Ivan Teleguz - VA - 4/13/16 - Stayed

Started by Grinning Grim Reaper, March 10, 2016, 07:51:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Grinning Grim Reaper

BREAKING: Judge Sets Teleguz's Execution Date

By PETE DeLEA

HARRISONBURG -- A Rockingham County judge scheduled Ivan Teleguz to die.

This morning, Judge T.J. Wilson set April 13 as Teleguz's execution date.

Teleguz, a former county resident and a 37-year-old Ukrainian national, was sentenced to death for the 2001 murder-for-hire killing of his ex-girlfriend, Stephanie Sipe.

Pete Sipe, the victim's father, attended the hearing. He said he's pleased that Teleguz's date with death is nearing.

"I just want to see him dead," said Sipe.

www.dailynews-record.com
Vengence is mine saith the Lord...who are we to question the instruments used to carry it out?

turboprinz

March 10, 2016, 10:03:59 PM Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 09:36:17 PM by turboprinz
give the scumbag a face....

---> error adding photos at the moment... :-(
I apologize for my not perfect English. Hopefully you understand what I mean. If not - ask me. I will try to explain.

madgenealogist

Wait, if we execute him aliens will invade earth.  He is our only hope against zombies.  ;D   Seriously though, fry the murderer, he's a worthless scumbag who wastes tax dollars. 

phlebbb

Little s.o.b's face
People that think they know it all, annoy the hell out us who actually do ...

Grinning Grim Reaper

March 29, 2016

Federal Appeals Court Temporarily Halts Execution of Ukrainian Man in Virginia

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit has issued a temporary stay of execution for Ivan Teleguz, a Ukrainian national who was convicted of ordering the 2001 murder of his girlfriend, Stephanie Sipe. He was scheduled to be put to death on April 13.

www.theforgivenessfoundation.org
Vengence is mine saith the Lord...who are we to question the instruments used to carry it out?

Grinning Grim Reaper

Prisoner on death row for ex-girlfriend murder has execution stayed - as state runs out of lethal injection

06:00, 6 Apr 2016 By Sam Webb

A man on death row for the murder of his ex-girlfriend has been granted a stay of execution - because lethal drugs supplies are running out.

Ivan Teleguz, originally from Ukraine, was sentenced to death in 2006 for hiring men to kill his former girlfriend, Stephanie Sipe, the mother of his 23-month-old son, in Harrisonburg, Virginia.

But the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals has just granted a temporary stay of his execution, scheduled for later this month.

The state of Virginia does not have the necessary drugs to carry out the execution, reports the Forgiveness Foundation.

Teleguz, who had moved to Pennyslvania, was allegedly angry he had been ordered to make support payments for the child.

The court heard he hired Edwin Lee Gilkes Jr and Michael Anthony Hetrick to kill her for $2,000.

On July 21, 2001, Teleguz drove the two men from Pennsylvania to Harrisonburg and told Hetrick he wanted him to slash her throat, the jury was told.

Hetrick entered the apartment, tricking Ms Sipe by telling her he needed to use the telephone.

As he cut her throat he also slashed his own hand, leaving his blood at the scene.

He went into the bathroom to wash it and discovered the Teleguz's son in the bathtub with the water running.

Hetrick turned off the water and left, reported the Richmond Times-Dispatch.

Ms Sipe's body was discovered by her mother, who went round because she had been unable to contact her daughter.

Michael Hetrick pleaded guilty to first degree murder and received two life sentences.

www.mirror.co.uk

Grinning Grim Reaper

April 25 Execution Date Set for Man in Murder for Hire

HARRISONBURG, Va. (AP) -- An execution date has been set for a man convicted of hiring someone to kill his former girlfriend, who was the mother of his child.

On Friday, the Rockingham County Circuit Court set April 25 as the date Ivan Teleguz will be executed. Teleguz was sentenced to death in 2006 for hiring men to kill Stephanie Sipe.

Lawyers for Teleguz said in a statement that they will submit a petition to Gov. Terry McAuliffe, a Democrat, seeking clemency. The 38-year-old Teleguz maintains he is innocent.

Virginia's last execution was on Jan. 18.

www.usnews.com

Go Up