Kenneth Dewayne Williams - AR - 4/27/17

Started by Grinning Grim Reaper, April 25, 2017, 03:20:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Grinning Grim Reaper

An Arkansas Family Prepares to Witness the Execution of their Father's Murderer

by Phil McCausland

The Boren family has waited a long time for their patriarch's murderer to be put to death by the state of Arkansas.

Days before the scheduled execution, they prepared to witness the execution of Kenneth Williams.

Genie Boren's husband Cecil was murdered in the yard of his Varner home 18 years ago.

A jury sentenced Williams, who killed Cecil after escaping from prison and a separate life sentence for murder, to die soon after. But Genie Boren and her family have long waited for the state of Arkansas's ultimate justice.

Williams is scheduled to die Thursday at 7 p.m. CT.

"It's never been this close," said Cecil's daughter. "We've never gotten within two weeks ever before, but you just wonder: 'Is this the time it happens?'"

Williams is the last man to die in an aggressive schedule set by Gov. Asa Hutchinson. Arkansas initially planned to kill eight men within 10 days of each other. So far one man has been executed and courts stopped four inmates from meeting the state's executioner.

The Borens are focused on fulfilling the death sentence handed down by that jury 18 years ago.

Nevertheless, Cecil's family are just a few days short of driving to the Cummins Unit, where the Arkansas death house is held, to witness the execution of the man who took their patriarch away. But there's still a chance the execution could be stopped by a last minute court order.

www.nbcnews.com
Vengence is mine saith the Lord...who are we to question the instruments used to carry it out?

Observer

I have to admire The Governor. He may not like the death penalty (don't know that, but just sayin') but he recognizes the importance of justice to the victims families. The sentences imposed by the juries are to be carried out no matter what his personal feelings may be. The other governors that block justice based on their personal feelings are nullifying the justice system. Juries made the call, they've had their challenges and appeals, they need to discharge their duties to the families of the victims and society as a whole. To refuse to do so should be a crime in my opinion.

Grinning Grim Reaper

You are spot on Observer.  The governor is a devout Catholic personally against the DP...but he doesn't let that get in the way of justice.
Vengence is mine saith the Lord...who are we to question the instruments used to carry it out?

Grinning Grim Reaper

Arkansas court denies stays of execution for Kenneth Williams

LITTLE ROCK (KATV) -- The final inmate scheduled to die by lethal injection in Arkansas this month has been denied all requests for stays of execution by the state's highest court.

According to Arkansas Attorney General Leslie Rutledge, death row inmate Kenneth Williams has no other motions or requests pending before the Arkansas State Supreme Court as of Wednesday.

In 1999, Williams was sentenced to life in prison for killing UAPB cheerleader Dominique Hurd and Jerrell Jenkins. He escaped prison a few weeks later, and while running, killed Cecil Boren and Michael Greenwood. He received the death sentence for Boren's murder.

Williams is scheduled to be executed Thursday. If the execution is carried out, he will be the state's fourth death row inmate to be put to death in one week. Ledell Lee was executed April 20, and both Jack Jones and Marcel Williams were executed April 24.

www.katv.com

His ambulance chasers will probably head to the 8th and then SCOTUS.  It might buy him a few hours tonight but the hot shot will flow.

Grinning Grim Reaper

Final execution scheduled for Thursday, victim's family plans to witness

by Sarafina Brooks Thursday, April 27th 2017

Little Rock (KATV) -- The final inmate, Kenneth Williams, is scheduled to die by lethal injection Thursday evening. Williams has been denied all requests for stays of execution by the state's highest court.

Williams killed a total of 4 people and According to Arkansas Attorney General Leslie Rutledge, Williams has no other motions or requests pending before the Arkansas State Supreme Court as of Wednesday.

Back in 1999, Williams was sentenced to life in prison for killing UAPB cheerleader Dominique Hurd and Jerrell Jenkins. He escaped prison a few weeks later and made his way to the farm of Cecil Boren, where he shot and killed the Grady man and hid his body in a nearby bayou.

In 2000, Williams was sentenced to death for the murder of Boren

KATV recently sat down with Boren's family who says not only are they ready for the state to carry out Williams execution but they'll be there to witness it.

"It's time that our country become more focused on taking care of the people who are doing the right thing and who live their lives the right way and send a message to society that we will not tolerate this barbaric behavior these men have done," said Cecil's daughter Jodie.

"We just live two miles from the prison, he's still right down there. Every time I go up and down the highway, I know he's there. We are looking forward to this happening so we can put it behind us," said Genie Boren, Cecil's wife of 34 years.

After Williams killed Boren, he stole his pickup truck and several guns, then drove to Missouri where he led police on a high-speed chase where he ultimately hit and killed a Missouri man.

Also, since being in prison, Williams confessed to murdering another person the same day he killed Hurd.

If Williams' execution is carried out, he will be the state's fourth death row inmate to be put to death in one week.

www.katv.com

Grinning Grim Reaper

And the ambulance chasers pull out all the stops...

Death Row Inmate files Two Appeals Before Scheduled Execution

Two appeals have been filed Thursday afternoon with the U.S. Supreme Court on behalf of Arkansas Death Row Inmate Kenneth Williams, who is scheduled to die tonight by lethal injection.

One of the filings requests a Stay of Execution. The other asks for a Writ of Certiorari.

"Mr. Williams respectfully requests from this Court a stay of execution pending consideration of his petition for a writ of certiorari. That petition seeks review in this Court regarding the refusal of the State of Arkansas to provide Mr. Williams a forum to litigate his claim that he is intellectually disabled, and thus categorically ineligible to be put to death," states the request for a stay.  :P

"Kenneth Williams is innocent of the death penalty; he is intellectually disabled and thus categorically ineligible to be put to death. He comes before this Court with three petitions, not because a lower tribunal disagreed that he is innocent of death, but because no court has agreed to hear the merits of his claim," adds the writ.  :P

Earlier Thursday, Williams' attorney filed with the Arkansas Supreme Court an emergency motion for a stay of execution based on a new cruelty claim he filed this morning in the Circuit Court of Pulaski County.  :P

On Thursday afternoon, the office of Attorney General Leslie Rutledge filed an 18-page response asking the court to deny Williams' petition.

Williams has cases pending at circuit, state, and 8th Circuit Court of Appeals, too. As of mid-afternoon Thursday, there were eight total filings awaiting responses.

www.arkansasonline.com

Grinning Grim Reaper

The state of Arkansas executed Kenneth Williams last evening.

Last words and such...

Williams expressed remorse in his final words. "I was more than wrong. The crime I perpetrated against you all was senseless."

In lieu of a last meal he requested and received communion.

Factoids...

Williams was the 4th condemned murderer executed in Arkansas this year and the 31st since executions resumed.
His was the 10th 2017 US execution and the 1452nd since 1976.

The skinny...

Williams' appeals were turned aside by the AR SC, the 8th and SCOTUS on his last day.  The ANTIs and his ambulance chasers were screaming botched execution because he had some involuntary muscle spasms as the midazolam started kicking his ass.  Botched nothing...the lights went out at 11:05 PM CDT.

Up next...

Ronald Phillips is set to be executed in Ohio on May 10 for the 1993 rape, torture and murder of his girlfriend's daughter, three-year-old Sheila Marie Evans.  Ohio should deliver the hot shot right through this slimy scumbag POS's right eye.

Observer

Saying this may seem cruel, but I believe that the method of execution should be the same as what the killer perpetrated on the victim. I could give a rats patootie if the killer experienced any pain! I pales in comparison to what most victims felt and experienced.

Londoner77

It isn't cruel in the slightest.

I also could not care less what.method is used or how painful it is.  The courts need to stop listening to these Namby pamby ambulance chasers who exist only to prevent natural justice.

The Chinese have the right idea as far as I'm concerned.  One appeal then straight out the back for a bullet in the head.

Grinning Grim Reaper

More last words and such...

Williams asked to receive Communion after which he did eat a last meal:  two pieces of fried chicken, barbecue beans, sweet rice, whole kernel corn, stewed seasoned tomatoes, two cinnamon rolls, two cookies, four slices of bread and fruit punch.

Go Up