Reginald Brooks - OH - 11/15/2011

Started by Grinning Grim Reaper, March 01, 2011, 06:52:17 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Grinning Grim Reaper

By Alan Johnson
The Columbus Dispatch

The Ohio Supreme Court today set three new execution dates, bringing the total scheduled this year to 10.

If all 10 are carried out, it would be the most in Ohio since 1949 when 15 men died in the electric chair. Executions, which are now done by lethal injection, are scheduled monthly through November.

New execution date set for:

Reginald Brooks, of Cuyahoga County, who murdered his three sons, ages 17, 15 and 11, in their home on March 6, 1982. Execution date: Nov. 15, 2011.

Three sons...a real POS!
Vengence is mine saith the Lord...who are we to question the instruments used to carry it out?

Michigal

YAY Ohio!!!!
I wish some of that Justice would rub off on Michigan...Detroit needs the DP.
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says..."Oh crap...she's awake!!!"

I have not met all of the innocent children murdered but I have wept for them. I have not seen all of the monsters but I know they are there.

AnneTheBelgian

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2011/03/former_east_cleveland_man_on_d.html

Former East Cleveland man on death row scheduled to die in

November for murdering his three sons in 1982

Published: Tuesday, March 01, 2011, 12:03 PM     

Updated: Tuesday, March 01, 2011, 2:38 PM

By Reginald Fields, The Plain Dealer

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A former East Cleveland man sent to death row nearly three decades ago is scheduled to be executed on Nov. 15.

Reginald Brooks Sr. fired one shot from a .38-caliber revolver into the head of each of his sons in March 1982 as the boys -- ages 11, 15 and 17 -- slept in the bedroom of their Ardenall Avenue apartment.

Brooks was convicted in 1983 and arrived on death row in June of 1984. Of the 156 inmates living on Ohio's death row, Brooks is among those who have lived the longest after being sentenced to die. Brooks' crime, however, was committed before the crime of any other current Ohio death row inmate, according to records from the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction.

Ironically, Brooks in 1985 had asked the courts to dismiss all of his automatic appeals and requested a swift execution date. But then in 1987, Brooks won a stay of execution so that his attorneys had time to file a legal brief on his behalf.

Brooks' three boys were found dead by their mother just hours after they had been killed. Brooks evaded police by boarding a bus to Las Vegas immediately after shooting the boys but was arrested two days later in Utah with the gun used in the slayings packed in his suitcase.

Prosecutors said his motive for the triple murder was to get back at his wife who had filed for divorce. He had received divorce papers two days before the killings.

Three sons, three guys, three lifes broken... :'( :'( :'( Justice for them :( :( :(

Photo : The murderer Reginald Brooks (Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction) >:(

Thanks great State of Ohio :-* :(

Anne
"DEATH PENALTY OPPONENTS WHO TWIST THE TRUTH TO PROTECT KILLERS ARE ALSO TORTURING VICTIMS FAMILIES" (PETER BRONSON, CINCINNATI ENQUIRER,FEBRUARY 3, 2003)

PRO DEATH PENALTY AND PROUD OF IT !!!

JE MAINTIENDRAI (MOTTO OF WILLIAM I THE SILENT, PRINCE OF ORANGE, 1533 - 1584, MOTTO OF THE NETHERLANDS)

DEO JUVANTE (MOTTO OF THE PRINCIPALITY OF MONACO)

PROUD TO BE BELGIAN !!! I LOVE MY KINGDOM !!!

Grinning Grim Reaper

This scumbag POS is three times Timothy Adams...and soon he will give Timmy help feeding the worms!
Vengence is mine saith the Lord...who are we to question the instruments used to carry it out?

GermanFan

This scumbag POS is three times Timothy Adams...and soon he will give Timmy help feeding the worms!

You are completely right... god, just when I thought, I had finally seen the worst, this one came up  :'(
--
Let's be economical: The best way against high costs associated with the DP are swift executions.

Michigal

Its monsters like this that make me wonder if the RA's (rabid anti's) ever bother to read about who it is they are trying to protect, or do they just rant and rave blindly then pat themselves on the back for trying to save such a worthless, unworthy life?  ???  ???  ???
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says..."Oh crap...she's awake!!!"

I have not met all of the innocent children murdered but I have wept for them. I have not seen all of the monsters but I know they are there.

Russki

After Maiken, I have come to the conclusion that the RAs do not look at the crime at all. The poor inmate is just misunderstood.

The whole DP process really does need to be properly streamlined with 2 years max in DR
Frenchy
Bombs do not choose. They will hit everything   ... Nikita Khrushchev

I once said, "We will bury you," and I got into trouble with it. Of course we will not bury you with a shovel. Your own working class will bury you.  ... Nikita Khrushchev

JTiscool

That's right. Those poor inmates wouldn't have murdered if they were treated like a king/queen when they were young...

Atleast that's how Maiken sees it  ::)
My reason for supporting the death penalty? A murderer has less of a right to live than his victim and already presents a danger while incarcerated for life. They have nothing to lose when the most they can get is Life in prison without parole.

Grinning Grim Reaper

Reginald Brooks  Scheduled Execution Date; Nov. 15, 2011

Reginald Brooks # 179740
878 Coitsville Hubbard Rd.
Youngstown Ohio 44505

DOB: 3/20/45
County;  Cuyahoga

Some of the reasons to ask for clemency are;

Everyone agrees that Reginald suffered from schizophrenia before, during, and after murders  ;D

He also suffers from paranoia and believed his wife and co-workers tried to poison him, accused his wife of having an incestuous relationship with their oldest son, believed in voodoo and mutilated dolls, and refused to allow his oldest son to display athletic trophies and was under severe stress.  ;D

In addition, Reginald suffered from psychogenic amnesia and was unable supply some important information to his lawyer.  ;D

Reginald's lawyers did not thoroughly interview family members, friends or mental health experts who could have provided additional information about his mental state.  ;D

Reginald Brooks has been on Ohio's Death Row since 1984. Clearly he can safely kept away from society.  ;D

ohiodeathrow.blogspot.com/2009/05/reginald-brooks.html

If  the psychoanalysts on the Parole Board and bleeding heart Kasich let this POS duck the needle they might as well close up shop and go home! >:( >:( >:(

ouchthathurts

"Reginald Brooks has been on Ohio's Death Row since 1984. Clearly he can safely kept away from society."

Very true, he can safely be stored 6 feet underground with no risk to the public.

Jim S

Yes, an 18 gauge steel casket and the concrete vault should keep him restrained nicely  and keep him safe from harm by others trying to do him harm! LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Elric of Melnibone

Not to mention the weight of all the dirt too.  Figure that the casket is in a vault 8ft long, 4ft wide, and 7 feet deep and dirt at 40lbs/cubic foot...

Dirt wight is 8,960lbs
You can lead an ass to water and if you fight long and hard, you can make it drink.  But at the end of the day, after all the fighting, it is still an ass.

Banned from PTO 3 times so far for life.

Jim S

Not to mention the weight of all the dirt too.  Figure that the casket is in a vault 8ft long, 4ft wide, and 7 feet deep and dirt at 40lbs/cubic foot...

Dirt wight is 8,960lbs

I worked part time when I was in college in the 70's as a grave digger digging graves by hand. The length and width are correct but the depth was only 5 1/2 to 6 feet. this only left about 1 foot of dirt overthe top of the concrete vault. The vault was sealed shut with a very sticky tar though that, once sealed, it is just about impossible to  reopen the vault. (we had one that we had to reopen due to the deceased having been interred with some items that could not be there by law). But the weight of the dirt will still be 1,280 pounds!

Elric of Melnibone

Sorry.  I thought they were deeper.  Glad my math was right.   :-*
You can lead an ass to water and if you fight long and hard, you can make it drink.  But at the end of the day, after all the fighting, it is still an ass.

Banned from PTO 3 times so far for life.

Go Up