Perry Williams - TX - 9/29/15 - Stayed

Started by Jeff1857, June 11, 2008, 05:08:38 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Jeff1857

Williams was denied his Direct Appeal from the TCCA today.

Facts of the Crime:

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/williamsperry.htm

Opinion here:

http://www.cca.courts.state.tx.us/OPINIONS/HTMLOPINIONINFO.ASP?OPINIONID=17012

------------------------------------------------------------------
This one took almost 6 years on direct appeal. He still has a long ways to go.

Denis

May 05, 2010, 12:01:49 PM Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 12:08:48 PM by Denis
Lies , Lies and more Lies

To Whomever this may concern :

Hello world ! My name is Perry E. Williams Jr., and I am a Texas Death Row Prisoner ! The reason why I am writing is in hopes that you could assist me in getting my story heard in this plight to save my life.

Now, world, I am not going to lie no ram I going to beat around the bush. I have to say that I know me being on Death Row is a serious situation to ponder about and you probably have heard stories from numerous people asking for help, but they ask for help by trying a place a veil over you're eyes with lies and deceit, but I am not going to do that, because I'm fighting to save my life. Yes in my life I've done a lot of things that I am not proud of, but that doesn't make me a killer and I don't think I should die for me being in the wrond place, with the wrong people at the wrong time.

And with that being said, at the age of 19, I made gravest mistake of my life, by getting in directly involved with a robbery that cost a man his life. Now, nine years later I find myself sitting on death Row trying to save my life for a murder that I didn't even commit.

I remember it just as if i twas yesterday, when I was arrested for a crime that I was in directly involved in, but I sit on Death row for a crime that I didn't commit. Then being treated unfairly by an unjust system due to your class in society. I was futhermore shown unjust treatment from the time I was arrested to now, and likely beyond if I don't get my story heard.

Particularly Important Facts Surrounding My Case :

1/ Upon Beingarrested I was taken before a line-up for some aggraving case brought up against me, I wasn't picked out. Some 20 months later the victim sat upon the witness stand and positively identified me, wich clearly shows prosecutorial misconduct.

2/ During jury selection I was offered a plea agreement, but once I agreed to sign for it, the same system that offered me this plea agreement took it away, due to my class in society ( rich versus poor ) .

3/ During jury selection againstthis unjustness, a qualified African American juror was inappropriately struck by a preliminary challenge by the prosecution. Wich resulted in my having an all white jury. Showing once again the difference and importance of race and class in society.

4/ During trial the prosecution admitted statements made agains me by both co-defendants and non co-defendants, but I didn't allow me the chance as stated in law to cross-examine them, which is a violation of the cofrontation clause, because the substance of their statements shouldn'tbe held against me.

5/ After being tried, convicted and sentenced to deaht, my problems didn't stop here, because upon me being appointed counsel to handle my appeals process, I was unjustly appointed the wife of one of my trial counsel. And in doing so, it created a conflict of interest claim, because a wife nor a husband is going to file ineffectiveness against their spouse. A lot of important facts were not filed during the important stages of my appeals.

6/ Now world, with that being said, I'm asking you to please assist me in getting my story told, because I don't want to die and all I am asking for is a fair chance. And with that I will close, will remain a fighter always ; and to know more about me or my story you can contact me directly or at the following site.

Sincerely.....

Perry E. Williams Jr.

Grinning Grim Reaper

Texas has given Williams an X date...

On 09/07/2000, in Houston, Texas, Williams fatally shot an adult white male victim.  Williams and 3 co-defendants were riding around when they targeted the victim, who was returning a video.  Williams exited the car and abducted the victim at gunpoint.  Williams shot the victim 1 time in the head resulting in his death.

https://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/death.../dr_scheduled_executions.html
Vengence is mine saith the Lord...who are we to question the instruments used to carry it out?

turboprinz

I apologize for my not perfect English. Hopefully you understand what I mean. If not - ask me. I will try to explain.

time2prtee

July 14, 2015, 11:13:23 PM Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 11:16:50 PM by time2prtee
http://murderpedia.org/male.W/w/williams-perry-eugene.htm

A. The Crime Spree
The offense for which appellant was convicted occurred during the middle of a crime spree. The State presented no evidence that appellant had engaged in any violent conduct before the crime spree began.

On September 9, 2000, appellant was driving in his car with a female friend, Kinita Starr Butler, who had a handgun. Upon seeing Lolita Cherry and Nicole Green walking down the street, appellant drove by and parked a short distance in front of them.

Appellant got out of his car, grabbed Cherry, placed the handgun to her head, and demanded her purse. After getting the purse, Butler searched through it and told appellant, "This bitch don't got no money." Appellant turned Cherry around to face him and shot her in the breast.

Appellant then jumped into his car and drove away. Cherry was taken to the hospital, where the wound was determined to be "superficial." The bullet had entered and exited her breast and was not recovered. Cherry was permitted to leave the hospital the next morning.

During his testimony at the punishment phase of trial, appellant claimed that his shooting was intended only to scare Cherry, not to hit her, and that he did not realize at the time that she had actually been shot.

On September 17, 2000, appellant, his cousin James Dunn, Jr., and Butler were driving around in appellant's car and picked up Corey Phillips. Butler had again brought her handgun, and the group proceeded to carry out four robberies that evening.

First, they approached Anthony Gonzales in a Kroger parking lot. Appellant pointed the handgun at Gonzales's face and said, "Give me your car." Because Gonzales's car had a stick shift, appellant could not drive it and point the gun at Gonzales at the same time, so he ordered Gonzales to drive the car while he held the gun to Gonzales's ribs.

Appellant took Gonzales's wallet and yanked two chains from his neck. Appellant also took Gonzales's ATM card and demanded the PIN number. Appellant kept Gonzales's driver's license in case Gonzales ever reported the robbery and they needed "somebody" to "take care of it."

Appellant testified that this was done at Phillips's instruction. The group drove to an ATM machine, and appellant tried to use the ATM card to withdraw money, but the PIN number did not work. Appellant testified that Dunn urged him to try again, but appellant's efforts were not successful.

The group next approached Matthew Carter, the victim in this case. Carter had visited his girlfriend and fellow medical student, Maryam Saifi, to help her with a class project. Carter left Saifi's home around 11:00 p.m. to return a rented video to Blockbuster. The group drove into the Blockbuster parking lot and saw Carter returning to his car after returning the videotape.

According to appellant's testimony at trial, Dunn was supposed to take the handgun and rob Carter as part of an initiation into an affiliate of the Crips gang, but Dunn "froze up."  Phillips then handed appellant the gun and told him to "go get em."

According to his testimony at trial, appellant "took the gun and took over." Appellant forced Carter at gunpoint into the passenger seat of Carter's car, and appellant got into the driver's seat. They then followed Phillips, who was driving appellant's vehicle. Carter told appellant numerous times that he had an ATM card that appellant could "max out," and he pleaded with appellant not to hurt him.

Nevertheless, after parking the car, appellant shot Carter in the head from close range. According to appellant's confession, Carter hit appellant and the gun fired. Forty dollars was taken out of Carter's wallet and distributed evenly among the four members of the group.

About an hour later, the group committed two more robberies. In the first of these robberies, Tomas Kooh and Ricardo Rubio were at a gas station when appellant and his companions drove up. Phillips pointed the handgun at both men and demanded their wallets. After Phillips took their wallets, appellant "burned off and got on the freeway."

In the other robbery, Phillips approached Franklin Jackson, who had left the door of his motel room open after unloading his truck. As Jackson turned to close the door, Phillips pointed a gun at him and told him to get back. Jackson slammed the door as Phillips attempted to force his way in and a shot was fired as a result, causing a minor wound to Jackson's hand. Appellant was also the driver of the car in this robbery.
"Indeed, the decision that capital punishment may be the appropriate sanction in extreme cases is an expression of the community's belief that certain crimes are themselves so grievous an affront to humanity that the only adequate response may be the penalty of death."  SCOTUS

Peace and Comfort to all Victims and Families

Grinning Grim Reaper

Execution for Houston convicted killer postponed

The Harris County District Attorney's Office Wednesday postponed a scheduled Sept. 29 execution for Houston convicted killer Perry Eugene Williams to allow a federal judge time to appoint an appellate lawyer in the case.

Williams, 34, was sentenced to die for the September 2000 killing of Matthew Carter, who was abducted from the parking lot of a video rental store.

After forcing Carter into his own vehicle, Murphy and three accomplices drove around the area. When Carter attempted to escape, Murphy shot him in the head, officials said.

www.justhoustonnews.com
Vengence is mine saith the Lord...who are we to question the instruments used to carry it out?

Grinning Grim Reaper

Texas put Williams back on the hot shot list today...

www.tdcj.state.tx.us/death_row/dr_scheduled_executions.html

Grinning Grim Reaper

Hello TIME...when you get a chance can you move this POS back out front?

Thanks,

GGR  8)

turboprinz

please move back ;-)
I apologize for my not perfect English. Hopefully you understand what I mean. If not - ask me. I will try to explain.

Grinning Grim Reaper

Drug testing delays execution for Houston killer

The scheduled July 14 execution of a Houston man convicted of abducting and killing a Texas Medical Center student was delayed indefinitely on Wednesday, after state officials failed to meet a deadline for testing the purity of the lethal drugs.

The case marked the first time a Texas execution has been delayed for that reason, officials said.

Jason Clark, a spokesman for the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, said while the state has enough drugs to carry out all seven executions scheduled through October, Perry Eugene Williams' execution was delayed because the agency could not test the drugs to be used.

Prison officials said the delay was ordered by a Houston court after they alerted it the testing could not be completed on time.

No further details were given.

Officials said the testing of the dose to be used to execute Williams was agreed to by Texas in June, when U.S. District Judge Lynn Hughes of Houston dismissed a suit filed by Williams and Thomas Whitaker, another death chamber-bound convict from Houston, who challenged the state's execution process.

Maurie Levin, an attorney representing Williams, said she was puzzled by the state's inability to get the drugs tested in time.

"It's a mystery to me how they could not meet the deadline, because no further explanation has been given," she said. "But the bottom line is, this is the problem with the secrecy of the process of executions."

www.chron.com

Go Up