Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on Twitter

Author Topic: Georgia Mom Kills Her 2 Young Children in Convenience Store Restroom  (Read 2746 times)

Offline Jeff1857

• Fanatic
AUGUSTA, Ga. — A 22-year-old woman fatally stabbed her two young children in a convenience store bathroom Thursday, police said.

A worker at Food Mart told police she saw Jeanette Michelle Hawes enter the restroom Thursday afternoon with the two children, a boy and girl, and then heard a scream, Richmond County Sheriff Ronnie Strength said.

The worker called 911, and when deputies arrived they forced the door open and found Hawes on the floor, holding a steak knife and covered in the children's blood, Strength said.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
They should have just shot her while she was holding the knife.  ???
Gosh, people are getting sicker <not mental> every day.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Jordon Hawes, 1, and Shakayla Hawes, 3, were pronounced dead upon arrival at the Medical College of Georgia Hospital. Both died of stab wounds to the chest, Chief Deputy Coroner Mark Bowen said.

Hawes was charged with two counts of murder and with possession of a knife during the commission of a crime. She was being held at the Richmond County jail.

Jail officials said they did not know whether Hawes had an attorney. A message seeking comment left late Thursday at the Richmond County Sheriff's Office wasn't immediately returned.

Store clerk Amanda Thomas said Hawes was a regular customer.

"Michelle went to the bathroom, and I heard the children crying," Thomas told WAGT-TV.

A moment later, Thomas said, "I heard a different sound that didn't sound right. I went back there to get the door opened and I couldn't get it opened and I didn't hear anything."

tramoore

Re: Georgia Mom Kills Her 2 Young Children in Convenience Store Restroom
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 11:43:50 AM »
Here is a little bit more on this horrifying case.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thomas and two other customers in the store said they weren't sure what to do when they heard the screaming, the television station said.

She said Hawes was a regular customer and seemed different when she entered the store Thursday.

"I felt something wasn't right about her. I had no idea she did anything to those kids," Thomsas said.

As police led her out, Thomas said Hawes appeared detatched.

"She wasn't crying. she didn't show any emotion," she said.

A witness, Sheila Langston, said she saw one of the children being removed in a bag.

`The mother didn't have any remorse. She wasn't crying, nothing," Langston said.

Offline Granny B

• Administrator
  • Fanatic
  • I'd like to help U out. Which way did U come in?
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 12:48:13 PM »
Jeanette Hawes Faces Years in Mental Hospital
By Randy Key
Published: January 8, 2009

Jeanette Michelle Hawes will likely spend years in a mental hospital. MCGHealth forensic psychiatrist Carmen Nichita says, in cases like this one, it is highly unlikey a person found to be insane would be released in a short period of time. Hawes stabbed her two children to death in November of 2007. Count on WJBF News Channel 6’s Renita Crawford for the details.

(Augusta) - Jeanette Michelle Hawes’ future is now in the hands of Judge Carlisle Overstreet. He will decide in 30 days if she will be released or committed indefinitely to a mental hospital.

MCGHealth forensic psychiatrist Carmen Nichita says in cases like this one a team of doctors will evaluate Hawes and give her medication to treat her mental illness.

Dr. Carmen Nichita, MCGHealth forensic psychologist: “During this time she would be evaluated for symptoms of mental illness how she responds to treatment, if she agrees to.”

Even if Hawes responds well to treatment and her evaluation is favorable, it’s unlikely she will get out.

Dr. Nichita: “The likelihood of somebody getting out of the first review is very, very slim. Usually if they have a mental illness and display symptoms even though they are well controlled with medications they still need more assessment. They still need dangerousness assessment and most of the time they don’t get released after 30 days.”

Doctors testified that Hawes was paranoid and delusional, hearing voices that told her to stab her children.

Hawes will have a structured stay during her time in a mental hospital. She will be a part of group activities, receive medication and visits from family.

Dr. Nichita: “Most of the time, they spend 5, 10, 15 years in the hospital after they are released to a step down program, where they get into group home and they get supervised visits and psychiatric care.”

http://www2.wjbf.com/jbf/news/crime/article/hawes_faces_years_in_mental_hospital/9948/
" Closure? Closure is a misused word in the English language.  There is no such thing as closure for the family of a murder victim.  There will never be any closure for the death of our loved ones until we are dead ourselves.  The families have a lifetime sentence of anguish and sadness." 
Susan Levy

Offline Granny B

• Administrator
  • Fanatic
  • I'd like to help U out. Which way did U come in?
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 12:50:58 PM »
Jeanette Hawes Due Back In Court Next Month

By Damon Putzier
Published: July 8, 2009

The woman who killed her two children in a gas station bathroom, a year and a half ago, is due back in court next month. Jeanette Michelle Hawes has a hearing set for August 3rd.

Augusta, GA—The woman who killed her two children in a gas station bathroom, a year and a half ago, is due back in court next month.

Jeanette Michelle Hawes has a hearing set for August 3rd.

This hearing is supposed to be a review of her mental health.

Back in January, Judge Carlisle Overstreet found Hawes ‘not guilty by reason of insanity’.
http://www2.wjbf.com/jbf/news/crime/article/jeanette_hawes_due_back_in_court_next_month/16917/
" Closure? Closure is a misused word in the English language.  There is no such thing as closure for the family of a murder victim.  There will never be any closure for the death of our loved ones until we are dead ourselves.  The families have a lifetime sentence of anguish and sadness." 
Susan Levy

Offline vikkiw47

• Fanatic
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - vikkiw47
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 04:09:21 PM »
Surly she will never get out !!! I hope from hospital to prison
Justice is not about bringing back the dead. It is not about revenge either. Justice is about enforcing consequences for one's own actions to endorse personal responsibility. We cannot expect anyone to take responsibility for their own actions if these consequences are not enforced in full.

Offline Aussie4DR

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 10:39:51 AM »
Bitch!
She should be sitting on DR.

In those photos, she looks only to be upset at what is happening to her.
Another one gets away with murder, double murder, child murder.
Thanks for your time
And you can thank me for mine
And after that's said
Forget it.

Offline vikkiw47

• Fanatic
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - vikkiw47
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 03:08:26 PM »
I agree with you that is right where she should be !! It is good to see you Aussie
Justice is not about bringing back the dead. It is not about revenge either. Justice is about enforcing consequences for one's own actions to endorse personal responsibility. We cannot expect anyone to take responsibility for their own actions if these consequences are not enforced in full.

Offline kubsch1

• Resident
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Jinx
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 08:18:40 PM »
Too baD MURDERERS ARE SIMPLY SHOT OR HUNG WITHOUT ALL THIS MENTAL CRAP OR i WAS MISTREATED WHEN I WAS A CHILD!  CRAP! CRAP! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

heidi salazar

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 09:35:50 PM »
Georgia's Mental Health Care System is probably the worst in the nation!! Jeanette Hawes is a victim of this system.

http://bulletin.aarp.org/states/ga/2009/25/articles/unstable_mental_patients_freed_by_flawed_system.html

Honestly..sometimes...people are REALLY crazy!