Henry Watkins "Hank" Skinner - TX - 11/09/2011

Started by Jeff1857, May 15, 2008, 06:26:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

kubsch1

I am always saddened when I hear the "drugs made me do it" defense because it may be true. but it just as easily happen again.  Drugs are bad business just as guns knives, and large rocks can be.  If you misuse them you suffer the consequences not every innocent person you meet!  Enjoy your next high compliments of the state. :( :( :( :P

vikkiw47

me to Kub!! it is sad. well said !!
Justice is not about bringing back the dead. It is not about revenge either. Justice is about enforcing consequences for one's own actions to endorse personal responsibility. We cannot expect anyone to take responsibility for their own actions if these consequences are not enforced in full.

tpgisgay

Execution date set per Halperin. February 24, 2010 will be a day when the air is a little bit cleaner everywhere.

ScoopD (aka: Pam)

an execution date has been set for Hank Skinner for February 24, 2010. TDCJ #999143

Henry Watkins "Hank" Skinner (born April 4, 1962) was convicted of bludgeoning to death his live-in girlfriend, Twila Busby, and stabbing to death her two mentally impaired sons, Randy Busby and Scooter Caler. The murders occurred on December 31, 1993 at 801 East Campbell Avenue in Pampa, Texas. Skinner was convicted of the murders on March 18, 1994, and sentenced to death on March 23, 1995.
<br /><br />If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine<br /><br />My reason for supporting capital punishment: My cousin 16 yr. old Amanda Greenwell was murdered in March of 2004 at the hands of serial killer Jeremy Bryan Jones.

ScoopD (aka: Pam)

Hank Skinner is one I will be happy to see get his anti-crime vaccine. This guy is another one of those cry babies who complain about every little thing and of course the officers of TDCJ are all out to get him unfairly. He has a website http://www.hankskinner.org/ where he bitches and moans about his mistreatment. I am curious to know how many jail cases he has received during his time on the row, he seems like a real troublemaker there.
<br /><br />If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine<br /><br />My reason for supporting capital punishment: My cousin 16 yr. old Amanda Greenwell was murdered in March of 2004 at the hands of serial killer Jeremy Bryan Jones.

Granny B

A woman works here in my office with me, who lived in Pampa at the time of the murders.  She knew Twila Busby and her children and had met this scumbag.  She has told me he was a real loser even then.  We can't wait for this one to go.  We will be celebrating his ex with cartwheels and margaritas.
" Closure? Closure is a misused word in the English language.  There is no such thing as closure for the family of a murder victim.  There will never be any closure for the death of our loved ones until we are dead ourselves.  The families have a lifetime sentence of anguish and sadness." 
Susan Levy

vikkiw47

i am so sick of this cry baby , just the mention of his name makes me want to hurl !! i do not know who that is on the puke site that keeps posting his rants and raves about how unfair the system is and how badly he is being treated,and how everything is someone else fault , he has not done a dam thing, the guards make him act the way he does. But this person who ever she or he is needs a swift kick in the butt!!! what in the heck are they thinking????? I'm so sick of reading how he did not kill anyone it was someone else, yada yada yada yada !!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( he has 16 threads on this dam subject. They are even numbered for god sakes.
Justice is not about bringing back the dead. It is not about revenge either. Justice is about enforcing consequences for one's own actions to endorse personal responsibility. We cannot expect anyone to take responsibility for their own actions if these consequences are not enforced in full.

tpgisgay

i am so sick of this cry baby , just the mention of his name makes me want to hurl !! i do not know who that is on the puke site that keeps posting his rants and raves about how unfair the system is and how badly he is being treated,and how everything is someone else fault , he has not done a dam thing, the guards make him act the way he does. But this person who ever she or he is needs a swift kick in the butt!!! what in the heck are they thinking????? I'm so sick of reading how he did not kill anyone it was someone else, yada yada yada yada !!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( he has 16 threads on this dam subject. They are even numbered for god sakes.

Now the race is on to get the travel visa, money for the flight, and other things in order so she can get to the U.S., pose for pictures with the deceased body, and take his ashes back to the UK...kind of like a REALLY screwed up version of "Keeping up with the Jones'". I forgot a part...blog about everything to "show up" the lowly thughuggers who have not done this yet.

;D

germanintexas

i am so sick of this cry baby ...

You have to admit, it is extremely entertaining though. Have you ever noticed how no one comments on his rants? Could it be that even the DR groupies are tired of his endless blabbering?  ;D

vikkiw47

Don't believe that German !!! They love this crap or it would not get posted.It  boggles the mind.Im ready for him to go.

Aussie4DR

Hank Skinner is one I will be happy to see get his anti-crime vaccine. This guy is another one of those cry babies who complain about every little thing and of course the officers of TDCJ are all out to get him unfairly. He has a website http://www.hankskinner.org/ where he bitches and moans about his mistreatment. I am curious to know how many jail cases he has received during his time on the row, he seems like a real troublemaker there.

I just took a quick tour of this guys complaint site. Man oh man... he has way too much time on his hands.
He's a convicted multiple murderer, yet he complains about trivial things all the while seemingly oblivious as to why he is there.
Do yourself a favour... I recommend you don't bother yourself with this guys site. Life is just too short.
Thanks for your time
And you can thank me for mine
And after that's said
Forget it.

john

This guy is one of PTO's favourites, you probably guess that the BS has started already.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5033439#post5033439

Somebody pass me a sick bag.

Anne

http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1202436180548&Death_Row_Inmate_Sues_Prosecutor_Seeks_DNA_Test

Death Row Inmate Sues Prosecutor, Seeks DNA Test

Mary Alice Robbins

Texas Lawyer

December 10, 2009

A Texas death row inmate facing execution next year has sued a Panhandle prosecutor, alleging she is denying him access to DNA evidence that has never been tested and could prove he is innocent of murdering three people in 1993.

Henry Watkins Skinner alleges in his original complaint in Skinner v. Switzer that the refusal by Lynn Switzer, district attorney for the 31st and 223rd Judicial Districts, to release the biological evidence for testing violates Skinner's 14th Amendment right to due process and his Eighth Amendment right to be free from cruel and unusual punishment. Skinner sued Switzer on Nov. 27 in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas in Amarillo.

In the complaint, Skinner asks the court to declare that continued withholding of the DNA evidence violates his constitutional rights. He seeks an injunction requiring Switzer to release certain biological evidence to him -- including vaginal swabs and fingernail clippings from the female victim, any biological material on two knives found at the murder scene, and blood and hairs on a jacket found next to the female victim's body -- so Skinner can test it at his own expense.

University of Texas School of Law clinical professor Rob Owen, Skinner's lead counsel, says Skinner needs to have the evidence tested to file a meaningful application for clemency.

"I think if the testing is allowed, it will give rise to a new habeas claim in the state courts," says Owen, co-director of the UT law school's capital punishment clinic.

As an example, Owen points out that testing of the vaginal swabs from the female victim's rape kit might show that another person besides Skinner had sexual contact with her.

Switzer, DA since February 2005, did not return two telephone calls seeking comment before press time Dec. 3.

REQUEST DENIED

As alleged in the complaint, the following is the procedural background in Skinner's case: A 31st District Court jury convicted Skinner of capital murder in 1995 in connection with the deaths of his girlfriend Twila Busby and her two sons, Elwin Caler and Randy Busby. In 1997 the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals upheld the conviction and death sentence in Skinner v. State. Skinner initiated state habeas corpus proceedings in 1998, but his efforts to obtain post-conviction relief were ultimately dismissed on procedural grounds.

In 1999, Skinner filed a petition for writ of habeas corpus with the U.S. District Court in Amarillo. The federal court denied the petition in Skinner v. Quarterman in 2007. In 2008, the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals granted Skinner a certificate of appealability on two issues relating to his claim that he was denied effective assistance of counsel in the guilt phase of his trial but, after receiving additional briefing, the 5th Circuit affirmed the U.S. District Court's denial of the writ on July 14.

The 31st District Court entered an order on Oct. 20 setting Skinner's execution date for Feb. 24, 2010.

On Nov. 25, Skinner filed a petition for writ of certiorari with the U.S. Supreme Court. A ruling on that petition is pending.

Skinner alleges in his complaint that evidence presented at his 1995 trial showed Twila Busby was strangled and beaten with an ax handle found at the scene, her sons received multiple stab wounds and Skinner suffered a cut to his hand around the time of the murders. While police found blood stains and other biological evidence throughout the house where the murders occurred, the state sought DNA testing on only four items prior to the trial. Skinner alleges in the complaint that no evidence presented at trial proved conclusively that he committed the murders and that his conviction was based primarily on the fact that he was in the house at the time of the murders, had two victims' blood on his clothes and supposedly told a neighbor that he might have "kicked" Twila Busby to death.

In his complaint, Skinner alleges the following regarding his efforts to obtain DNA testing: In 2000, John Mann, then-DA for the 31st and 223rd Judicial Districts, had a private laboratory in Dallas test certain items found at the crime scene but declined a request by Skinner's counsel to participate in the testing on a joint basis. Richard Roach, Mann's successor, also declined Skinner's request to participate in voluntary testing of the evidence.

The lab submitted four reports to the district attorney on its results between Aug. 24, 2000, and Feb. 6, 2001 -- the fourth after Mann left office.

In 2001, the Texas Legislature amended Article 64 of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure to provide inmates a way to obtain post-conviction DNA testing. Shortly after the statute took effect in October 2001, Skinner filed a motion with the 31st District Court to request such testing, but the court denied his motion. In December 2003's Skinner v. State, the CCA affirmed the district court on the ground that Skinner failed to satisfy Code of Criminal Procedure Article 64.03(a)(2)(A)'s requirement that a convict establish by a preponderance of the evidence the reasonable probability that he would not have been prosecuted or convicted if the DNA evidence had been tested. Skinner also sought to obtain DNA testing in connection with his federal habeas corpus writ petition, which the federal court denied in February 2007. In July 2007, Skinner filed a second motion for DNA testing with the 31st District Court, which again denied the motion.

On Sept. 23, according to the CCA's opinion that day, the CCA affirmed the district court on the ground that Skinner failed to meet Code of Criminal Procedure Article 64.01(b)(1)(B)'s requirement that a convicted person who requests testing that was available at the time of trial show it was not his fault the testing was not done. State and federal district courts have found that "defense counsel had a reasonable trial strategy for not requesting testing of the untested items," wrote CCA Presiding Judge Sharon Keller for the majority. The CCA concluded that "in the unusual case, the interests of justice do not require testing when defense counsel has already declined to request testing as a matter of reasonable trial strategy."

Skinner alleges in his complaint that as a result of the CCA's decisions, Switzer continues to refuse to make the DNA evidence available to him for testing, "thereby preventing him from gaining access to exculpatory evidence that could demonstrate he is not guilty of capital murder."

But First Assistant State Prosecuting Attorney Lisa McMinn, who is not involved in Skinner v. Switzer, says it is difficult for an inmate to say he has a right to have DNA evidence tested if he cannot show it would be helpful to him. If a court ruled that an inmate has such a right without showing the evidence would help him, "it would be opening the floodgates to every inmate who requests testing," McMinn says.

Williamson County District Attorney John Bradley, who also is not involved in Skinner v. Switzer, says the issue is whether a convicted person's request to test DNA fits within the requirements that the Legislature set for allowing such testing. Among other things, the statute requires a convicted person to show he did not already make a decision to bypass testing.

Bradley says an individual cannot decide against testing prior to trial and later request testing because he believes he might get lucky. "For obvious reasons, we don't go back and redo things," he says.

Anne

ICE75

OK, Scoop...you had to put the link in there!  So I went and checked out ole' Hank's site.  Wow...he is constantly picked on!  Pretty funny stuff, actually.  It is kinda funny that he is originally from Virginia and then moved to Texas.  Those are two states in the Republic that you really DON'T want to murder people in!!

Anyway, I read his Lethal Injection Conundrum article.  Very interesting.  I can't say that I agree with him.  The one Death Penalty that I have viewed was lethal injection and some of what he says does not jibe.  I am sure that he would dispute this and actually said so at the end of the article, but in the one that I saw, after the process started (three drug cocktail) the subject more or less appeared to be sleeping.  In fact, after being asked about last words and declining, the condemned closed his eyes and never opened them again.  I actually almost missed the entire thing because I got the instructions mixed up when they gave them to us before we entered the death house.  I THOUGHT that after asking the condemned for last words that the Warden was going to step in and read the Death Warrant one last time and I was waiting for that to occur.  I didn't see the tubes jiggling like I was told I would and only when I saw the subject's chest heaving up and down several times (no more than you would expect than from someone who asleep and dreaming)  I realized that they were sticking the goods to him RIGHT THEN!!  Within a very few minutes, the movement stopped and death was pronounced.

That was how peaceful it was.  Now, Skinner alledges that at the point of sleeping that the subject is conscious and feeling torturous pain...it just didn't seem that way to me.  It was so peaceful, I almost missed it!

I will have to respectfully disagree with Mr. Skinner's hypothesis.  Just thought I'd throw that in there.

ICE75
ICE75

"The Declaration of Independence only guarantees the American People the right to pursue happiness.  You have to catch it yourself!"   Benjamin Franklin

JT

Now the race is on to get the travel visa, money for the flight, and other things in order so she can get to the U.S., pose for pictures with the deceased body, and take his ashes back to the UK...

The United Kingdom is part of the federal government's Visa Waiver Program.  British citizens don't need to apply for a visa in order to enter the United States, and likewise Americans can travel to Britain (for 90 days at a time) without requiring a visa.

Just some helpful travel advice... ;)
JT's Ridiculous Quote of the Century:
"I'm disgusted with the State for even putting me in this position."
-- Reginald Blanton, Texas death row.  As of October 27, 2009, Reggie's position has been in a coffin.

Go Up