Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on Twitter

Author Topic: Garland Bernell Harper - released early, kills fiance and her children.  (Read 6201 times)

Offline texaschickeee

• Resident
  • All Sas and Sarcasm!
Re: Garland Bernell Harper - released early, kills fiance and her children.
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2010, 04:33:29 PM »
JT I agree, and its mind blowing that it takes so darn long. The innocent victims done get appeal after appeal...last meal and saying goodbye to family and friends, they shouldnt either.

Any DNA that is proven to be theirs and enough evidence that ties them..take them out back and shoot them with in a month. >:(
‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’

Oscar Wilde

Offline JTiscool

• Fanatic
  • Uses logic to outwit thuglovers, 1 scum at a time.
    • MSN Messenger - jtyugioh@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - hellkaiserjt
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2010, 06:55:54 PM »
Fortunately Pennsylvania never release convicted killers even if they are convicted of second degree murder. If I remember correctly the sentences for both second degree and first degree murder in Pennsylvania are Life in prison without parole or death (for first degree murder).
My reason for supporting the death penalty? A murderer has less of a right to live than his victim and already presents a danger while incarcerated for life. They have nothing to lose when the most they can get is Life in prison without parole.

Offline Allencraft

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 04:45:24 PM »
So what happened with this POS???? Did he get LWOP or Death???

I certainly hope that it's death. His crimes are beyond words or comprehension.

~ Brenda ~

Offline JeffcoCitizen

• Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 05:49:18 PM »
He got DP.  I think GGBOP posted a link earlier in the post.  Here are a couple more about it.  Guess he should be moved to DP - Texas.  What may have confused some is that the title was that he was released early - which is correct, but that was for another crime.  That's when he committed the murders.

Only 7 Minutes to Convict Murderer

08 Oct 2010
HOUSTON - The crime happened two years ago, but it took a Houston jury only seven minutes to convict Garland Harper in the murder of his ex-girlfriend and her two daughters.

The punishment phase of Harper's trial began on Friday morning after the conviction was handed down on Thursday.

Prosecutors say Harper previously admitted to the murders of his girlfriend, Triska Rose, and her two daughters in October 2008. The daughters were identified as 16-year-old Brianna Roberson and 7-year-old Maya Love.

According to Harris County records, Harper was previously convicted of robbery three times before being released from prison. Just eight months later, he killed the family of three.

The victims were discovered in their townhome on Turtlewood Court by a family friend who came to check on them after the mother didn’t show up for work.

Homicide investigators described the murder scene as "horrific," indicating the family was killed by some kind of sharp instrument. Strangulation may have also come into play as the daughters bodies were found partially bound.

VIDEO at link
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/101008-only-7-minutes-to-convict-murderer

Man sentenced to death for killing woman, her daughters

October 18, 2010
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston jury on Monday sentenced a man who was convicted of killing a woman and her two daughters to death by lethal injection.

Garland Harper was convicted earlier this month of stabbing his girlfriend to death because he believed she was being unfaithful. He then tied up her daughters, 15-year-old Briana Roberson and 7-year-old Maya Love, and strangled them.

Jurors took just five minutes to find Harper guilty of capital murder back on October 7. And today, they decided on lethal injection as his sentence.

Harper's attorney argued he is mentally ill and was delusional during the murders.

VIDEO at link   http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7731225

I checked Texas Department of Criminal Justice and he's there:)

Link to Texas DCJ http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/offendersondrow.htm

Offline texaschickeee

• Resident
  • All Sas and Sarcasm!
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 06:36:29 PM »
He is there and deserves to be . have a guy that knows him (street running buddies) and he said that He is straight crazy. I guess that means he is a little more psycho then the average joe.  ???

He said that the next thing he will do is to start using his mental health issues to get off. I guess you would have to be crazy to  kill a women who stood by you in jail then along with her kids because you thought NOW she was cheating on ya.  :o
‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’

Oscar Wilde

Offline JTiscool

• Fanatic
  • Uses logic to outwit thuglovers, 1 scum at a time.
    • MSN Messenger - jtyugioh@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - hellkaiserjt
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 06:39:00 PM »
Good job but it's a little too late :/
My reason for supporting the death penalty? A murderer has less of a right to live than his victim and already presents a danger while incarcerated for life. They have nothing to lose when the most they can get is Life in prison without parole.