Applying for a job...

Started by Cat Burke, September 20, 2012, 10:15:59 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Cat Burke

Anyone have advice...

I am going in for a job interview tomorrow.  Besides the fact that I'm a wreck  :'( , we learned today my husbands unemployment has run out.  So I really need this job  :-X !  Do I - tell them the truth of who I am, and what happened?  Or do I - pretend to just be a person, and not bring up my personal life...  If they google my name, the most horrific stories and images come up!  If they google my address, all the murder articles pop up!

What do you think, anyone here have a story of how they got a job after MURDER?
I could surely use the advice.
Thank you,
Cat Burke
I now exist beyond my own death.  We were Once the Burke's.  Now, we are all lost to this life!

Dilligaf

My advice is to be yourself, who you are, not what this is currently making you.  We change throughout our lives, but our basic essence does not.  You are corrrect that if searched, your situation will come out.  But, by talking about it in a first interview, that will be what is remembered, not any of the skills you possess.  Best of luck to you....

Kitten Resq

Cat,

I completely agree with the advice that Dilly has given you.  If you get the job, you may want to take your boss into your confidence in a month or so and let him/her know that you may need time off for court appearances - if they ask for what, then you can explain the situation.
Some people say I'm a horrible person, but it's not true!  I have the heart of an innocent girl....in a jar, on my desk

Victims have a dignitary interest in justice and vindication without interminable delay caused by guilty prisoners' attempts to stave off punishment.

Cat Burke

Thank you.  It's just difficult, because we live in such a small community...  And Saskia's murder, and the Death Penalty case are big news in our small town.  So scared, that I will be recognized, as both my photo and name have been in our local paper so often.  It makes me feel, well, I don't know who I am anymore.  And the reactions I get when people DO recognize me?  I guess I'm just scared.  So, thank you.  I will try being just a person.
I now exist beyond my own death.  We were Once the Burke's.  Now, we are all lost to this life!

Kitten Resq

Cat,

The new job got your resume and they know your name already.  Don't fear being recognized, take it as a compliment that they know who you are and what you went through - you will find that the new job will become something good for you and your family.
Some people say I'm a horrible person, but it's not true!  I have the heart of an innocent girl....in a jar, on my desk

Victims have a dignitary interest in justice and vindication without interminable delay caused by guilty prisoners' attempts to stave off punishment.

Michael

Hi Cat. I hope your interview was a success. My very best wishes.  :-*
I´m not sure if there´s a hell, but I believe in executed murderers.

Granny B

Thank you.  It's just difficult, because we live in such a small community...  And Saskia's murder, and the Death Penalty case are big news in our small town.  So scared, that I will be recognized, as both my photo and name have been in our local paper so often.  It makes me feel, well, I don't know who I am anymore.  And the reactions I get when people DO recognize me?  I guess I'm just scared.  So, thank you.  I will try being just a person.

Cat, when I applied for this job, the interviewer already knew who I was, and what we had been through, though I did not know it at first.  We also live in a small community. 

He interviewed me first, then we talked about the case.  Our interview lasted about 2 hours.  I did not go into specifics, just generalities on the case.  But if your interviewer brings it up, then it is okay to discuss some, but try to keep to generalities about it.  Later they ask specifics, but if you don't feel like talking about it, don't.

Some people are curious, and others are just looking for something to gossip about it.  You can get a feel for that when you speak to people.  You will know the difference.  It's up to you to decide which.

I went into a line of work, that fit well with victim services.
" Closure? Closure is a misused word in the English language.  There is no such thing as closure for the family of a murder victim.  There will never be any closure for the death of our loved ones until we are dead ourselves.  The families have a lifetime sentence of anguish and sadness." 
Susan Levy

AnneTheBelgian

Dear Catherine,

Stay strong :-*

I continue to pray for you :-*

God bless you :-*

Courage and Strength with you  :-*

:-* :-*

Anne
"DEATH PENALTY OPPONENTS WHO TWIST THE TRUTH TO PROTECT KILLERS ARE ALSO TORTURING VICTIMS FAMILIES" (PETER BRONSON, CINCINNATI ENQUIRER,FEBRUARY 3, 2003)

PRO DEATH PENALTY AND PROUD OF IT !!!

JE MAINTIENDRAI (MOTTO OF WILLIAM I THE SILENT, PRINCE OF ORANGE, 1533 - 1584, MOTTO OF THE NETHERLANDS)

DEO JUVANTE (MOTTO OF THE PRINCIPALITY OF MONACO)

PROUD TO BE BELGIAN !!! I LOVE MY KINGDOM !!!

Go Up