The Execution Process in Texas...

Started by ScoopD (aka: Pam), March 01, 2007, 01:10:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mo-DAWG

What you fail to mention - AS ALWAYS - is the fear Mr. Horton must have felt when Troy killed him. Also what is never mentioned is the lyrics to the metallica song Troy said in court. And...  Mr. Horton lost his life for how much money? $14 or somewhere in that area? Why is it that some of you Anti's like to glorify the murder with comments of how truthful they are and how nice they are etc. and you never want to mention the crime that put them where they are?

US ANTIS pam? i ve never had any problem naming the crimes the guys on death row committed and you know that... and this metallic thing i dont need to mention since everybody knows what troy sang or recited... no justification but an explaination..a psychotic on drugs who didnt see no wrong in his wrongdoing ... and where the hell do i glorify troy? i jsut said that hes never been a liar..not even on trial or after he got busted ..telling the truth is not glorification pam .. even murderers tell the truth... killing doesnt mean that one is also a liar or doesnt have ANY good in him... YOU pros fail to mention that a dr inmate is more than the criome he committed but prefer to reduce him like he was nothing but this crime ..theres always more to a person like that... and it doesnt justify or condone anything to say so and neither does it mean to overlook the crime that brought them to death row ..... i do see ALL sides ..i see the victims and mvs as well as the inmates .. i dont make differences who i support cuz WHAT i support are human beings no both sides even though one side dehumanized itself by while having committed the act of murder..

so finally stop that generalizing YOU ANTIS bullshit like we all were worshipping groupies or committed a crime by supporting both sides INCL the death row inmate... so dont fucking include me in your generalizations

Mo-DAWG

frankenstien

When I read this topic and the responses, it made my heart very sad.  Pam, I love you like a sister, but what you have said here truly makes me sad, and in some ways hurts. 

ok  I am probably going to regret asking this but why does what I say make you sad and hurt? I only spoke the exact truth. I did not bend it or gloss it over or even try to sensationalize any of it. Just straight up truth. So tell me...................

1.  the picture
2. the bathroom
3. "feeling him"
4.  The star
5.  the words... "They did it.  They killed him!"  

6.  Sharing something very personal to read it as "impersonal"  You don't wear an armor of steel woman, even though you try to portray yourself that way.  Don't forget, I've seen goobers coming out of your nose  ;)

ScoopD (aka: Pam)

Noosh - you need to go back and re-read what I wrote - you seem to enjoy putting words in someones mouth that just wasnt there - I SAID "SOME OF YOU ANTI's" I do not generalize or at least I try not to and this time I definately did not.

And YES a murderer is reduced to his act of taking the life of an INNOCENT human being. ABSOLUTELY!!!!! It doesn't matter the nice things he has done, it does not matter how much he loved his family or they loved him, or how truthful he is. What matters is that justice be done for that final act that makes him a murderer for the remainder of his days here on this earth.

<br /><br />If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine<br /><br />My reason for supporting capital punishment: My cousin 16 yr. old Amanda Greenwell was murdered in March of 2004 at the hands of serial killer Jeremy Bryan Jones.

frankenstien

What you fail to mention - AS ALWAYS - is the fear Mr. Horton must have felt when Troy killed him. Also what is never mentioned is the lyrics to the metallica song Troy said in court. And...  Mr. Horton lost his life for how much money? $14 or somewhere in that area? Why is it that some of you Anti's like to glorify the murder with comments of how truthful they are and how nice they are etc. and you never want to mention the crime that put them where they are?

While I do agree with you that the incident that put them where they are at needs to be remembered, but as you and I know, that people change over the years and some poeple are the same as they were when they were 16 or 17.  While we all "may" have not murdered someone, we can all say that we have done things in our lives that could have put us in prison, we just didn't get caught (or turned ourselves in as a good citizen  ;D) but we can all say that we are not that same person 15 or 20 years ago.  We have grown up. 

Now, I will agree that some of the radical anti's do go over board with the sloppy love puppy kisses, muaw, muaw orgasm type crap.  But I do understand what they are trying to say....  8)

Nope I sure don't wear an armour of steel - in fact I am so much of an emotional type that generally I wear my heart right out there on my sleeve, and everyone knows this, combined with the fact that I am Type 2 Bi-polar you betcha ass I have no armour.   :P

Enough time has passed and I have come to terms with all events that year that I can remove my emotions and speak very candidly about the whole thing. In fact - I use to have on here a post titled "Before becomming a death row pen pal read this" where I spoke very openly about my experiences. I think one of the other admins removed it - I never asked why but I think I will go through and restore it.

For those here who don't know my story here are some details about what Frankie said so you can understand it more:  (gotta warn ya this is gonna be a long post)

1.  the picture: He wrote to me and said he had a special gift for me but would give it to me when he saw me. In visiting my first day he motioned to one of the guards to hand it to me, it was wrapped nicely, and all the other guards in visiting and even some guards not from visiting gathered around both me and him to watch me open it. I did, I looked at him - tears filled my eyes and I was so overcome by emotions that before I could speak a word I had to get up and run into the bathroom sobbing uncontrolably. I had sent him a photo of myself and he took that photo and drew it as a HUGE portrait. I will attach it here for you all to see.
2. the bathroom: mentioned this is previous response.
3. "feeling him": It seemed that he and I could connect or at least shared emotions. Can't explain this one
4.  The star:  I wrote to him about the space station - I called it the brightest star in the sky and use to tell him it was in the sky directly over texas, told him it was watching over him. After he died, when I got home to NY, that night my start had a red twinkling light on it that had never been there before. draw your own conclusions from here.
5.  the words... "They did it.  They killed him!"  I was against the death penalty at the time - I was uneducated desperately sorting through my feelings and I had just witnessed someone I cared for die. Of course that is what I said - who wouldnt feeling the same way?

OK there ya have it...    my heart on my sleeve again.  
<br /><br />If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine<br /><br />My reason for supporting capital punishment: My cousin 16 yr. old Amanda Greenwell was murdered in March of 2004 at the hands of serial killer Jeremy Bryan Jones.

frankenstien

Nope I sure don't wear an armour of steel - in fact I am so much of an emotional type that generally I wear my heart right out there on my sleeve, and everyone knows this, combined with the fact that I am Type 2 Bi-polar you betcha ass I have no armour.   :P

Enough time has passed and I have come to terms with all events that year that I can remove my emotions and speak very candidly about the whole thing. In fact - I use to have on here a post titled "Before becomming a death row pen pal read this" where I spoke very openly about my experiences. I think one of the other admins removed it - I never asked why but I think I will go through and restore it.

For those here who don't know my story here are some details about what Frankie said so you can understand it more:  (gotta warn ya this is gonna be a long post)

1.  the picture: He wrote to me and said he had a special gift for me but would give it to me when he saw me. In visiting my first day he motioned to one of the guards to hand it to me, it was wrapped nicely, and all the other guards in visiting and even some guards not from visiting gathered around both me and him to watch me open it. I did, I looked at him - tears filled my eyes and I was so overcome by emotions that before I could speak a word I had to get up and run into the bathroom sobbing uncontrolably. I had sent him a photo of myself and he took that photo and drew it as a HUGE portrait. I will attach it here for you all to see.
2. the bathroom: mentioned this is previous response.
3. "feeling him": It seemed that he and I could connect or at least shared emotions. Can't explain this one
4.  The star:  I wrote to him about the space station - I called it the brightest star in the sky and use to tell him it was in the sky directly over texas, told him it was watching over him. After he died, when I got home to NY, that night my start had a red twinkling light on it that had never been there before. draw your own conclusions from here.
5.  the words... "They did it.  They killed him!"  I was against the death penalty at the time - I was uneducated desperately sorting through my feelings and I had just witnessed someone I cared for die. Of course that is what I said - who wouldnt feeling the same way?

OK there ya have it...    my heart on my sleeve again.  

It made me sad and hurt because I felt the pain and had to wipe your nose in the bathroom.... It's a hard subject to look at "unemotionally" for me.  You know me, I couldn's say no to anyone.  That's why I get into so much trouble.

frankenstien

that I am Type 2 Bi-polar you betcha ass I have no armour.   :P

Type 2 Bi-polar that doesn't take any meds?  :o

March 03, 2007, 11:09:41 PM Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 11:13:40 PM by Pamee
I use to take trazadone - knocked me out - I was a walking zombie. also took celexa (i think thats what it is called been quite a few years so I dont remember) - and was also on xanax briefly.  (took the celexa and the trazadone along with hypertension meds all at the same time, was a really bad experience that brought me to the point of needing meds back in 2000) I was put on the xanax in 2002 because i was awake for 4 days straight crying uncontrolablely and had not eaten a bite of food in over a week. therapy over the years has taught me how to control my emotions and now I simply back away from any sort of conflict. If an arguement ensues, I run for cover in almost any situation except here online where I feel comfortable to speak my mind.

[(or turned ourselves in as a good citizen  ;D)

ok i have to acknowledge this one - YEP she is referring to me - I did something once - couldnt live with my conscience and went and ratted on myself and it got me 3 months in the county jail.  :D   :D   those are for you Frankie Dearest

Jeff1857

I'm not quite sure where people get this KKK mentality from. According to Tx death row website since the death penalty came back, 188 white - 137 black - 58 Hispanics and 4 considered Other have been executed. Doesn't sound racist to me. I think most of the antis hate Tx because they ACTUALLY use the penalty as intended. With the legislation streamling appeals I am sure there will be an uptick in executions there. Ok and Va are the others that actually use it well. Also, I am sure there are some BAD guards. It's no different in society you have good people and bad people with varying beliefs. There are areas of my city you wouldn't catch me in night or day. That's society of today. I am not sure how my attitude would be if I had to be around 300 plus COLD blooded murderers all day but I do know I wouldn't be holding their hand and coddling them just knowing one slip up might be my life.

Mo-DAWG

Noosh - you need to go back and re-read what I wrote - you seem to enjoy putting words in someones mouth that just wasnt there - I SAID "SOME OF YOU ANTI's" I do not generalize or at least I try not to and this time I definately did not.

And YES a murderer is reduced to his act of taking the life of an INNOCENT human being. ABSOLUTELY!!!!! It doesn't matter the nice things he has done, it does not matter how much he loved his family or they loved him, or how truthful he is. What matters is that justice be done for that final act that makes him a murderer for the remainder of his days here on this earth.

sorry pam ..i just re-read it and have to admit i didnt see the SOME ...my apologies here .. :-*

when i talk about reduction i doint talk about the nice things hes done also..i talk about the reduction as a human being to one single act .. thats what i mean when i say theres more to a human being than that murder ... good or bad ..there IS more to every personality ...maybe not for pros but for people who idnt lose their humanity there is. .. well you once had humanity in you too pam ..

Mo-DAWG

Noosh, I still have it in me, I cried for precious Gaby who passed on thursday. And, even though I have not written to him in well over a year I still think about my other penpal almost daily. I wonder how he is doing, if he is eating right, I wonder how is children are holding up with him on death row, I also wonder how his victims family is holding up as well. Do you know they almost got deported from this country because when he killed one of those men their citizen application died with him? Their saving grace was that an act was passed that surviving victims affect by 9/11 were automatically exempt from deportation or something like that. I don't know how exactly to word it, I would have to look up the actual law that was passed and extended to his victims because it was indirectly related to 9/11. So yes Noosh, I still have humanity in me.   :-*

Eryn Baugh

.. well you once had humanity in you too pam ..

Mo-DAWG

And just exactly what is that supposed to mean?
When a murder is committed, a horrible fate
is thrust upon the victim's family.

The surviving family is unwillingly sentenced to a life of hell...chained to the fate of the person who took their loved ones' lives.  We are counting down the days until our sentence is lifted and we are set free.

March 03, 2007, 11:58:05 PM Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 12:00:54 AM by Pamee
it means because i support the death penalty I no longer have humanity???  I want to hear the answer to this one.

Modified to add: Just because I support the punishment does not mean I do not grieve for all involved.  I wish these people gave us no reason to have to use the death penalty.

Mo-DAWG

Noosh, I still have it in me, I cried for precious Gaby who passed on thursday. And, even though I have not written to him in well over a year I still think about my other penpal almost daily. I wonder how he is doing, if he is eating right, I wonder how is children are holding up with him on death row, I also wonder how his victims family is holding up as well. Do you know they almost got deported from this country because when he killed one of those men their citizen application died with him? Their saving grace was that an act was passed that surviving victims affect by 9/11 were automatically exempt from deportation or something like that. I don't know how exactly to word it, I would have to look up the actual law that was passed and extended to his victims because it was indirectly related to 9/11. So yes Noosh, I still have humanity in me.   :-*

the humanity you had even for those who didnt have any themselves .. you never reduced them to their act way back then ... yes their act HAS to be mentioned and remembered but theres more to themn..you once realized that too ...thats the part of humanity i think you ve lost ... you ve kinda hardened up .. which is never good..i know it too well .. i hardened up when i lived that gang life way back then ... im glad i got rid off that armor and was able to feel real and universal compassion again....

Mo-DAWG
Mo-DAWG
Posted on: March 03, 2007, 07:10:55 PM

.. well you once had humanity in you too pam ..

Mo-DAWG

And just exactly what is that supposed to mean?

eryn ..to avoid misunderstandings here please read what i replied to pam ..

Mo-DAWG

Go Up