Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on Twitter

Author Topic: Guadelupe Esparza TX - 11/16/11  (Read 9904 times)

Offline kanga

• Resident
Guadelupe Esparza TX - 11/16/11
« on: August 17, 2011, 07:12:59 PM »
TEXAS----new execution date

Guadelupe Esparza has been given an execution date of Nov. 16; it should be considered serious

(sources: TDCJ & Rick Halperin)

Not confirmed by TDCJ.

Regards,

Kanga.

Offline time2prtee

• Administrator
  • Fanatic
  • If you ignore it HOPEFULLY it will go away ;-)
Re: Guadelupe Esparza TX - 11/16/11
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 07:21:22 PM »
Date is set for execution of child killer

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Date-is-set-for-executionof-child-killer-2076378.php#ixzz1VLKgHvuI

A registered sex offender who raped and killed a little girl a dozen years ago is scheduled to die Nov. 16 by lethal injection, a judge announced Tuesday at a brief court hearing.

State District Judge Mary Roman gave no explanation and solicited no comments from attorneys as she read the execution order against Guadalupe Esparza, whose death it appeared would be postponed until next year so his attorney could investigate an appeal based on mental retardation claims.

A similar appeal has been rejected by the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals.

“We're glad that the judge reconsidered and stuck with the initial date,” said Enrico Valdez, chief of the district attorney's appellate division.

Esparza, 46, has been on death row since 2001, when a jury convicted him of capital murder in the 1999 slaying of 7-year-old Alyssa Vasquez.

The family of Vasquez, who would have turned 20 next month, said Tuesday that they were relieved that the execution was again on the fast track.

“I've missed a lot of years with her,” said Diana Berlanga, the child's mother. “I had seven years with her (while) he's had 12 years to breathe.”

Esparza, a San Antonio resident with Mexican Mafia ties who prosecutors said raped a woman a gunpoint years earlier, was sentenced to death after investigators matched his DNA to semen on the child's corpse and found bloody clothes outside his home.

Family members will be on the front row when the execution takes place, said Virginia Berlanga, the child's aunt.

"Indeed, the decision that capital punishment may be the appropriate sanction in extreme cases is an expression of the community's belief that certain crimes are themselves so grievous an affront to humanity that the only adequate response may be the penalty of death."  SCOTUS

Peace and Comfort to all Victims and Families

Offline AnneTheBelgian

• Fanatic
  • PRO DEATH PENALTY, BELGIAN, CHRISTIAN, ROYALIST
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 09:05:47 PM »
Thanks for these news dear Kanga and dear Lee :-* :-*

I have found this other article :

http://www.ksat.com/news/28884582/detail.html

Execution Date Set For Child's Killer

Investigators: Girl, 7, Kidnapped, Raped, Strangled

Brian Mylar, KSAT 12 News Reporter

POSTED: Tuesday, August 16, 2011

SAN ANTONIO -- The only hint of emotion on Guadalupe Esparza's face was a smirk as he was led from the courtroom in shackles after his execution was ordered by District Judge Mary Roman.

Roman, following the 2001 decision of a jury, ordered that Esparza, 46, be put to death by lethal injection on Nov. 16, 2011.

On June 8, 1999, Esparza was arrested in connection with the abduction, rape and strangulation of 7-year-old Alyssa Marie Vasquez.

The child's body was found in a vacant lot near her home on June 6, 1999.

"I've had seven years with her but he has had 12 years to breathe. It's time for him to pay for what he did," said Diana Berlanga, the child's mother, following the hearing on Tuesday.

She had left her daughter in the care of a babysitter on the night she was abducted from her home.

According to testimony, during Esparza's trial in 2001, he had met Berlanga in a bar several days before the abduction and had been calling her against her wishes.

Asked if she planned to witness Esparza's execution, Berlanga replied, "I'll be there. I'll be in the front row."

Other link : http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/esparzaguadalupe.htm

Photo : The murderer Guadalupe Esparza >:(

Another child killer... >:( GO TEXAS :( :(

Anne
"DEATH PENALTY OPPONENTS WHO TWIST THE TRUTH TO PROTECT KILLERS ARE ALSO TORTURING VICTIMS FAMILIES" (PETER BRONSON, CINCINNATI ENQUIRER,FEBRUARY 3, 2003)

PRO DEATH PENALTY AND PROUD OF IT !!!

JE MAINTIENDRAI (MOTTO OF WILLIAM I THE SILENT, PRINCE OF ORANGE, 1533 - 1584, MOTTO OF THE NETHERLANDS)

DEO JUVANTE (MOTTO OF THE PRINCIPALITY OF MONACO)

PROUD TO BE BELGIAN !!! I LOVE MY KINGDOM !!!

Offline JeffB

• Fanatic
  • Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 05:21:36 AM »
The only hint of emotion on Guadalupe Esparza's face was a smirk as he was led from the courtroom in shackles after his execution was ordered by District Judge Mary Roman.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm betting the sight of the execution chamber will wipe that smirk off this repugnant scumbag's face... 
"SO SUCK IT YOU "BLUE COOLER" DOPE!"  -  Sylar24

Offline JeffB

• Fanatic
  • Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 08:47:20 AM »
Hello, 

My name is Guadalupe Esparza. I am an American-Hispanic born and raised in San Antonio, Texas - U.S.A. I have brown eyes and black hair, I'm 5'5 in heigth and I weight 160 pounds. I am catholic by religion, and I believe in "Christ" very much!

I am looking for a pen pal friend, someone that I can share my daily thoughts with and they can shere the outside world with me, through letters: Female or male are all welcome to write me. I will be honest, sincere, and I will respect all your views.

When I was in the free world I was a bricklayer building houses in the day and at night I was a part-time "cook", during my off days I liked to go camping and swimming also enjoyed cooking food at bar-b-que's.

Here my hobbies I like jogging and exercising, doing "art work " and listing to classic Rock and R&B music, country music, too.

I don't get much mail or visits and it's very lonely for a person on death row. So I hope that who ever reads letter ad will want to start a pen pal friendship !

I thank you for your time and may "God" Bless you !

Respectfully

your friend

Lupe Esparza

"SO SUCK IT YOU "BLUE COOLER" DOPE!"  -  Sylar24

Offline JTiscool

• Fanatic
  • Uses logic to outwit thuglovers, 1 scum at a time.
    • MSN Messenger - jtyugioh@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - hellkaiserjt
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 10:23:52 AM »
I'd rather converse with a rattlesnake than this [words can't even describe].
My reason for supporting the death penalty? A murderer has less of a right to live than his victim and already presents a danger while incarcerated for life. They have nothing to lose when the most they can get is Life in prison without parole.

Offline AnneTheBelgian

• Fanatic
  • PRO DEATH PENALTY, BELGIAN, CHRISTIAN, ROYALIST
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 10:56:59 AM »
What a POS... >:( >:(

The card with "Merry Christmas" is very interesting because it seems that he will not celebrate this important event this year :D :D 8) 8)

I think that we would realize a special card who represents him and the Texas Death Chamber with these words : "Have a great end of 2011 scumbag"...

Dear Great of Texas, do your job...execute this guy this year :-* :-*

Anne
"DEATH PENALTY OPPONENTS WHO TWIST THE TRUTH TO PROTECT KILLERS ARE ALSO TORTURING VICTIMS FAMILIES" (PETER BRONSON, CINCINNATI ENQUIRER,FEBRUARY 3, 2003)

PRO DEATH PENALTY AND PROUD OF IT !!!

JE MAINTIENDRAI (MOTTO OF WILLIAM I THE SILENT, PRINCE OF ORANGE, 1533 - 1584, MOTTO OF THE NETHERLANDS)

DEO JUVANTE (MOTTO OF THE PRINCIPALITY OF MONACO)

PROUD TO BE BELGIAN !!! I LOVE MY KINGDOM !!!

Offline GermanFan

• Resident
  • A DP fan from Germany.
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 03:42:32 PM »
State District Judge Mary Roman gave no explanation and solicited no comments from attorneys as she read the execution order against Guadalupe Esparza, whose death it appeared would be postponed until next year so his attorney could investigate an appeal based on mental retardation claims.

Oh, please. If they cannot make a law against frivolous appeals, at least let them make one against boring ones.
--
Let's be economical: The best way against high costs associated with the DP are swift executions.

Offline Grinning Grim Reaper

• Fanatic
  • Genghis Khan was a Liberal
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 01:25:02 PM »
Supreme Court denies appeals from three Texas death row inmates
Associated Press

HOUSTON (AP) — The U.S. Supreme Court has refused appeals from three condemned Texas inmates, two of them convicted of killing children.

The high court Monday rejected appeals from 46-year-old Guadalupe Esparza, condemned for abducting a 7-year-old girl in San Antonio, sexually assaulting and strangling her in 1999. Also turned down was 32-year-old Richard Vasquez, convicted of fatally beating his girlfriend's 4-year-old daughter in 1998 in Corpus Christi.

The third inmate to lose at the court Monday is 31-year-old Steven Woods, convicted of robbing and killing a man and woman in Denton County, near Dallas, in 2001.

www.wfaa.com/news/local/121891848.html -

This POS was denied at the same time Woods was...Vasquez should be put on the burner shortly!
Vengence is mine saith the Lord...who are we to question the instruments used to carry it out?

Offline faithamor7

• Resident
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 04:09:57 PM »
WWW.TDJC.COM
Way to go TEXAS! We need to add more scumbags to the list so we can finish them all at once. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Name Esparza, Guadalupe TDCJ Number 999385 Date of Birth 11/21/1964 Date Received 05/25/2001Age (when Received) 36 Education Level
(Highest Grade Completed) 10 Date of Offense 06/30/1999Age (at the time of Offense) 34 County Bexar Race Hispanic Gender Male Hair Color Black Height 5 ft 4 in Weight 193 Eye Color Brown Native County Bexar Native State Texas
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prior Occupation
bricklayer, cook, laborer
Prior Prison Record
#398586 on a 12 year sentence from Bexar County for one count of aggravated sexual assault. Released on parole on 07/27/1990. Returned from parole on 08/29/1993. #646560 on an 8 year sentence from Bexar County for possession of cocaine. released on mandatory supervision on 1/12/1996.
Summary of incident
On 06/06/1999 in San Antonio, Esparza kidnapped and sexually assaulted a 7 year old Hispanic female. Esparza then strangled the victim with his hands, causing her death.
Co-defendants
None
Race and Gender of Victim
Hispanic female

Offline v1976ra

• Fanatic
  • Morality, like art, means drawing a line somewhere
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 08:49:26 PM »

My name is Guadalupe Esparza. I am an American-Hispanic born and raised in San Antonio, Texas - U.S.A. I have brown eyes and black hair, I'm 5'5 in heigth and I weight 160 pounds. I am catholic by religion, and I believe in "Christ" very much!

Well, I guess that means the Mexican Government won't be able to stick their nose into this one.

Offline time2prtee

• Administrator
  • Fanatic
  • If you ignore it HOPEFULLY it will go away ;-)
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 06:54:26 AM »
15 days to go on this one, and nary a news story to be found. Good to see murders/rapists of 7 year olds do not garner the media attention like cop killers.  :-[

This is the face of the death row inmate that the public needs to see!

"Indeed, the decision that capital punishment may be the appropriate sanction in extreme cases is an expression of the community's belief that certain crimes are themselves so grievous an affront to humanity that the only adequate response may be the penalty of death."  SCOTUS

Peace and Comfort to all Victims and Families

Offline Grinning Grim Reaper

• Fanatic
  • Genghis Khan was a Liberal
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2011, 07:45:15 AM »
This is the face of the death row inmate that the public needs to see!

True that...the pics of Skinner and other murderers  the media puts out show the solemn apologetic  face and puppy dog eyes  :-[ instead of their normal demeanor  >:(
Vengence is mine saith the Lord...who are we to question the instruments used to carry it out?

Offline Elric of Melnibone

• Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2011, 08:55:22 AM »
I thought skinner's usual picture was with a cellphone up his @$$...

And it is set to vibrate and that is why he has such a goofy-assed smile...
You can lead an ass to water and if you fight long and hard, you can make it drink.  But at the end of the day, after all the fighting, it is still an ass.

Banned from PTO 3 times so far for life.

Offline john

• Resident
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2011, 09:19:15 AM »
I thought skinner's usual picture was with a cellphone up his @$$...

And it is set to vibrate and that is why he has such a goofy-assed smile...

;D ;D ;D