Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on Twitter

Author Topic: This is why the DP works...  (Read 4208 times)

Offline phlebbb

• Fanatic
  • T.A.N.S.T.A.A.F.L.
    • MSN Messenger - phlebbb2000@msn.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - phlebbb2000@yahoo.com
This is why the DP works...
« on: December 14, 2010, 04:36:55 PM »
Dallas Police: Dead Toddler Dropped in Boiling Water

Published December 14, 2010

| FoxNews.com

Undated photo of Carlnelus Delaney Simmons

MyFoxDFW.com

Undated photo of Carlnelus Delaney Simmons

A Dallas toddler has died after police say he was dropped in a pot of boiling water.

Dallas police told The Dallas Morning News in a story Tuesday that 16-month-old Jabraylon Bables appeared to have been dipped in boiling water. The toddler died Saturday from injuries and infections, 36 days after police say he was deliberately burned.

Police say the burns covered the toddler's legs, feet, hands and buttocks.

"It's a horrible case. It's heartbreaking for everybody involved," Dallas police Sgt. Brenda Nichols, supervisor of the child abuse unit, told the paper.

The boyfriend of the child's mother is a convicted murderer named Carlnelus Delaney Simmons. He remains in the Dallas County Jail on a felony charge of injury to a child.

Simmons told police he accidentally dropped hot water on the boy.

"From the injuries on the baby, I think he did it intentionally," the boy's aunt, Veronica Bables, told the paper. "I feel like he tortured him."

Attorney information was not available. Jabraylon's mother, Jasmine Thompson, said she does not believe Simmons would have deliberately hurt her child.

The Dallas County medical examiner has ruled the death a homicide.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/14/dallas-police-dead-toddler-dropped-boiling-water/#ixzz188VIfApY
You miss 100% of the shots that you DO NOT  take.........

Offline JTiscool

• Fanatic
  • Uses logic to outwit thuglovers, 1 scum at a time.
    • MSN Messenger - jtyugioh@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - hellkaiserjt
Re: This is why the DP works...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 05:18:39 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( What the f***? If he doesn't get the death penalty then what the f***?  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
My reason for supporting the death penalty? A murderer has less of a right to live than his victim and already presents a danger while incarcerated for life. They have nothing to lose when the most they can get is Life in prison without parole.

Offline Kitten Resq

• Administrator
  • Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 06:17:09 PM »
The boyfriend of the child's mother is a convicted murderer named Carlnelus Delaney Simmons.

Why the hell was he even out of jail if he's a convicted murderer.  I fricking hate the Board of Parols and Pardons.  They all should be ashamed of themselves!! 
Some people say Iím a horrible person, but itís not true!  I have the heart of an innocent girlÖ.in a jar, on my desk

Victims have a dignitary interest in justice and vindication without interminable delay caused by guilty prisonersí attempts to stave off punishment.

Offline Angelstorm

• Troll Exterminator
  • Fanatic
  • ALLERGIES: B/S, Rabid Anti's & Shetland Ponies!!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 06:36:47 PM »
 >:( >:(  I just don't get how anybody could do something like this to a child, I just don't get it at all.   >:( >:(

Let's hope he gets what he deserves, and being Texas maybe we won't have to wait until he's 60 to  :( him

Offline Russki

• Fanatic
  • Российская Федерация
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 12:09:17 AM »
My God! Unbelieveable.
Bombs do not choose. They will hit everything   ... Nikita Khrushchev

I once said, "We will bury you," and I got into trouble with it. Of course we will not bury you with a shovel. Your own working class will bury you.  ... Nikita Khrushchev

Offline Henrik - Sweden

• Fanatic
  • Go pro? No!
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 03:48:28 AM »
Yes it is unbelievable that there are people capable of doing such things. But in what way is this a proof that the DP works? I mean, he commited his horrendous crime in one of the places on earth where the risk of facing an execution that really will be carried out is highest.  That obviously didn't prevent him.

(Yes I know he was a paroled murderer, but from what I have learnt about the legal system of Texas I would suspect it was 2nd degree murder where the DP isn't an option. When it comes to murder of infants/toddlers in general I think most of the offenders only have a minor criminal record or no record at all. This thankfully very rare crimes are commited by persons that are very disturbed in one way or another and if anyone has some proof that they occur less often in nations/states that have the DP than elsewhere I would like to see that proof. )

Offline JTiscool

• Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 10:45:17 AM »
Imo some murderers deserve the death penalty more than others )even though realistically most murderers do) and this guy is no exception. It proves that prison wasn't good enough for him.
My reason for supporting the death penalty? A murderer has less of a right to live than his victim and already presents a danger while incarcerated for life. They have nothing to lose when the most they can get is Life in prison without parole.

Offline Angelstorm

• Troll Exterminator
  • Fanatic
  • ALLERGIES: B/S, Rabid Anti's & Shetland Ponies!!
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 09:03:51 PM »
Yes it is unbelievable that there are people capable of doing such things. But in what way is this a proof that the DP works? I mean, he commited his horrendous crime in one of the places on earth where the risk of facing an execution that really will be carried out is highest.  That obviously didn't prevent him.

(Yes I know he was a paroled murderer, but from what I have learnt about the legal system of Texas I would suspect it was 2nd degree murder where the DP isn't an option. When it comes to murder of infants/toddlers in general I think most of the offenders only have a minor criminal record or no record at all. This thankfully very rare crimes are commited by persons that are very disturbed in one way or another and if anyone has some proof that they occur less often in nations/states that have the DP than elsewhere I would like to see that proof. )

I can see what you're saying, however, IF second degree murder had been punishable by the DP (I know it's not, but humour me), IF it had been - this guy would probably be on death row fighting 10 - 20 years worth of appeals at the very least and would not have been in a position to do this to that poor little baby.  Now, if he gets the DP for this particular murder, I can guarantee that once his sentence is carried out he will not be able to murder again, and whilst he's fighting all his million appeals from death row, he will not be able to hurt another child.  That's proof enough it works for me.  And honestly, LWOP is not sufficient in my eyes for this crime.

Offline JTiscool

• Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 09:33:43 PM »

Actually, this reinforces my point that almost all murders should be treated the same. All murders that are not committed in self defense or as a mercy killing should be punished by Life in prison without parole or ideally, the death penalty. The fact that he went to prison for a previous murder and murdered when he was released proves that the parole board can be tricked, manipulated and deceived too easily.

Also if the defendant in question was previously convicted of a murder, then being found guilty of the second one he is accused of when released from prison whether it's third, second or first degree should carry a mandatory death sentence as long as there is no doubt of his guilt. If he killed a second time, then he obviously will keep killing until he can't anymore and that is what our justice system should focus on.

Offline vanessalitfilm

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 07:42:09 PM »
Who in their right mind would kill an innocent child? You think to yourself, ďThe person who did this must pay for their actions,Ē but should capital punishment be the answer. People are so ready to put this man on the chopping block and execute him today, but there isnít enough evidence to say that he did this on purpose. No one was there to see it happen, the only story there is, is of the man who says it was an accident, saying he simply spilled boiling water on the baby accidentally, but then there is the side of everyone who is thinking the worst of him. This is a sketchy case and he seems guilty but SEEMS isnít enough. What if the court decides that he deserves the death penalty but then he is later proven innocent? How would that be a just decision? This man should be sent to prison for life and live with what he has done for the rest of his life. Isnít killing him giving him the easy way out? If he is in prison he wonít have the chance to kill a baby again so by sentencing him to death we are not preventing more murders.

Offline Sylar24

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 03:47:00 AM »
Who in their right mind would kill an innocent child? You think to yourself, ďThe person who did this must pay for their actions,Ē but should capital punishment be the answer. People are so ready to put this man on the chopping block and execute him today, but there isnít enough evidence to say that he did this on purpose. No one was there to see it happen, the only story there is, is of the man who says it was an accident, saying he simply spilled boiling water on the baby accidentally, but then there is the side of everyone who is thinking the worst of him. This is a sketchy case and he seems guilty but SEEMS isnít enough. What if the court decides that he deserves the death penalty but then he is later proven innocent? How would that be a just decision? This man should be sent to prison for life and live with what he has done for the rest of his life. Isnít killing him giving him the easy way out? If he is in prison he wonít have the chance to kill a baby again so by sentencing him to death we are not preventing more murders.

you don't accedentally drop enough boiling water on a kid to cause his death this murder plane and simle and this animal must DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline JTiscool

• Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 04:33:05 AM »
Accidentally drop boiling water on a child? That's farfetched.

Offline vanessalitfilm

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 08:32:47 AM »
Accidentally drop boiling water on a child? That's farfetched.

For those of you who replied to me...you obviously did not read my whole argument. I was not defending this man who probably did purposely kill this child...I am simply putting out my argument that the Death Penalty is not the correct punishment. If you read my whole argument you will get a better understanding of what I was trying to say. We have no PROOF that he did this, but chances are he did, so he should rot in jail for the rest of his life.

Offline JTiscool

• Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 08:36:40 AM »
The proof he did it is that you can't accidentally drop a fatal amount of boiling water on yoyr child. Honestly, it's common sense.

Offline ScoopD (aka: Pam)

• Administrator
  • Fanatic
  • My BS'ometer is fully charged so bring it on!
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 09:10:26 AM »
He is a drug dealing murderer who deserves to be put to death.   He was out of prison 3 years and committed another murder - a child!  OMG!!!, this is most certainly a death penalty deserving case if I have ever seen one!   Take no chances with this monster, protect the prison staff and other inmates and execute this rotten example of a human!   >:(

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

My reason for supporting capital punishment: My cousin 16 yr. old Amanda Greenwell was murdered in March of 2004 at the hands of serial killer Jeremy Bryan Jones.