AG Seeks Execution Date For Convicted Ottawa County Murderer

Started by ScoopD (aka: Pam), October 04, 2011, 01:14:54 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ScoopD (aka: Pam)

Oklahoma City -

A 49-year-old convicted murderer is closer to execution after Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt requested that an execution date be scheduled.

Pruitt requested a date from the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals Monday in the case of Gary Roland Welch.

Welch was sentenced to death after being convicted of first-degree murder in the 1994 stabbing death of Robert Dean Hardcastle in Ottawa County.

Prosecutors said Welch and another man, Claudie Conover, held Hardcastle down and repeatedly stabbed him with a knife and a broken beer bottle.

Conover was twice sentenced to death, but was given a life without parole sentence at a third re-sentencing hearing.

Pruitt has asked the court to schedule Welch's execution within the next sixty days.

source: http://www.ktul.com/story/15607347/ag-seeks-execution-date-for-convicted-ottawa-county-murderer
<br /><br />If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine<br /><br />My reason for supporting capital punishment: My cousin 16 yr. old Amanda Greenwell was murdered in March of 2004 at the hands of serial killer Jeremy Bryan Jones.

ggbop

Wow, bet he has no scumpals ;D
Genesis 9:6
"Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man. "

Go Up