Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on Twitter

Author Topic: What type of execution methods you would like to have in the US?  (Read 4750 times)

Offline Hutchsmash

• Fanatic
    • MSN Messenger - hutcherhl@gmail.com
Re: What type of execution methods you would like to have in the US?
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2012, 05:19:03 AM »
Death by Roseanne Barr................

Supreme  court already ruled on this one, and yes cruel and unusual!   :P

"How come life in prison doesn't mean life? Until it does, we're not ready to do away with the death penalty. Stop thinking in terms of "punishment" for a minute and think in terms of safeguarding innocent people from incorrigible murderers."

JESSE VENTURA, I Ain't Got Time to Bleed

Offline JTiscool

• Fanatic
  • Uses logic to outwit thuglovers, 1 scum at a time.
    • MSN Messenger - jtyugioh@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - hellkaiserjt
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2012, 09:55:00 AM »
It certainly is unusual, not so sure about cruel  8)
My reason for supporting the death penalty? A murderer has less of a right to live than his victim and already presents a danger while incarcerated for life. They have nothing to lose when the most they can get is Life in prison without parole.

Offline Hangman1981

• Resident
  • There is never a shortage of rope.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MA7799
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2012, 10:37:19 AM »
You forgot to list DEATH BY THE WHEEL as an option. Now THAT is cruel and unusual.
There is never a shortage of rope.

Offline Kevin R.Hirschkorn

• Fanatic
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2012, 11:56:12 AM »
Why?? Raise your hand if you want them to feel there death... :P  I  do  me  me  me  over here..

You forgot to list DEATH BY THE WHEEL as an option. Now THAT is cruel and unusual.

This was designed to hurt....Its a SEAL Candace unless you have been there yo will never understand...

Offline Hangman1981

• Resident
  • There is never a shortage of rope.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MA7799
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2012, 06:32:46 PM »
Why?? Raise your hand if you want them to feel there death... :P  I  do  me  me  me  over here..

Yes I would like them to feel the pain of the execution. I cannot imagine anything more painful than this!
http://www.medievality.com/the-wheel.html
There is never a shortage of rope.

Offline Rick4404

• Fanatic
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rick4404@aol.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Rick4404@aol.com
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2012, 05:41:00 PM »
With all the lingering uncertainty over whether or not lethal injection can either legally or practically continue to be administered...numerous open court cases in a number of jurisdictions on the subject...at what point do the states simply throw in the towel on lethal injection and move to reinstate their former methods of execution?

Offline JTiscool

• Fanatic
  • Uses logic to outwit thuglovers, 1 scum at a time.
    • MSN Messenger - jtyugioh@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - hellkaiserjt
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2012, 02:06:07 AM »
With all the lingering uncertainty over whether or not lethal injection can either legally or practically continue to be administered...numerous open court cases in a number of jurisdictions on the subject...at what point do the states simply throw in the towel on lethal injection and move to reinstate their former methods of execution?

There is nothing wrong with a simple firing squad imo. I don't really know what could go wrong in that one plus the bullet is a lot cheaper than a vile of drugs.
My reason for supporting the death penalty? A murderer has less of a right to live than his victim and already presents a danger while incarcerated for life. They have nothing to lose when the most they can get is Life in prison without parole.

Offline Rick4404

• Fanatic
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rick4404@aol.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Rick4404@aol.com
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2012, 06:47:02 AM »

There is nothing wrong with a simple firing squad imo. I don't really know what could go wrong in that one plus the bullet is a lot cheaper than a vile of drugs.

Utah would be ready to go now with that. In their 2004 amendments to the state death penalty code which essentially removed the firing squad as an option, the statute does provide that if lethal injection were to ever be declared unconstitutional by a "court of competent jurisdiction," then the state would fall back to the firing squad in all cases.  Also, inmates presently on death row who were convicted and sentenced to death prior to the change in the law taking effect in 2004 can also request the firing squad over lethal injection as Ronnie Lee Gardener did in 2010. 

I highly doubt that any state which employed the gas chamber before lethal injection became the standard...Arizona, California, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, etc. would revert back to that method. The costs for a gas chamber execution are quite prohibitive. There also needs to be a working gas chamber in place that has been maintained. Most states that once used lethal gas as the method of execution have either scrapped their gas chambers entirely, or let them fall into a state of disrepair to the point that if they were to try to use them again, the serious possibility exists that the gas could leak from the chamber during an execution, endangering those who are in close proximity to the chamber...the witnesses, corrections officers, etc. from being exposed to the deadly gas.  There are no companies in America that manufacture gas chambers nor the working parts for them anymore.   

Offline phlebbb

• Fanatic
  • T.A.N.S.T.A.A.F.L.
    • MSN Messenger - phlebbb2000@msn.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - phlebbb2000@yahoo.com
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2012, 08:13:53 AM »

Utah would be ready to go now with that. In their 2004 amendments to the state death penalty code which essentially removed the firing squad as an option, the statute does provide that if lethal injection were to ever be declared unconstitutional by a "court of competent jurisdiction," then the state would fall back to the firing squad in all cases.  Also, inmates presently on death row who were convicted and sentenced to death prior to the change in the law taking effect in 2004 can also request the firing squad over lethal injection as Ronnie Lee Gardener did in 2010. 

I highly doubt that any state which employed the gas chamber before lethal injection became the standard...Arizona, California, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, etc. would revert back to that method. The costs for a gas chamber execution are quite prohibitive. There also needs to be a working gas chamber in place that has been maintained. Most states that once used lethal gas as the method of execution have either scrapped their gas chambers entirely, or let them fall into a state of disrepair to the point that if they were to try to use them again, the serious possibility exists that the gas could leak from the chamber during an execution, endangering those who are in close proximity to the chamber...the witnesses, corrections officers, etc. from being exposed to the deadly gas.  There are no companies in America that manufacture gas chambers nor the working parts for them anymore.   

Hmmmmm...Nitrogen asphyxiation anyone??? 8) 8) 8) 8)
You miss 100% of the shots that you DO NOT  take.........