All of our Members PLEASE READ!!!

Started by Jeff1857, May 26, 2009, 10:29:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Jeff1857

First of all sorry about clogging up the site lately. I have this crazy idea and I need your help before I get committed.  ;D.

I have listed EVERY death row inmate by state in the forums and it is right up to the minute. Ok I cheated on FL AND TX  ;). Michael and Moh has helped with that immensely as well.

My crazy IDEA is....I would like to have the case data on every inmate in the US. It is around 2400 that we need info on. So I would much much appreciate if you guys have a little time to maybe pick a state and find 5-10 cases with the particulars of the crime.It doesn't have to be elaborately done. So if you can cut and paste some case info and email Michael or me the info we will get those in.

This is a HUGE undertaking and will be tremendous for the site. No other site has this. Any help ya'll can provide will be GREATLY appreciated. Any questions please ask me. :-*. Jeff

JT

Texas inmates have a summary of the case within their direct appeal decision, all of which should be easy to find on the TCCA's website (assuming, of course, that the inmate in question has gone through direct appeal already).  The Fifth Circus will also have that same information in COA decisions.

Some other state supreme courts are a little bare with regards to this information, and some aren't.  (I've always found the South Carolina Supreme Court to be very useful.)

I'll chip in tomorrow.
JT's Ridiculous Quote of the Century:
"I'm disgusted with the State for even putting me in this position."
-- Reginald Blanton, Texas death row.  As of October 27, 2009, Reggie's position has been in a coffin.

Jeff1857

yeah JT, I just provided the link to the website for Texas, easier to click on that than type them all.....same with Florida on the capital cases......cuts down on the work!!! No reason we need to worry about those 2 states anyway  ;)

63Wildcat

Oh man.. I have a migraine just thinking about this.. I'll dig up the stuff in WA if I can get the chance....Jeff..yer nuts..  ;)
"..the death of any public servant or innocent is a tragedy... the death of a murderer is a mere statistic..."  -63Wildcat

AS OF TOMORROW I'M TURNING GRAVITY OFF...

ScoopD (aka: Pam)

HAHAHA  I started this project last summer and a few states into it I said to myself and Jeff "oh hell no" it was just too overwhelming.. SO THANK YOU JEFF!!!!!!!!!!!!
<br /><br />If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine<br /><br />My reason for supporting capital punishment: My cousin 16 yr. old Amanda Greenwell was murdered in March of 2004 at the hands of serial killer Jeremy Bryan Jones.

Jeff1857

May 27, 2009, 04:13:27 PM Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 05:04:00 PM by Jeff1857
An Upate:

Completed States:

CO CT FL GA ID IN IL KS KY MD MT NE NM SD TX UT VA WY
Federal and US Military

Left to Do:
Alabama - In Progress - Thank You!!!!
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Delaware
Louisiana
Mississippi
Missouri
Nevada
North Carolina - In Progress.....Thank you!!
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
Tennessee - In Progress
Washington

vikkiw47

Great work Jeff i will help with LA
Justice is not about bringing back the dead. It is not about revenge either. Justice is about enforcing consequences for one's own actions to endorse personal responsibility. We cannot expect anyone to take responsibility for their own actions if these consequences are not enforced in full.

Granny B

Jeff,

You took on an awesome big chore. 

Thanks for all the hard work you do here.

I will try to help with this project when I can, but I don't promise anything.  Between work and home life........... :-X
" Closure? Closure is a misused word in the English language.  There is no such thing as closure for the family of a murder victim.  There will never be any closure for the death of our loved ones until we are dead ourselves.  The families have a lifetime sentence of anguish and sadness." 
Susan Levy

Michael

An Upate:

Jeff, you need a break...  ;D

Michael
I´m not sure if there´s a hell, but I believe in executed murderers.

63Wildcat

An Upate:

Jeff, you need a break...  ;D

Michael

Michael..
He needs a trip to a Biergarten for a couple of days...
"..the death of any public servant or innocent is a tragedy... the death of a murderer is a mere statistic..."  -63Wildcat

AS OF TOMORROW I'M TURNING GRAVITY OFF...

Michael

I fear he won´t return Bruce...  :o  ;D  ;D

Michael

JT

Jeff, I'll do South Carolina...

...when I get back from Michael's Biergarten8)
JT's Ridiculous Quote of the Century:
"I'm disgusted with the State for even putting me in this position."
-- Reginald Blanton, Texas death row.  As of October 27, 2009, Reggie's position has been in a coffin.

roo28

haha Beer Garden?  ;D

JeffB

...when I get back from Michael's Biergarten. 

I'm in too..  I'll bring some Cohibas..
"SO SUCK IT YOU "BLUE COOLER" DOPE!"  -  Sylar24

Michael

Great idea.. there´re about 5 chairs left - the person who makes the Cali-list (and Jeff) list gets a steak, the rest gets a hamburger..  :)

Are there no Biergartens in SA Lyra? :-O

And JeffB - I hope the Cohibas are not from NC? :-O

Michael

Go Up