Illinois Death Penalty News

Started by Jeff1857, February 12, 2008, 05:23:44 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

JTiscool

The rightness of that decision is more clear than ever. Violent crime rates have not climbed. The public is no less safe. And the pursuit of justice has been served, not undermined.

Except you know, that poor woman who was stalked and gunned down in her work parking lot  ::)
My reason for supporting the death penalty? A murderer has less of a right to live than his victim and already presents a danger while incarcerated for life. They have nothing to lose when the most they can get is Life in prison without parole.

Angelstorms OL'Man

So let me get this right. If you use a gun to Murder someone You get 45 years with a chance? But if you don't use a gun you get life with no chance? Sounds F-ed up to me. Murder is murder. But to Execute some thing well folks that is not even close to murder, nor is it even close to killing. Let's get that straight right now.

And if they have had so many so-called innocent people sent to death row. Would one not ask Whats going on here with the police and DA. They are the ones messing up. And wasting money. One can only conclude most got off death row due to whoops we forgot to feed you on time, or we lost the Miranda rights proof. That means they are guilty as sin but NO one dotted all there I's and crossed all there T's.

Even without the death penalty, Illinois law provides severe punishment for convicted murderers. Many murders require a mandatory sentence of life without parole. And any murder committed with a firearm calls for a minimum sentence of 45 years in prison, with no credit for good behavior.
This was designed to hurt....Its a SEAL Candace unless you have been there yo will never understand...

Go Up