General Death Penalty > U.S. Death Penalty Discussion

female executioner

<< < (2/3) > >>

iamjumbo:
there have been a couple of female executioners in history, betty being the most famous, but that was a couple hundred years ago.  it seems to be a rather discriminatory profession

63Wildcat:

--- Quote from: hangwoman on November 18, 2008, 08:57:57 PM ---
what tis your idea about a female executioner

--- End quote ---

My kinda gal!! :-*

JT:
It is possible that there was a female hang(wo)man in Britain sometime during the 19th Century.  There are records of a female assisting at a few hangings, but nobody is quite sure how that name got on the list... or, indeed, if it is real.

I would imagine, however, that the number of female executioners is tiny.  I can't seriously imagine there can be that many women around who would willingly enter such an occupation.  And no, that's not sexist; it's just the bloody truth.

iamjumbo:

--- Quote from: JT on November 20, 2008, 05:14:04 AM ---
It is possible that there was a female hang(wo)man in Britain sometime during the 19th Century.  There are records of a female assisting at a few hangings, but nobody is quite sure how that name got on the list... or, indeed, if it is real.

I would imagine, however, that the number of female executioners is tiny.  I can't seriously imagine there can be that many women around who would willingly enter such an occupation.  And no, that's not sexist; it's just the bloody truth.

--- End quote ---

of course, i would differ with your premise.  what about the knitting ladies at the place de greve?  if offered the opportunity, i'd imagine any of them would have jumped at the chance to drop the blade

JeffB:
what tis your idea about a female executioner

Depends...  Is she a hottie?.....   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version