Former SC death row inmate now up for parole

Started by StephenKing, October 20, 2010, 01:58:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

StephenKing

Associated Press - October 20, 2010 4:15 AM ET

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - The man who spent more time on South Carolina's death row than any other current inmate could soon be set free.

The state Parole Board is hearing a request Wednesday from 51-year-old Edward Lee Elmore.

Earlier this year, a judge ruled Elmore mentally unfit to be executed. In April, another judge sentenced him to life in prison with the possibility of parole.

Elmore had been on death row since 1982, when he was convicted of the murder of Dorothy Edwards. The 75-year-widow had been stabbed 52 times when she was found inside a bedroom closet at her Greenwood home, with 11 broken ribs, head wounds and lacerated organs.

Elmore is also appealing his case in federal court. His attorney says Elmore is nervous about life outside prison.
My reason for supporting the death penalty. My coworker, Quincey Allen, shot and killed my friend Jed Harr while shooting at my roommate/friend/expectant father, Brian Marquis, and then tried to burn down my house. Quincey then went on a killing spree because he wanted to be famous.

StephenKing

Mentally unfit to be executed?!?!?! Seriously? I am sorry but a menace to society is a menace to society no matter the mental state. And to be setting him loose on society again? What is wrong with these people? Can't they see the danger they are putting our community in here? What would posses a judge to set a convicted murderer free due to his mental state? If they murdered somebody AND they have a metal state issue that to me means that this  person is doubly dangerous and needs to be put down!  >:(
My reason for supporting the death penalty. My coworker, Quincey Allen, shot and killed my friend Jed Harr while shooting at my roommate/friend/expectant father, Brian Marquis, and then tried to burn down my house. Quincey then went on a killing spree because he wanted to be famous.

Gregg Fisher

Mentally unfit to be executed?!?!?! Seriously? I am sorry but a menace to society is a menace to society no matter the mental state. And to be setting him loose on society again? What is wrong with these people? Can't they see the danger they are putting our community in here? What would posses a judge to set a convicted murderer free due to his mental state? If they murdered somebody AND they have a metal state issue that to me means that this  person is doubly dangerous and needs to be put down!  >:(

If he is mentally unfit, what is going to stop him from re-offending?  The antis were having kittens over this a while back because they demanded that he be found innocent - not just have his death sentence reversed.   He's also a favorite of the weenies. 

Parole boards expect prisoners to take responsibility for their crimes. He hasn't. They also expect them to not re-offend. How can he not if he is mentally retarded and has previously raped and murdered?  NC is nuts but SC is not.

Russki

Simple! Remove his brain and then parole him

Frenchy
Bombs do not choose. They will hit everything   ... Nikita Khrushchev

I once said, "We will bury you," and I got into trouble with it. Of course we will not bury you with a shovel. Your own working class will bury you.  ... Nikita Khrushchev

StephenKing

True Greg I guess he does have to pass thru the parole board to be set free. And there is a good chance he wont make it thru that.....still. It burns me up that he is still alive and has a possibilty to be free.

And Frenchy I completely agree.

Go Up