NC Lethal Injection Battle

Started by Jeff1857, March 07, 2007, 12:47:14 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Moh

Well, I guess I'm consistently pro-death then since I'm pro-choice and pro-capital punishment.

JT

Discussing abortion on here is always a raw topic, and probably not germane to the lethal injection issue in North Carolina...
JT's Ridiculous Quote of the Century:
"I'm disgusted with the State for even putting me in this position."
-- Reginald Blanton, Texas death row.  As of October 27, 2009, Reggie's position has been in a coffin.

Moh

You're right. It shouldn't have been brought up in the first place.

facethemusic

Discussing abortion on here is always a raw topic, and probably not germane to the lethal injection issue in North Carolina...

Actually it is germane since the medical board is trying to pull a talk out of the side of their mouth fast one on this. They should not be allowed to do that. If they want to bitch about lethal injection being against their ethics then they need to re-read the Hippocratic oath one good time and come to grips with how they have no "ethical" ground to stand on when they dare to squawk about that.

On another front if NC really wanted to execute those prisoners. Outsource them to another state that has capital punishment and pay that state the cost to execute them. Make it a conga line of executions to clear the row of the vermin needing to meet there maker in the hereafter and explain themselves. The death sentence is just an expediter to send these vermin to hell in the end anyhow.

It just makes me fumed beyond words when the NC medical board tries to pull a fast one like this.

Rick4404

I doubt that it would be legal for North Carolina to outsource their executions to another state. It appears to me, strictly from a layman's opinion, that North Carolina would have to carry out its executions in North Carolina.

I would also fault North Carolina's Legislature here. They could simply enact legislation which specifically enshrines in the law that an execution is not to be construed or defined as the practice of medicine or pharmacology. Many other states have done just that. This would let the medical profession off the hook, in my opinion.

Go Up