Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on Twitter

Author Topic: 6 Month Old Girl Died of Sexual and Physical Abuse By Father  (Read 2599 times)

Offline Granny B

• Administrator
  • Fanatic
  • I'd like to help U out. Which way did U come in?
6 Month Old Girl Died of Sexual and Physical Abuse By Father
« on: April 11, 2007, 08:28:06 PM »
Father arrested after 6-month-old girl dies
By Josh Burton
josh.burton@amarillo.com

The father of a 6-month-old girl who died Wednesday was arrested on charges of injury to a child.

The father was booked in the Randall County Jail on the charge, according to the Amarillo Police Department.

The daughter was taken to Northwest Texas Hospital around 3:45 p.m. Tuesday because she was not breathing, according to the APD.

The girl was examined and found to be suffering from physical and sexual abuse, the APD said.

The girl was admitted to the pediatric intensive care unit and was placed on life support, according the APD. She was pronounced dead at 9 a.m. Wednesday.

Justice of the Peace Thomas Jones ordered an autopsy be performed on the girl in Lubbock on Thursday, according to the APD. The case is still being investigated by APD and additional charges may be filed.

http://www.amarillo.com/stories/041107/babydeath.shtml
" Closure? Closure is a misused word in the English language.  There is no such thing as closure for the family of a murder victim.  There will never be any closure for the death of our loved ones until we are dead ourselves.  The families have a lifetime sentence of anguish and sadness." 
Susan Levy

Offline Mildred

• Fanatic
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - cinnyk1977
Re: 6 Month Old Girl Died of Sexual and Physical Abuse By Father
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 08:41:00 PM »
I wont even say what I hope he gets. I doubt the filter would catch it all.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Granny B

• Administrator
  • Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 08:01:47 AM »
Man taken into custody on suspicion of abuse of 6-month-old

The father of a 6-month-old girl who died Wednesday was arrested on suspicion of injury to a child.

Quionna Jones was taken to Northwest Texas Hospital about 3:45 p.m. Tuesday because she was not breathing, according to the Amarillo Police Department.

The girl was examined and found to be suffering from physical and sexual abuse, police said.

She was admitted to the pediatric intensive care unit and was placed on life support, according the APD. She was pronounced dead at 9 a.m. Wednesday.

Her father, Devin Jones, 21, was booked in the Randall County Jail on a charge of injury to a child, according to the APD. He had not been arraigned late Wednesday and remained in custody at the jail.

Justice of the Peace Thomas Jones ordered an autopsy be performed on the girl in Lubbock today, the APD said.

The case is still being investigated and additional charges may be filed, police said.

- Staff writer Josh Burton

http://www.amarillo.com/stories/041207/new_7285284.shtml

Posted on: April 12, 2007, 07:46:18 PM
Update on case 4/14/2007
Dad charged with murder in baby case
By Josh Burton
josh.burton@amarillo.com

The Randall County District Attorney's office issued a warrant Friday charging a man accused of injuring his daughter with capital murder.

Devin Jones, the father of a 6-month-old girl who died Wednesday, was arrested that day on suspicion of injury to a child.

Preliminary autopsy results indicate Quionna Jones was the victim of head and internal injuries as well as sexual abuse.

The cause of death is listed as pending at this time as officials wait on toxicology and lab tests, said Lt. Gary Trupe, Potter-Randall Special Crimes coordinator with the Amarillo Police Department.

Trupe said the APD met with the Randall County District Attorney on Friday morning and was asked to double-check some things.

At around 6:30 p.m. Friday, the warrant was signed by 251st District Court Judge Ana Estevez and was served on Jones in the Randall County Jail, according to Trupe.

Jones will be arraigned at a later date, Trupe said.

James Farren, criminal district attorney for Randall County, said his office will seek the death penalty.

"We charged him with capital murder," Farren said. "We believe the evidence will prove capital murder. We are seeking the death penalty."

Farren said Jones had not been arraigned yet. It will either happen this weekend or Monday.

Quionna Jones was taken to Northwest Texas Hospital about 3:45 p.m. Tuesday because she was not breathing, according to the Amarillo Police Department.

The girl was examined and reportedly found to be suffering from physical and sexual abuse, police said.

She was admitted to the pediatric intensive care unit and was placed on life support, according to the APD. She was pronounced dead at 9 a.m. Wednesday.

There are not too many death penalty cases in Randall County, Farren said.

"We can only seek the death penalty in rare cases, where the evidence warrants," Farren said.

Jones remained in custody Friday at the jail.

Note to those who are against the death penalty: How can you say this monster, who murdered and tortured his own baby to death in such a horrible fashion, should not die for what he did to his own precious little baby girl? 

Karma cannot explain what this little girl did to deserve such a horrible fate this early in her short little life.

Rest in peace baby girl.  May you now be in the arms of God and know peace, love, and joy for eternity. 
" Closure? Closure is a misused word in the English language.  There is no such thing as closure for the family of a murder victim.  There will never be any closure for the death of our loved ones until we are dead ourselves.  The families have a lifetime sentence of anguish and sadness." 
Susan Levy

Offline ScoopD (aka: Pam)

• Administrator
  • Fanatic
  • My BS'ometer is fully charged so bring it on!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 08:23:44 AM »
Where was the Mom when this abuse was taking place? I wonder why there is no mention of her.

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

My reason for supporting capital punishment: My cousin 16 yr. old Amanda Greenwell was murdered in March of 2004 at the hands of serial killer Jeremy Bryan Jones.

lifeinstead

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 08:41:32 AM »
Is there something in the water in Texas? Subliminal messages or something?

Offline Granny B

• Administrator
  • Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 08:48:33 AM »
Where was the Mom when this abuse was taking place? I wonder why there is no mention of her.

I believe the original story I heard on tv, when it was first announced, was that Mom was at work and Dad was babysitting their baby daughter.
Susan Levy

frankenstien

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 11:23:23 AM »
Ok, as I have stated many times, I don't believe in the death penalty because I don't believe in the taking of any human life.  BUT..........  it is cases like these that really, really make me rethink my position at times.  6 months old?   >:( >:(  My grandaughter is 5 months old and I can't even imagine ANYONE doing something like that  >:( 6 months old?????????   >:(

Offline Granny B

• Administrator
  • Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 02:06:34 PM »
I have one more thing to say on this subject of this baby f....ing monster........At least he took the baby to the hospital for treatment after he sexually abused and tortured her so horribly.........Cathy Henderson did not even try to get our baby treatment for his injuries.

Nuff said
Susan Levy

frankenstien

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 03:07:55 PM »
I have one more thing to say on this subject of this baby f....ing monster........At least he took the baby to the hospital for treatment after he sexually abused and tortured her so horribly.........Cathy Henderson did not even try to get our baby treatment for his injuries.

Nuff said

I'm so sorry for your pain and in some ways I do understand your anger and pain on this subject.  If people could just admit their wrong it would help so much in the healing process of the victim(s) and their families.  My thoughts and prayers for your whole family. 

Peter

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 03:55:12 PM »
Now then. Sexual abuse of a minor is outrageous. However, there are varying degrees of same. In The U.K. we have two laws covering Pedophile offenses and they fall into two categories: under 13 and over 13 years of age. The former is punishable by 'Life' imprisonment which is a minimum of 14 years confinement (usually released in 9 years on 'License' ) and the latter is punishable by 5-7 years confinement (usually released within 4 years on parole). If the victim of the offense dies then the mandatory 'Life' sentence is imposed (out in around 9 years... under licence... etc...). In this Country we have NO LWOP, more's the pity, and certainly no allowance for the exact age of the victim other than 'Under 13 years of age'. We do have a 'Sex Offenders Register' that the accused is required to sign periodically at their local Police Station  ;D. However, this is no major hardship for someone with all the time in the world to do so (living on Social Security Benefits as they can't get a job and taking home their 'entitlement' in the region of 400/$700 per WEEK!!!).

Ye. at least you guys have an option of LWOP even if your dp law sucks... ;)