Jack Harold Jones Jr. - Arkansas - 12/14/15 - Stayed

Started by Jeff1857, August 22, 2007, 02:02:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Anne

http://www.wxvt.com/Global/story.asp?S=12482362

Prison official says Ark. inmate knew of execution

Associated Press - May 14, 2010 10:44 AM ET

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - A prison spokeswoman says a death row inmate learned of an order mistakenly issued by the Arkansas Supreme Court that allowed state officials to proceed with his execution before that order was withdrawn by the high court.

Prison spokeswoman Dina Tyler said Friday that prison staffers also were told of the order, and began making preparations for the execution of Jack Jones Jr., convicted of killing a Bald Knob bookkeeper in 1995. But she said staff did not deal with Jones in those preparations, because any execution would have been several weeks away.

The order allowing Jones to be put to death was issued Thursday morning, but replaced during the afternoon with a corrected order staying the execution, as Jones' lawyer had requested.

Court officials provided no explanation of how the mistake occurred.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.

Anne

Mastodon

We all knew this was coming.

Arkansas = FUBAR

Jeff1857

Jones was Denied Cert by the Supremes in today's Orders/Opinions.

v1976ra

Jones was Denied Cert by the Supremes in today's Orders/Opinions.

Good news. Now hope Arkansas can get the ball rolling and rid the world of this sick POS...

deb1ryan

Jack Jones Jr murdered my friend Lori Barrett in Florida. He then left and went to Arkansas and murdered a woman in her office and tried to murder her daughter. He can never get out, ever. If they don't execute him, they need to lock him up and throw away the key. The execution he is facing will be a much more compassionate way than what he did to these women and that poor child. Isn't it funny what happens when the tables are turned????

v1976ra

Jack Jones Jr murdered my friend Lori Barrett in Florida. He then left and went to Arkansas and murdered a woman in her office and tried to murder her daughter. He can never get out, ever. If they don't execute him, they need to lock him up and throw away the key. The execution he is facing will be a much more compassionate way than what he did to these women and that poor child. Isn't it funny what happens when the tables are turned????

Hi deb1ryan, and welcome to the board. Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.  :-*

Jack Jones Jr. is a worthless POS. He's on my personal "s-list" of offenders who I'd really, really like to see executed. For me, just leaving him locked up is not good enough. He deserves to die for his crimes. Anything less and justice is not truly served. 

I hate the way Arkansas has handled the DP as of late. There have been so many idiotic rulings, granting of stays based on Constitutional challenges, or stays with little or no explanation at all, etc. Still I'm hoping that Jones gets whats coming to him soon. All I can say is that it will be a good day when he is finally executed.  :(

Anne

Sorry for this late intervention but...welcome to this site deb1ryan :-*

I am also sorry for all this sad tragedy :-[

I pray for this : the last day in earth of this bastard >:(

One day, Justice will be serve for your friend and the others victims :(

Anne

Grinning Grim Reaper

The other executions are set for November 3, December 14 and January 14 of 2016.
Vengence is mine saith the Lord...who are we to question the instruments used to carry it out?

madgenealogist

My sincere condolences concerning the loss of your friend.  I hope justice is carried out soon.

Grinning Grim Reaper

The Latest: Arkansas inmates' executions set for April

Associated Press

February 27, 2017 -- 2:30pm

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- Arkansas' governor has scheduled eight executions over four days in April.

Gov. Asa Hutchinson signed proclamations on Monday to schedule executions for the eight death row inmates starting on April 17.

Jack Harold Jones is scheduled for execution on April 24.

Hutchinson set the dates just days after the state's attorney general told him the inmates had exhausted their appeals.

The state lacks one of the three drugs needed to put the men to death, but Hutchinson's office said it's confident the state will find a new supply.

Arkansas hasn't executed a death row inmate since 2005.

www.minneapolisstar.com
Vengence is mine saith the Lord...who are we to question the instruments used to carry it out?

Go Up