Opponents of MT death penalty sponsoring events

Started by Michael, February 23, 2009, 02:18:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Michael

Supporters of a bill to abolish the death penalty in Montana are sponsoring two events here this week, including a showing of the movie "The Green Mile" hosted by actors James Cromwell and Mike Farrell.

"The Green Mile," a 1999 film about a wrongly-convicted death row inmate in a Southern prison, will be shown 7 p.m. Tuesday at Carroll College. The movie stars Tom Hanks and Cromwell, who plays the prison's warden.

Farrell, best known for his role as Dr. B.J. Hunnicutt on the television series "M*A*S*H," is a longtime activist against the death penalty.

The Montana Abolition Coalition also is holding an "action day" at the Capitol Wednesday, where it will encourage people to come to the Legislature to talk to their representatives about the death penalty.

The coalition is lobbying for Senate Bill 236, which would abolish the death penalty in Montana and replace it with life-in-prison without parole. The measure has passed the state Senate and is now before the House. It has yet to have an initial hearing before the House Judiciary Committee.

http://www.helenair.com/articles/2009/02/22/legi/91st_090222_events.txt
I´m not sure if there´s a hell, but I believe in executed murderers.

Granny B

February 24, 2009, 06:02:39 PM Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 07:59:48 PM by Grandmother of Brandon
They would do well to remember that the "Green Mile" was not only fiction but FANTASY as well, by Stephen King who is a death penaltly opponent, though he sure kills off a lot of people in his books. ;D ;D ;D

They would be hard pressed to point out any innocent people who have been executed.
" Closure? Closure is a misused word in the English language.  There is no such thing as closure for the family of a murder victim.  There will never be any closure for the death of our loved ones until we are dead ourselves.  The families have a lifetime sentence of anguish and sadness." 
Susan Levy

Michael

GoB you know they´re dreamers and they can´t differ between reality and fiction.  ;)

Michael
I´m not sure if there´s a hell, but I believe in executed murderers.

Granny B

GoB you know they´re dreamers and they can´t differ between reality and fiction.  ;)

Michael

I remember when he debuted his acting in soap operas in the 60's, till they finally got sick of him and killed him off the show.  All that play acting has made Mike Farrell soft in the head.  :P 

He has stuck his long nose in quite a few execution cases, where it did not belong.  I have heard a few blurbs he has done for the anti dp side of the coin, but could not stand to listen to all of that drivel.   :D

And to think, I used to really like him as B.J. on MASH! ;)
" Closure? Closure is a misused word in the English language.  There is no such thing as closure for the family of a murder victim.  There will never be any closure for the death of our loved ones until we are dead ourselves.  The families have a lifetime sentence of anguish and sadness." 
Susan Levy

Go Up