Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on Twitter

Author Topic: Retesting of DNA Granted in Routier Case  (Read 8217 times)

heidi salazar

Re: Retesting of DNA Granted in Routier Case
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2010, 12:15:15 PM »
Currently most of the DNA to be tested is at Orchid Cellmark, and if the Dallas DA is requesting the DNA be tested at the Austin DPS lab then obviously a decision has not been made.

Offline pdptds2010

• Resident
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2010, 09:49:06 PM »
Here is what I don't understand.  I watched 20/20 or a Dateline special regarding this case.  Sorry can't remember which one.  The showed injuries, pretty bad ones, that she could not have self inflicted on her back.  These were never shown in court.  Anyone have any theories on this?  I am not saying she is innocent just wondering.   ???

Gregg Fisher

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2010, 10:29:38 PM »
Here is what I don't understand.  I watched 20/20 or a Dateline special regarding this case.  Sorry can't remember which one.  The showed injuries, pretty bad ones, that she could not have self inflicted on her back.  These were never shown in court.  Anyone have any theories on this?  I am not saying she is innocent just wondering.   ???

ALL discovery was turned over to the defense. The defense never alleged that evidence was withheld from them.  So, I don't understand why you are implying that evidence was withheld when her  attys are not.  The surgeon who examined her testified that they examined her back and did not find injuries.   

Offline Destinee

• Resident
  • RIP F.R. - in my heart & mind always!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - destineez1
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2010, 06:59:29 AM »
I have seen a few investigative documentaries on Darlie also and I know what pd..sorry cant recall the full nick at the moment...is speaking of. They did each show photos of Darlie with very dark black & bruises up and down her forearms which they stated could not have been self inflicted and then they followed up stating there were over a 100 photos submitted and those of her forearms were not presented to the jury. I did not get a clear answer from any show on why her lawyer did not use them & what was the reason the jury did not see them either but it was made clear that they were not withheld by the courts in any way...the jury just did not see them.  Seems like a big ball to drop in such a case but I am very interested to see what happens with the DNA tests that were granted awhile back & I do find this case interesting. I just get a feeling there is more going on here then is being disclosed either by Darlie or her husband, who slept thru everything upstairs??? (parents of small kids just do not sleep that hard) Only time will tell perhaps...
Matthew 5:9 says, "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God"
OfficerDownMemorialPage - RIP To All The Brave Men We Have Lost!

Offline jordan

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2010, 05:44:12 AM »
I cant believe Darlie is still wasting tax payer dollars, they have really let her & her band of followers drag this out .....she should have long ago left the building ......
The whole story was a load of rubbish , why would someone do that?? she is a LIAR!

Gregg Fisher

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2010, 07:28:02 PM »
I have seen a few investigative documentaries on Darlie also and I know what pd..sorry cant recall the full nick at the moment...is speaking of. They did each show photos of Darlie with very dark black & bruises up and down her forearms which they stated could not have been self inflicted and then they followed up stating there were over a 100 photos submitted and those of her forearms were not presented to the jury. I did not get a clear answer from any show on why her lawyer did not use them & what was the reason the jury did not see them either but it was made clear that they were not withheld by the courts in any way...the jury just did not see them.  Seems like a big ball to drop in such a case but I am very interested to see what happens with the DNA tests that were granted awhile back & I do find this case interesting. I just get a feeling there is more going on here then is being disclosed either by Darlie or her husband, who slept thru everything upstairs??? (parents of small kids just do not sleep that hard) Only time will tell perhaps...

1.   pdptds said back, not back of arms.  Again, the surgeon testified that they examined her back and found no injuries. It's in the transcripts.

2.   Of course the bruises on the fore arms could be self inflicted.

3.    All photos were given to the defense as part of discovery. Prior to trial, the attys and court choose which photos will be admitted into evidence.  Not all photos admitted into evidence are presented to the jury during the trial.  However, the photos of the injuries to her arm and what the defense claims are defensive wounds were submitted to the jury.   Her atty says this in the American Justice documentary.  He's not going to lie about it.   Furthermore,  the defense called their own expert to testify about them and he did using the photos. It's in the transcripts. So, if some old coot  claims he didn't see them, he's mistaken.  Frankly, I think these crime documentaries manufacture controversy for obvious reasons.   And they are not evidence. 

Gregg Fisher

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2010, 07:29:32 PM »
On 12/28/2009, both sides filed a formal agreement with the federal court that they had reached an agreement as to:

1. What evidence wd be tested.
2. What lab will perform the testing  (University of North Texas in Denton, Texas.)

What hadn't been ruled on at the time, is whether the defense expert could be present during testing. 

It's been over 4 months and this last issue should be moot.  These decisions were reached in the trial court and the federal online docket has been closed.  Since there is no online trial court docket, there is no way of knowing if and when they reached a decision on the defense expert unless it's reported in the news or Routier groupies update their fansites.

Offline kubsch1

• Resident
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Jinx
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2010, 07:57:13 PM »
God give her strength if Darlie is innocent.  She will have paid a heavy price for her failure as a mother.  But may He also stand by her side if she is truly guilty.  He will forgive her but punish her too.

Offline pdptds2010

• Resident
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2010, 08:46:45 PM »
I saw the pictures on the tv show and yes there were pics of injuries to her back, bruising, bad cuts etc.

Gregg Fisher

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2010, 09:48:49 PM »
I saw the pictures on the tv show and yes there were pics of injuries to her back, bruising, bad cuts etc.

If that is what you saw, you should be able to find some evidence of  it and link it here.
I can find no evidence of injuries to her back.  The only evidence I did find relating to her back was the surgeon's testimony that they flipped her over in OR to examine her back for injuries and found none.

I did numerous searches in the transcript using various search terms:  back/injuries/scratches/bruis*  - and found nothing.
I did a google search of  - injuries back routier -  and got nothing. 
I viewed all the photos on her site and found no photos of back injuries.
I watched the American Justice  and 20/20 documentaries and saw no photos or heard any mention of injuries to her back.

If you find the video with the photos you  say you saw, I will look at it 
Otherwise, I can not watch another one of those crappy documentaries. They are incredibly misleading and are pure junk.

heidi salazar

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2010, 06:28:29 AM »
Here is a link to the supposed injuries.

http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/Evidence/Wounds.html

Gregg Fisher

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2010, 08:34:26 AM »
I lied. I watched another documentary because someone on another forum  who's opinion I respect recommended it. 

It was originally produced in Canada for a show called Medical Detectives and titled " Invisible Intruder."   It was rebranded and shown on the Forensic Files with the same title.  Unfortunately, all the youtube videos of it have been removed. 

However,  it was also sold to a German company,  who released it under the title of:  DiehündinermordetihreKinder.
It's still available on youtube  for viewing:   http://goo.gl/7z6g

Yes,  the narration is in German but the people interviewed speak English except for an occasional German expert the show hired.  For all I know the German version could be declaring her innocent since the euros have never met a cold blooded murderer they didn't love.   But, judging from the German expert's re-enactments and the comments,  it supports her guilt.

I recommend it for it's clear videos of the crime scene, her injuries, and the re-enactments of the crime.  IOW, it sticks to the evidence and makes no false claims in order to make a buck.  Also, for the fact that there are no photos of any back injuries.

Offline ggbop

• Fanatic
  • PRO-DP Scot who is hated by PTO - I am blessed
    • MSN Messenger - glynisf@hotmail.com
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2013, 05:41:14 AM »
Update and request from Darlie Routier’s mother
Posted by darliefacts on January 9, 2013

The following statement is being circulated by Darlie Routier’s mother, Darlie Kee. Please share with those who may be interested in Darlie’s case and in helping to correct this injustice.

Supporters, friends, and family of Darlie Routier:

I have received an update from Darlie’s attorneys and I want to share some of the details. The testing on the five items approved through Texas is complete. This particular testing (though there is more to do at the state and federal levels) has been complete since the middle of December, but we have yet to get the report. I do not know why this delay has occurred, but my understanding is that the prosecution receives the report first.

I have been told that Darlie’s attorneys are preparing a second motion for more testing. Again, this is dependent on the State’s approval, but we would all like to see the fingerprint, entire sock, limb hair on sock, and boot print in blood left on the carpet tested. Anything approved by Texas will be paid for by Texas. The attorneys are not expecting much help on the five items tested because of the limitations the state put on the testing and what they chose to allow. Testing at the federal level, however, is not paid for by the state and her defense will need to come up with this money unless an organization steps up to assist in paying for it.

This brings me to my reason for writing this letter. The funds for Darlie’s investigation and testing at the federal level are very low. There is a chance we could lose the law firm who has provided pro bono work on Darlie’s case for the past 8 years or more because there are not sufficient funds to pay for experts or upcoming testing. The defense fund previously had a balance of $8,900, but the attorneys had to pay a number of expenses. For example, the money helped the defense to pay for DNA expert, Elizabeth Johnson. The funds allowed for her to be here for last March’s hearing and the fund also provided a small amount of funding for a new investigator from Michigan. Finally, some of the money was paid to Richard Reyna to do additional investigation work.

We have been advised by Darlie’s attorneys that we need to raise funds for the following costs: DNA testing not covered at the federal level, experts who may examine the case currently and who may also provide testimony in the event of a retrial, and investigators.

I am asking you to help save my daughter’s life. We are in the process of setting up a paypal account to make it easier for people to make donations; however, I do not have a date when this will be complete. You may send donations to the address below, which is the address of one of the attorneys handling Darlie’s defense funds. If you know of anyone or any organizations that would be willing to assist in this matter please pass the information along to them as well. If you donated even a small amount each month, such as $20-$40, it would go a long way in helping me to prove she has been wrongfully convicted and to keep the state of Texas from executing her because she cannot come up with the costs associated with proving her innocence.

http://darliefacts.com/2013/01/09/update-and-request-from-darlie-routiers-mother/
Genesis 9:6
"Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man. "

Offline Angelstorm

• Troll Exterminator
  • Fanatic
  • ALLERGIES: B/S, Rabid Anti's & Shetland Ponies!!
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2013, 02:53:01 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  I know he is no longer with us, whether or not he still reads, but this statement was SO Gregg:
"I lied. I watched another documentary because someone on another forum  who's opinion I respect recommended it."
I actually LOL when I read that.....

Anyhoo - Darlie..... I tell y'what.  Just let the state of Texas set an X date - and watch all the antis come out of the woodwork to give her money  ::)  She'l no doubt get her damned DNA testing at a federal level - problem is, the state wil have to set an X date before the money miraculously appears - and her victims will have to wait longer for justice  ???

Offline ggbop

• Fanatic
  • PRO-DP Scot who is hated by PTO - I am blessed
    • MSN Messenger - glynisf@hotmail.com
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2013, 05:45:45 AM »
I wonder if Dave Moff can find the money for her  ;D
Genesis 9:6
"Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man. "