Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on Twitter

Author Topic: What type of execution methods you would like to have in the US?  (Read 4603 times)

Offline Russki

• Fanatic
  • Российская Федерация
Re: What type of execution methods you would like to have in the US?
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2012, 03:18:11 AM »
UKTom, my reaction to Sir_Daniel is in fact partly due to the way he presented his arguement. This forum, to my knowledge is not a forum where we give support to the families of murderers as a general rule. I am tired of debating with people like him and that is the end of it.
Recently, one state let go of a bunch of murderers to make room in prisons. That is the sort of thing that can happen with LWOP.
Bombs do not choose. They will hit everything   ... Nikita Khrushchev

I once said, "We will bury you," and I got into trouble with it. Of course we will not bury you with a shovel. Your own working class will bury you.  ... Nikita Khrushchev

Offline ICE75

• Resident
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2012, 07:27:10 AM »
I'm reading this and seeing both sides of the argument.  Daniel supports the DP but essentially says the family of the murderer is also experiencing a loss.  This is factual.  Frenchy says tough and that they failed (which we cannot prove except in a case by case) and that he is tired of debating people like this and that is the end of it.  Well, French, I have to say that if you do not want to debate someone whose opinion differs from your as long as they are being respectful, then so be it.  But honestly, who made you forum police around here to where you tell people that you don't want to debate them and then proceed to run them off?  Not the first time this has happened with you, my friend.

You could've simply done this to show your dislike of LWOP:

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=177621

There are a lot of other links out there that say essentailly the same thing, but now, instead, we've apparently lost another member...
ICE75

"The Declaration of Independence only guarantees the American People the right to pursue happiness.  You have to catch it yourself!"   Benjamin Franklin

Offline ICE75

• Resident
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2012, 07:35:05 AM »
After seeing LI and Electrocution both up close and personal, I believe that the LI is allowing the condemned to simply fall asleep and fade away.  The one who was being Elec'd was VERY fidgity, nervous, etc...now I know this could be personality type and/or due to sedatives, etc, but to me, the Elec was a much better message to me as a viewer that you shouldn't kill or the State could do this to you.

Know I know that you also has to consider that with any ex you've got the long wait and living as a condemned person, yada, yada...but I'm simply talking about the day of and the procedure.  I'd personally like to see all DP's go to the Chair just for the "oh shit" factor.  Why do you think so FEW people on DR choose it?  Kinda says something there, huh?
ICE75

"The Declaration of Independence only guarantees the American People the right to pursue happiness.  You have to catch it yourself!"   Benjamin Franklin

Offline Kevin R.Hirschkorn

• Fanatic
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2012, 07:46:07 AM »
I am still trying to figure out, why I should care about  the loss. They Murdered some one.. Yea I am sadened To a point for the perp's family. But this is about safety. And more importantly This is about  the VICTIM's. They did not choose to be MURDERED. So any way I could care less if you leave and dont come back.. we have 2 anti's with a brain that are on this site often. Would love more, but sadly must are just thug hugger's.
This was designed to hurt....Its a SEAL Candace unless you have been there yo will never understand...

Offline Russki

• Fanatic
  • Российская Федерация
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2012, 07:58:24 AM »
"But honestly, who made you forum police around here to where you tell people that you don't want to debate them and then proceed to run them off?  Not the first time this has happened with you, my friend."

Most interesting post. I hardly see how I 'ran him off'. I bluntly stated my view and if he chose to leave.... tough. You make it sound like I had a big six gun to his head. A bullshit post ICE. He also chose this thread to go completely off topic.

If my reposts are disliked by another poster that is not my problem. If admin or a moderator thinks that I am wrong, I will apologise. Seems to me you are the forum police here.

I do agree with the chair though. Conceptually very scary.

I once said, "We will bury you," and I got into trouble with it. Of course we will not bury you with a shovel. Your own working class will bury you.  ... Nikita Khrushchev

Offline Russki

• Fanatic
  • Российская Федерация
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2012, 08:03:12 AM »
"I am still trying to figure out, why I should care about  the loss. "

Absolutely Khirschkorn. Families have to accept the fate of those who transgress. It has always been like that.

I do not consider that we should worry about the families of the murderers when there is so much pain with the victim's family. I find the concept that an execution makes more victims insulting as it bunches the murderers family along with the families of the victim. It is an attempt to make the victim's family feel guilty about wanting the perp executed. This is what makes me so angry.

Offline PAPASTALKIN

• Resident
  • That is all I have. GOOD NIGHT NOW!!
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2012, 08:13:47 AM »
Ok I have been quiet long enough. Screw em! They murdered someone and deserve what is coming to them. Yes they have families but that is just more suffering the perp caused. If they would line the bastards up and use a 48 oz hammer to X them maybe more of these effers would think twice. Please dont arrest me Frenchy I am trying to play nice  ;D ;D
That is all I have GOOD NIGHT NOW

Offline Russki

• Fanatic
  • Российская Федерация
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2012, 08:17:32 AM »
Seany, "you will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law" pronounced in Inspector Clouseau (Pink Panther) style ;D

"Screw em!"

Seems like an entirely reasonable understated reflection of my exact sentiments!  Two things really get me cross.

1. Being told to be nice or to spare a thought for murderers (and their families)

2. Being preached to on moral issues by Germans. (sorry Michael)

Both 1. and 2. elicit in me the same reaction as when Marty McFly, (Back to the future) is called a chicken!

Offline ICE75

• Resident
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2012, 08:43:36 AM »
"Most interesting post. I hardly see how I 'ran him off'. I bluntly stated my view and if he chose to leave.... tough. You make it sound like I had a big six gun to his head. A bullshit post ICE. He also chose this thread to go completely off topic.

If my reposts are disliked by another poster that is not my problem. If admin or a moderator thinks that I am wrong, I will apologise. Seems to me you are the forum police here."

No, not a bullshit post, but a completely lucid observation.  You do not tolerate differing opinions at all, always falling back to the tired, old, "well, this is a pro-dp site, if you don't agree, hit the road" attitude whether they agree with the DP and just not you at the time or whether they are rabidly anti, like Maiken.  Whether you agree with it or not, that is the preception I get, as the old, grumpy uncle that no one dares to raise their ire at the family reunion lest they blow up and go off reminding everyone how old and thus, correct they are and ultimately souring the mood.  Now, I am sure that if I get that perception, that others will as well and that is fine because you do seem to revel in having that reputation.  And I don't give a shit one way or another, but I just hate to see someone like Daniel leave when he is pro-DP but just has some slight differences in opinions on an issue but now feels like he is not welcome here because no one is willing to listen.  To him, he was attacked; ahh, maybe, maybe not, but he was right, it probably was no use in espousing his opinion here because it was frutiless from the get-go.
ICE75

Offline JTiscool

• Fanatic
  • Uses logic to outwit thuglovers, 1 scum at a time.
    • MSN Messenger - jtyugioh@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - hellkaiserjt
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2012, 08:59:09 AM »
As much as it sucks for the offender to lose someone they love, it's not the death penalty's fault, it's not the prosecutor's fault, it's not the judge's fault, it's not the jury's fault. It is nothing more than the murderer's fault for their own family suffering. If the perp didn't kill in the first place then his family wouldn't experience this loss.
My reason for supporting the death penalty? A murderer has less of a right to live than his victim and already presents a danger while incarcerated for life. They have nothing to lose when the most they can get is Life in prison without parole.

Offline PAPASTALKIN

• Resident
  • That is all I have. GOOD NIGHT NOW!!
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2012, 09:21:31 AM »
As much as it sucks for the offender to lose someone they love, it's not the death penalty's fault, it's not the prosecutor's fault, it's not the judge's fault, it's not the jury's fault. It is nothing more than the murderer's fault for their own family suffering. If the perp didn't kill in the first place then his family wouldn't experience this loss.

True dat! The families suffer from the actions of their scumsucker and no one else. The victim's families and the victim had no choice. The murderers family had no choice but still stand by their scumbag even when they know he/she killed someone. They rank up there with the hags that fall in "love" with the POS'S
That is all I have GOOD NIGHT NOW

Offline Kevin R.Hirschkorn

• Fanatic
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2012, 11:53:58 AM »
Every one in a way looses. Do I think we should stop executing. The bad guys ? Hell no Add more and make it faster. The victims Have the right for some pay back if thats how they want to feel. 

Now back on topic... PLEASE :-* :-*

Question folks ??? Why not be heading's  or the chair safe proven and when done right just as painless as LI.

This was designed to hurt....Its a SEAL Candace unless you have been there yo will never understand...

Offline Russki

• Fanatic
  • Российская Федерация
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2012, 12:21:52 PM »
Well, Ice, I had no idea you had such a 'special' relationship with that Brit. I did not tell him to hit the road until he stated he was leaving BTW. So according to you we must all smile and accept the murderers family as victims. If only I had known that you were going to post something empathetic to Daniel, I would have waited for you to do so. Or was it that you foruitously found a chance to take a shot at me?

I am celebrating the aniversary of the murder of my step daughter right now. I should stop of course to please you and your special friend and spare kind thoughts to this new type of victim; the murderers family. Perhaps I am grumpy but at least I am not sanctimonious with it.

Hell, we must not prioritise the families of victims but all support the criminals' families. Oh yes, I forgot, its called PTO. I wonder what your handle is over there................................

Offline Granny B

• Administrator
  • Fanatic
  • I'd like to help U out. Which way did U come in?
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2012, 02:40:25 PM »

Speaking from the point of view of the murder victim's family, I can tell you that it upset us terribly to see her family boo hooing for her in the courtroom, knowing she murdered our baby then took him out and buried him.  And her family knew it too.  Not all of her family supports her.  She has one daughter that wants the execution to occur, and the sooner the better.  She and her younger sister were also some of the murderer's victims in the past.

Not all of the murderer's families wants the POS back out of prison, contrary to your statements.  Some of them realize this is a real bad person and want him out of their lives for their own safety too. 

You have not been on this forum long enough to make the pronouncement that all of the murderer's families are also victims because of the execution.  No a lot of them were also victims of the family member who is on death row.  And especially in cases of domestic violence and extreme child abuse.

I'm not so sure there are as many families who want that POS out of prison as you seem to think.  For sure, the hags at PTO do, but they would marry a prisoner and use the dildo to satisfy themselves.  However, I am not so sure these women would actually want to live with the dangerous bastards.  They just want some excitement in their lives, they hero worship murderers for fame on their sites. :D

" Closure? Closure is a misused word in the English language.  There is no such thing as closure for the family of a murder victim.  There will never be any closure for the death of our loved ones until we are dead ourselves.  The families have a lifetime sentence of anguish and sadness." 
Susan Levy

Offline v1976ra

• Fanatic
  • Morality, like art, means drawing a line somewhere
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2012, 04:27:02 PM »
@  v1976ra

You wrote: "Yeah, what you said is true."

I wrote: "Sorry to hijack this thread, by the way."

You wrote: "Yeah, you did. And for what? To spout anti propaganda."

Well, at least my particular brand of anti propaganda is TRUE. It must be, because you told me it is! Sir Daniel spouts TRUE anti propaganda. Ha ha - I've achieved something in this life.

Here's some problems you have, from where I'm sitting...

You bang on about stuff which has nothing to do with my reason for being more in favour of LWOP than the DP, and it is stuff we all know already...

"The murderers family is suffering directly as a result of the actions of that loved one."

Well of course, that's obvious to anyone with half a brain and it has never been in question, has it? It's got nothing to do with the original point so why bother spouting it out?

"Bundy's death was far more human and dignified than what he subjected those women to."

Again, not in question, and not relevant to the original point. You really must pay a little more attention before unlocking your trusty gun cabinet, loading up your Magnum and blasting it in the direction of anyone who tries to make a case for LWOP which clearly conflicts with your "Hang 'em high yee-haw" en-grained mindset!

Here's another problem you have...

You are making the mistake of lumping me in with the die hard anti DP brigade and you are wrong. I quote the very first words I wrote in this thread, which you can scroll upwards and find up there somewhere, if you can be arsed...

"Personally, I have no issue with someone being lethally injected for committing acts of violent and premeditated murder, none at all."

We KNOW that whoever commits acts of premeditated murder is evil and must be punished to the fullest. We KNOW that murderers destroy innocent families. We KNOW that murderers show no mercy for their victims. We KNOW that murderers have a choice not to kill. We KNOW that murderers bring it all on themselves. We KNOW all this. I am trying to think about, care about another group of people in all of this...

Unlike yours, MY mind refuses to treat the families of murderers as though they too are murderers. That they too are guilty. That they too must be punished. My mind is able to separate a murderer and his/her family and distinguish between the two. I understand I'm drinking at an empty bar here! Banging on about how the murderer brought the pain to his/her family themselves, so TOUGH luck on that family is a little Dubya, don't you think? Ever heard of victim support? Families of convicted murderers, are they not VICTIMS just like the families of those that have been murdered? The mother who is woken in the early hours by the telephone; it's the police; her son has just been arrested on suspicion of murder. A year later he's found guilty of capital murder and given the death penalty. Eleven years later he's executed. Sorry, mother, tough luck, LWOP was too good for him and we care nothing about you and your family.

"But by your line of thinking, we should just open the doors to the prisons and let all those people go free just to ease the burden on their families?"

WHAT, are you talking about?! Who said anything about letting people out of jail? I'm for locking people up until they die! Clearly, you have no idea about my "line of thinking" because you're too obsessed with your own line of thinking to bother to understand someone else's if it's in conflict with yours. In-fact, I'm convinced you don't even bother to read properly what someone has written. Like a red flag to a Spanish bull, you see the words "maybe LWOP instead of the DP?" and BOOM, you're off, pounding away at your keyboard like a hooker on Craigslist. There's an enemy in your midst and it must be destroyed.

Please, stop rolling out your standard arsenal of reasons that justifies the death penalty for YOU and that have nothing to do with MY reasons as to why I think perhaps life without parole might serve more people better and create less victims.

I like coming here, reading many people's views and writing here from time to time. I love an INTELLECTUAL debate (hard to find as they are!) but for God's sake do READ what has been written before firing off a bunch of irrelevant nonsense!

I read everything you wrote. You just want to have it both ways, like most antis. You talk about 'intellectual' debate, yet use emotionally-based arguments talking about how much the murderer's family will miss him after he is executed. Yes you ARE right on a lot of the things you said. Such is the case with most propaganda. People with an agenda usually tell the side of the story they want to tell. I stopped reading your response about half way through because I realized you had little, if anything to say.  Just because you *claim* to conditionally support the death penalty doesn't mean you actually do, especially when your whole purpose seems to be making a case for LWOP over CP. I have a feeling that you're just about as anti as they come.  Anyone who reads your posts can tell as much.