The DP Trial for the Murder of Bobbie Jo Stinnett!

Started by anna, January 14, 2007, 06:27:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

anna

http://www.wibw.com/news/headlines/5166212.html

Jury Selection is Under Way in the Trial of a Woman Charged with Cutting a Baby from it's Mother's Womb
Posted: 6:43 PM Jan 11, 2007

Lisa Montgomery of Melvern is accused of killing Bobbie Jo Stinnett and cutting her baby from her womb.

About 200 prospective jurors have been called to the federal courthouse in Kansas City of fill out questionnaires concerning the case.

ScoopD (aka: Pam)

This women deserves the dp. I cannot even begin to imagine the evilness required to do what she did. Let's hope the trial proceeds quickly and the jury finds her guilty and sentences her accordingly.
<br /><br />If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine<br /><br />My reason for supporting capital punishment: My cousin 16 yr. old Amanda Greenwell was murdered in March of 2004 at the hands of serial killer Jeremy Bryan Jones.

Ryah

I hate to bring sad/bad news.... but most know what a "fickle mistress"
the Court System can be !!  ::)

Trial Postponed in Expectant Mother Slay
AP
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - A federal judge Thursday postponed the trial of a woman accused of killing an expectant mother and cutting her fetus from the womb until Oct. 1.

Judge Gary A. Fenner set the new date for Lisa Montgomery's trial to allow more time for mental health experts to complete evaluations.

Montgomery, 39, was scheduled to go on trial April 30 on one federal count of kidnapping resulting in death.

She has pleaded not guilty, and her lawyers announced last month that they would rely partly on a defense of "diminished capacity," commonly called the insanity defense. It requires mental health evaluations.

Prosecutors said there wasn't enough time before April 30 for their experts to interview Montgomery and write their reports. Defense attorneys said theirs also needed more time.

Montgomery, of Melvern, Kan., is accused of strangling Bobbie Jo Stinnett, 23, who was eight months pregnant when she was killed at her home in Skidmore, Mo., on Dec. 16, 2004.

Prosecutors say Montgomery cut a baby girl from Stinnett's womb and returned to Kansas, where she showed the infant off as her own newborn daughter. The child, Victoria Jo, was returned to her father.

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against Montgomery.

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/trial-postponed-in-expectant-mother-slay/n20070412174509990015?cid=225

Go Up