Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on Twitter

Author Topic: Darlie Routier's vaccination coming due and the gurney will be nice and warm!  (Read 19148 times)

Offline nicola

I know this aint gonna be a popular comment - so no need to 'slam' me for it but I dont think Darlie is guilty. Im real uncomfortable with the fact shes on death row as I hate the idea of executing people who are not 100% guilty. If I thought she was 100% guilty, no questions asked, id execute her myself but I jut aint sure on this one. It would be terrible if they executed her and then found out she was innocent with some new technology years later. It will be too late for sorry then.

Offline Michael

• Fanatic
  • Strange things happen.
t´s no problem to have concerns in a case. Yo´ll find a lot fo background information about these case on the board. Also you can tell us your concerns and I´m sure at least one member ( ;)) can provide yo so much facts that ypur doubts will be wipped away.... For you it´ll be a Routier-experience - I had a Davis-experience here on the board.

BTW - welcome to the board.  :-*

Best

Michael
I´m not sure if there´s a hell, but I believe in executed murderers.

Offline vikkiw47

• Fanatic
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - vikkiw47
I think she is guilty as hell and the husband ain't no saint for sure. How in the hell could he sleep through that kind of brutal attack . Something is not right with this picture and it does not take a rocket scientist to figure this one out.
Justice is not about bringing back the dead. It is not about revenge either. Justice is about enforcing consequences for one's own actions to endorse personal responsibility. We cannot expect anyone to take responsibility for their own actions if these consequences are not enforced in full.

Offline 63Wildcat

• Fanatic
  • Don't Tread On Me
Good evening,

I think that just the fact of using the word «vaccination» instead of the exact word, lethal injection, illustrates the uneasyness of everyone in front of the death penalty...Personnaly, I am not fully certain that madame Routier is guilty...

Egres

She's guilty ... so say a jury of her peers... lethal injection is not an uneasy two words for me..nor is execution, hanging, electrocution, beheading, firing squad... shall I continue????

Oh and just to clarify the term "vaccination" I do believe that some of us equate it to being "put down" as in a dog being euthanized....

Oh and I'll add GARROT as well...ummmm if you don't know what it is..look at my pic... then look it up..
"..the death of any public servant or innocent is a tragedy... the death of a murderer is a mere statistic..."  -63Wildcat

AS OF TOMORROW I'M TURNING GRAVITY OFF...

Offline vikkiw47

• Fanatic
Does anyone know if the DNA has come back or if they even tested it again. DNA is the only thing that might could save her ass?
Justice is not about bringing back the dead. It is not about revenge either. Justice is about enforcing consequences for one's own actions to endorse personal responsibility. We cannot expect anyone to take responsibility for their own actions if these consequences are not enforced in full.

Offline Jeff1857

• Fanatic
Nicola, what specifically are your concerns in the case?

Vikki, some testing has been done. The defense has asked for and has been granted some additional testing on certain articles in various courts. Who knows how long this will drag out.  ???

Offline Michael

• Fanatic
  • Strange things happen.
More forensic testing granted in Darlie Lynn Routier child death case

For the second time in five months, convicted child killer Darlie Lynn Routier has been granted the right to more forensic testing of evidence in her effort to prove that an intruder killed her two sons in 1996.

This month, a federal judge granted additional testing of a bloody sock; new forensic testing of a butcher knife presented in the original trial as the murder weapon, as well as new testing of fibers from another knife; and permission to run four fingerprints through a national database.

Darlie Routier His decision, which was signed Nov. 5, piggybacks a state appeals court decision in June to allow her defense team to test some pubic and facial hairs.

"To have two separate courts say, 'Yes, you have valid claims,' obviously it's a big deal, especially for the fingerprints," said Stephen Cooper, one of Mrs. Routier's attorneys. "Everyone has said no [to checking the fingerprints]. We've been trying to get the fingerprints in the FBI database for comparison for 10 years now."

Mrs. Routier, 38, was sentenced to death for the stabbing death of her 5-year-old son, Damon. She also was charged with killing his older brother, Devon, who was 6, but she was not tried in that case. She has long contended that an unidentified intruder killed her boys and then stabbed her in the June 6, 1996, attack in Rowlett.

Dallas County First Assistant District Attorney Terri Moore said prosecutors are confident that Mrs. Routier's conviction and death sentence will stand.

"I'm not afraid of the testing," Ms. Moore said, adding that the defense has to prove there is consistent evidence of an unidentified person who might have been an intruder.

Mrs. Routier's appellate attorneys have been filing requests in both state and federal courts. In state courts, they have asked for post-conviction DNA testing, which was first allowed for Texas prisoners in 2001. On the federal side, her attorneys have asked for a writ of habeas corpus to fight her death penalty conviction.

Even while granting the most recent round of testing, U.S. District Judge Royal Furgeson questioned how some of the items might prove Mrs. Routier's theory of an intruder attack, according to court records.

Even if another person's DNA is found on the bloody sock, that won't necessarily prove that there was an intruder who killed the children, Judge Furgeson wrote in his 18-page ruling.

Judge Furgeson also denied some requests, including testing on a blood-soaked night shirt that Mrs. Routier was wearing that night and a review of previous DNA tests.

[and two pics for Vikki]

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/111908dnmetroutier.3a4387e.html

Offline roo28

• Resident
If that top picture is recent... she sure looks attractive for someone on Death Row  :o
Darin must make sure she gets her make up!!!

Offline Granny B

• Administrator
  • Fanatic
  • I'd like to help U out. Which way did U come in?
Ugly is as ugly does! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
" Closure? Closure is a misused word in the English language.  There is no such thing as closure for the family of a murder victim.  There will never be any closure for the death of our loved ones until we are dead ourselves.  The families have a lifetime sentence of anguish and sadness." 
Susan Levy

Offline vikkiw47

• Fanatic
You are so sweet michael thank you for the pictures. She has changed alot . i still think she is guilty. I like to know the faces im reading about, do not why but i have always been that way. So again thank you Michael. I just wonder if they will post the results of the DNA GOOD BAD OR INDIFFRENT !!!

Offline Michael

• Fanatic
  • Strange things happen.
You´re welcome Vikki.  :-*

It´s a very popular case. I had small doubts about her guilt. I saw some documentations about the case. Like most others I think the father is involved in the crimes too. But why she didn´t blame him? Her situation can´t be worser if she blames him.

I have big problems with the intruder story. Evidence doesen´t support it in my eyes.

Michael

kat_the_rat

Didn't you know everyone in prison as well as on Death Row are innocent Michael NOT ;D ;D, they always try and put the blame on someone else, but I agree with you, I think her husband had something to do with it, how can anyone sleep through there own children and wife screaming, I know I am a heavy sleeper but if my children wake up even from a bad dream I wake up and go and check on them, its all 2 sus to me this case.

Whats gets me is why isn't she saying he had something to do with that night, even if he didn't to clear herself, well only Darlie Routier knows the truth, maybe when she is being strapped to the gaudy she will say what really happened on that night.

She has changed alot since she was imprisoned by the pictures you have put on here Micheal, what I don't like is the smirk on her face, looks like she is thinking, I am going to get away with this, but wasn't she shocked with the outcome of it all, she is now sitting on death row, and she has been on there 2 long if you ask me, she should be where her 2 beautiful sons are, 6 foot under the ground, well here is hoping she will be next year, the earlier the better, that also goes for that biatch Cathy Henderson as well, hopefully we will hear a date for her next year as well...

Kat

Offline Kate

Anyone seen John Holbrooks photos of Darlie Lynn Routier? is she getting a money order each month?  Plzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline Wicket

• Resident
Isn't Darlie Routier Dave Moffat's love muffin now?

Offline Cema77

• Resident
These crazy DR inmates.....................even when the evidence is overwhelmingly NOT in their favor, they still insist on more appeals, testing and God knows what else in order to save them from their almost certain execution and it makes me sick.

I have read about Darlie's case and she seems to be guilty as sin.