Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on Twitter

Author Topic: Lisa Montgomery Sentenced to Death for Cutting Baby from Womb in Fed DP Trial  (Read 11638 times)

Offline Granny B

• Administrator
  • Fanatic
  • I'd like to help U out. Which way did U come in?
Ouch my eyes my eyes ......Oh what a horrible sight to see .  LOL  When reading about cases like this ,it is hard to maintain my anti death penalty stance .

Awww, c'mon Lady!  Give over in this one case.  You know she deserves the dp for what she did. :-*
" Closure? Closure is a misused word in the English language.  There is no such thing as closure for the family of a murder victim.  There will never be any closure for the death of our loved ones until we are dead ourselves.  The families have a lifetime sentence of anguish and sadness." 
Susan Levy

Offline Michigal

• Resident
I'm going to wait for the day she tries to file an appeal because they can't execute a pregnant woman...   :o  ;D
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says..."Oh crap...she's awake!!!"

I have not met all of the innocent children murdered but I have wept for them. I have not seen all of the monsters but I know they are there.

Offline time2prtee

• Administrator
  • Fanatic
  • If you ignore it HOPEFULLY it will go away ;-)
I'm going to wait for the day she tries to file an appeal because they can't execute a pregnant woman...   :o  ;D

Ouch my eyes my eyes ......Oh what a horrible sight to see .  LOL  When reading about cases like this ,it is hard to maintain my anti death penalty stance .

Who on earth would want to get that one pregnant.  EEEWWWW!
"Indeed, the decision that capital punishment may be the appropriate sanction in extreme cases is an expression of the community's belief that certain crimes are themselves so grievous an affront to humanity that the only adequate response may be the penalty of death."  SCOTUS

Peace and Comfort to all Victims and Families

Offline Monica Lewinsky

• Resident
Who on earth would want to get that one pregnant.  EEEWWWW!

I have have seen one baggers [put a paper bag over her face],

I have seen Two Baggers - one for you and one for her,

and at times a Three-some bagger - one on her face and two on yours - in case a bag falls off the other one saves you - but man four bags are simply not enough.

I would rather lead a life of abstinence i.e. useless eliminate her from the gene pool.

I'm not a gynecologist   ...   but I'll take a look for you!

Offline Kitten Resq

• Administrator
  • Fanatic
This is what we call coyote ugly - So ugly that when you wake up next to her in the morning, you chew off your own arm so you don't wake her up trying to pull it out from under her.
Some people say I’m a horrible person, but it’s not true!  I have the heart of an innocent girl….in a jar, on my desk

Victims have a dignitary interest in justice and vindication without interminable delay caused by guilty prisoners’ attempts to stave off punishment.

Offline Lady

• Resident

Awww, c'mon Lady!  Give over in this one case.  You know she deserves the dp for what she did. :-*

What would that say about me ? If I agree she should be executed, but yet my brother shouldn't . That's a slippery slope that I dont want to slide down . I understand some crimes are considered more heinous ,but if I started picking and choosing which murders are worse than others  I would be a hypocrite .  I do not believe the worse of the worst necessarily gets sentenced to death and to me that is wrong . If society is going to have the sentence of death then all first degree murderers should get death and they don't . Since they don't all get death ,  it reeks of picking and choosing which crime is deemed as the most heinous . That to me is disrespectful to not only the victims of crime, but also their loved ones who are left behind..How would you feel if you was told that your mother ,father, son,daughter or grandchild's death wasn't important enough to seek the DP for their murderer ?That is basically what the courts are saying when they pick and choose who gets tried with death penalty specs . I know a woman that so badly believed her son killer should of been given the DP , but he wasn't .

I believe all murders are equally  heinous and all should be punished the same ,and they are not  . Think of it this way ,if you have defendant A who commits a robbery  and murder for drugs and defendant B who commits the same crime and defendant A gets death but defendant B doesn't , does that mean the victim of defendant A was more important than defendant B victim ? These are the questions I debate in my own head everytime I think about my stand on the DP .

I hope this makes some kind of sense because to me the DP should be one of those decisions that is clear but yet the courts and the criminals makes it all murky .
Until u walk a mile in my Hillbilly shoes ..step the f**k back . Quote by Me
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. ~Abraham Lincoln
If u have a problem ,take it up with my @ss, cause it is the only thing that gives a shyt . Peter Griffith Family Guy

Offline Michigal

• Resident

What would that say about me ? If I agree she should be executed, but yet my brother shouldn't . That's a slippery slope that I dont want to slide down . I understand some crimes are considered more heinous ,but if I started picking and choosing which murders are worse than others  I would be a hypocrite .  I do not believe the worse of the worst necessarily gets sentenced to death and to me that is wrong . If society is going to have the sentence of death then all first degree murderers should get death and they don't . Since they don't all get death ,  it reeks of picking and choosing which crime is deemed as the most heinous . That to me is disrespectful to not only the victims of crime, but also their loved ones who are left behind..How would you feel if you was told that your mother ,father, son,daughter or grandchild's death wasn't important enough to seek the DP for their murderer ?That is basically what the courts are saying when they pick and choose who gets tried with death penalty specs . I know a woman that so badly believed her son killer should of been given the DP , but he wasn't .

I believe all murders are equally  heinous and all should be punished the same ,and they are not  . Think of it this way ,if you have defendant A who commits a robbery  and murder for drugs and defendant B who commits the same crime and defendant A gets death but defendant B doesn't , does that mean the victim of defendant A was more important than defendant B victim ? These are the questions I debate in my own head everytime I think about my stand on the DP .

I hope this makes some kind of sense because to me the DP should be one of those decisions that is clear but yet the courts and the criminals makes it all murky .

While I do support the death penalty and think that this woman more than deserves it, I can really respect that answer Lady. Very well said. You have once again proven how an intillegent ANTI can be a well respected member of the pro forums and how it is possible to fully respect an opinion that is different from your own. Thank you.
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says..."Oh crap...she's awake!!!"

I have not met all of the innocent children murdered but I have wept for them. I have not seen all of the monsters but I know they are there.

Offline Russki

• Fanatic
  • Российская Федерация
"I believe all murders are equally  heinous and all should be punished the same ,and they are not  . Think of it this way ,if you have defendant A who commits a robbery  and murder for drugs and defendant B who commits the same crime and defendant A gets death but defendant B doesn't , does that mean the victim of defendant A was more important than defendant B victim ? These are the questions I debate in my own head everytime I think about my stand on the DP . "

I have to say that I find this particular point one of the major flaws in the application of the DP in the USA too.

In my mind, it does not mean one has to abolish the DP..... just make it fairer.
Frenchy
Bombs do not choose. They will hit everything   ... Nikita Khrushchev

I once said, "We will bury you," and I got into trouble with it. Of course we will not bury you with a shovel. Your own working class will bury you.  ... Nikita Khrushchev

Offline turboprinz

• Fanatic
March 19, 2012
Petition for writ of certiorari to the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit denied.
http://www.leagle.com/decision/In%20SCO%2020120319A55
I apologize for my not perfect English. Hopefully you understand what I mean. If not - ask me. I will try to explain.