Mark James Asay - FL - 3/17/16

Started by Grinning Grim Reaper, January 11, 2016, 03:21:32 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Grinning Grim Reaper

Execution Set for Man Convicted of Jacksonville Murders

A death row inmate who murdered two men in downtown Jacksonville 29 years ago is scheduled to be executed on St. Patrick's Day.

Gov. Rick Scott on Friday signed a death warrant for 51-year-old Mark Asay for the murders of Robert Lee Booker and Robert McDowell.

Asay was drinking with friends, and they decided to look for prostitutes after the bar closed. One of Asay's friends was asking Booker about where to find prostitutes when Asay called Booker a racial epithet and shot him in the stomach. Booker ran off and was letter found dead.

Asay and a friend continued looking for prostitutes and agreed to pay McDowell, who was dressed as a woman, for oral sex. But Asay then shot McDowell six times.

www.nbcmiami.com

How about some corned beef and cabbage for a last meal scumbag?   8)
Vengence is mine saith the Lord...who are we to question the instruments used to carry it out?

turboprinz

January 21, 2016, 05:23:37 AM Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 06:27:06 AM by turboprinz
give the scumbag a face...
I apologize for my not perfect English. Hopefully you understand what I mean. If not - ask me. I will try to explain.

Grinning Grim Reaper

Florida's high court delays execution of convicted killer

TALLAHASSEE, Florida -- Florida's high court has delayed the execution of a convicted killer while lawmakers determine how to change the state's death penalty sentencing system to comply with a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that found it unconstitutional.

The Florida Supreme Court on Wednesday stayed the March 17 execution of Mark Asay, a Jacksonville man sentenced to death in 1987 for murdering two men.

Asay's is the second scheduled execution to be halted since the January ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court.

The U.S. Supreme Court found that Florida's method of sentencing people to death is flawed because it allows judges to reach a different conclusion than juries.

Florida legislators are working on a new death penalty law that would require at least 10 out of 12 jurors to recommend execution.

www.therepublic.com
Vengence is mine saith the Lord...who are we to question the instruments used to carry it out?

Go Up