Dayton Leroy Rogers

Started by Angelstorms OL'Man, October 12, 2012, 06:48:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Angelstorms OL'Man

The Oregon Supreme Court on Thursday vacated the death penalty for Oregon's most prolific serial killer, sending his case back to Clackamas County Circuit Court for a fourth sentencing trial.

Dayton Leroy Rogers, dubbed the "Molalla forest killer," was found guilty in 1989 of torturing and killing six women, then dumping their mutilated bodies in the woods south of Molalla. He has been on -- and off -- death row ever since, while his attorneys have filed a series of appeals.

The latest state high court ruling does not mean Rogers will go free; his aggravated murder convictions still stand. But it does mean that Clackamas County prosecutors will launch another long, expensive "sentencing phase" to ask a new jury to give Rogers the death penalty.

Related links:

* Read the text of Oregon State Supreme Court ruling that vacates Dayton Leroy Rogers death sentence

* Dayton Leroy Rogers has been in out of court for 40 years
This was designed to hurt....Its a SEAL Candace unless you have been there yo will never understand...

turboprinz

I apologize for my not perfect English. Hopefully you understand what I mean. If not - ask me. I will try to explain.

JTiscool

Oregon, California and even Pennsylvania's death penalty is exactly what a comedian would need to get a laugh out of an audience. Why? Because it's a complete joke -.-
My reason for supporting the death penalty? A murderer has less of a right to live than his victim and already presents a danger while incarcerated for life. They have nothing to lose when the most they can get is Life in prison without parole.

Go Up