Harr, know to his mother as "Jed," was only 22 when he was shot and killed by Quincy Allen.

Harr was out celebrating with a friend who just got engaged. An argument between Allen and the 2 turned deadly when Allen pulled out a gun.

JoAnne says not a day goes by she doesn't think about her son -- he would have turned 30 this year.

"I miss his shenanigans, sense of humor, which was kind of dry, but he would get me every now and then and it was always okay little mama just calm down," said JoAnne.

Allen's execution was originally scheduled for this Friday, but just today the attorney general's office received a stay order from the South Carolina Supreme Court. All this means more court time for Allen and more waiting for JoAnne.

"It's like the victim continues to be the victim until they day he's dead, and it's just not right," said JoAnne. "I don't have to pay for his room and board anymore, I'd rather pay my sons room and board, not his, not Quincy Allen's."

We got the word from the attorney general's office about the stay order from the Supreme Court just after 4.

A date for Allen to meet with a judge has not yet been set.

(source: WIS News)

Offline vikkiw47

• Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 04:43:59 PM »
Well Heidi you called this one !!!!!

Offline lpadilla

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 08:47:10 PM »
too bad only 3 and not 4 this week! but at least we know the other three wont sing anymore!

Offline GEO

• Resident
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 01:15:16 PM »
I'm really discusted that a Judge can give this Maggot a Stay, when he has just proved what sort of scum he is by stabbing a Guard. Well South Carolina doesn't get a chance to use there Electric Chair that much so like Quincy they might need to use a practice victim and well Quincy seems like a likely candidate. -- So just sit here Quincy and OOPS! who threw the switch, accidents do happen don't they? :(
George

Offline Michael

• Fanatic
  • Strange things happen.
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 02:21:28 PM »
Today justice had been tirtured in SC.  ???

Michael
I´m not sure if there´s a hell, but I believe in executed murderers.

Offline andersmh123

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 04:09:25 PM »
hopefully the execution stay will be short lived.  put this pos down and be done with it!  :(