Is Ohio Keeping Another Innocent Man on Death Row?

Started by Yorki3, February 01, 2012, 09:46:43 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

loulou.

that wasnt meant as a compliment yorki, you read something and just believe it and quote it.

Henrik - Sweden

Yorki: Even as an anti myself I don't understand the argument regarding DNA-testing in the case of Hank Skinner. As far as I know a basic principle in most legal systems is that you cannot use evidence later on in the appealing process that were known and available at the trial but for some reason wasn't used by the defence. What Skinner tries to do is creating a false association with those cases were DNA-tests weren't available at the time of the trial for some reason and where we all know that a couple of inmates have been exonerated after DNA-tests. But DNA-testing was available at Skinner's trial and the evidence he now wants to DNA-test were also available. It was he himself who chosed to don't use them (Geeez I wonder why..  ::) ) As much as I am against the DP as a legal way of killing people I cannot see on what grounds he shall be allowed to have this testing performed. It's just a delay tactics, even if most of Skinner's supporters fail to understand that.

ALgirl

Yorki, I mostly keep to myself and don't often feel that i have much to add, but good Lord, you make me tired. 

*heading back to my corner now*

Angelstorms OL'Man

Yorki.

Objection.

accused fails to answer. 

Yorki You can't ever answer a question.

To be honest. When you  talk, it sounds like the teacher on Charlie Brown.  Bla BBla Blaa. 

Now Refer to the posted pic. For what I think of you, and your rederick.  You shell now be referred to by me as, MommsTalkin_out_her_azz.

Thank you for reenforcing why Prisons should be ran like a dog pound.
This was designed to hurt....Its a SEAL Candace unless you have been there yo will never understand...

JeffB

It's all part of her charm...   ;)

Coming from the gentlemen who's forum moto is 'Does this rag smell of Chloroform' - i rest my case your honour.

You have to have MADE a case in order to REST it.    ::)

Yorky, I'm afraid you're a poor solicitor...    :-[ 

"SO SUCK IT YOU "BLUE COOLER" DOPE!"  -  Sylar24

ScoopD (aka: Pam)

OMG Jeff....     This is off topic but Yorki inspired me to look at your signature line.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I really need to be here more often.  I miss all the fun!
<br /><br />If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine<br /><br />My reason for supporting capital punishment: My cousin 16 yr. old Amanda Greenwell was murdered in March of 2004 at the hands of serial killer Jeremy Bryan Jones.

time2prtee

February 02, 2012, 10:12:17 PM Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 11:29:18 PM by time2prtee
Pretending to be Frenchy...

I think Yorki and Sylar should get married...maybe a nice Muslim ceremony perhaps...

Ok Back to being Lee again  ;)
"Indeed, the decision that capital punishment may be the appropriate sanction in extreme cases is an expression of the community's belief that certain crimes are themselves so grievous an affront to humanity that the only adequate response may be the penalty of death."  SCOTUS

Peace and Comfort to all Victims and Families

Granny B

OMG Jeff....     This is off topic but Yorki inspired me to look at your signature line.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I really need to be here more often.  I miss all the fun!

Yep, but I would bet the yapping yorki never figured out it was from the Casey Anthony case.  Of course, since she/he/it seems to be so up to date on American cases you would have thought she would have known that! ;)
" Closure? Closure is a misused word in the English language.  There is no such thing as closure for the family of a murder victim.  There will never be any closure for the death of our loved ones until we are dead ourselves.  The families have a lifetime sentence of anguish and sadness." 
Susan Levy

time2prtee

Yorki: Even as an anti myself I don't understand the argument regarding DNA-testing in the case of Hank Skinner.

Henrik, that is because you are not delusional. We disagree about the ultimate demise of these folks, but you certainly have a reasoned approach to crime and cases....I think we need to define 2 separate species of Anti's, they are certainly different.

(I'm being nice, even if you wouldn't date a chick from an international DP site... ;))
;D ;D ;D ;D

"Indeed, the decision that capital punishment may be the appropriate sanction in extreme cases is an expression of the community's belief that certain crimes are themselves so grievous an affront to humanity that the only adequate response may be the penalty of death."  SCOTUS

Peace and Comfort to all Victims and Families

J - Dog

February 03, 2012, 03:06:02 AM Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 03:07:35 AM by J - Dog
 Normal Anti's and Pro's on this site share good insight and offer up relaxing interaction.  There is no hostility it would seem.  However, for some remarkable reason, Yorki, you exhibit what I would consider a non-position and you debate with yourself. 
You said you were for the DP when you were a youngster, but have looked to find the truth about why people seek death as an option.  You came to this site because it is one of the few real places on-line that you can actually find real people who talk about DP daily.  Many here have had loved ones stolen from them, have had their lives shattered FOREVER.  That pain does not go away, and people have the right to feel the way they do.  It is their RIGHT, and a personal choice. 

Are you seeking assistance to help with your moral compass?  You seem to seek a reason as to why people who are for the Death Penalty feel the way we do, yet you don't seem to like the responses you receive.  I think it is quite clear. Yorkie, before you yap yap away.  Start by reading about the murderers and how sick and sadistic they are.  They are EVIL  bastards.  They are not human, they are completely lost to society.   They destroy people's lives emotionally.  They destroy what humanity is about and for that we make them disappear, the guilty and diseased.

Do you have a family or kids?  Go read about the violence and torture they inflict upon the innocent and then ask yourself; what if that was my family?  What if I had to wake up and live that life, you cannot know that kind of pain.  Start thinking about the victims first, not the murderer.  If you want to forgive them and coddle them or help give legal advice, go for it.  There are sites and people just like you that could debate with a rock.

You talk about the "potential" for mistakes to happen in court/trial.  Really? Hold on to your hat, there is a wind blowing your way.   Yorkie there is potential in everything, even you.  It is how Justice moves forward that makes for right, makes for finality, makes for the better.   We are giving them the easy way out.  How would you feel if someone was trying to kill you, rape you, burn you alive, torment you, inflict pain, smash your damn head in, until you are dead.   What would you say from your grave, nothing because you be dead.   Sorry, but f^ck.   Murderers are just garbage.

Why should they live, Yorkie, I mean really, just ask yourself are they redeemable?  I think you already know the answer.  You just will not admit that some people will not view the world as you do, and for that I am glad.  You are an advocate of change clearly, but I think you are in the wrong place, maybe you are hoping someone will anonymously read your posts and silently agree with you.  Great if they do, great if they don't.  I could care less if you even read my post, honestly.   

I just hope you do find safe passage in gentler waters, because the storm has passed and your ship sunk to the bottom of the Atlantic.  God speed to you.

I will part with a photo, like it or don't, I thought you might get a laugh.
"No fear little my little murderous friend, I am on your side, let's get close and personal" - Wonder Yorkie!

"I don't aim ta scare" - Jonah Hex

JTiscool

I have never rolled my eyes harder in my entire life  ::)
My reason for supporting the death penalty? A murderer has less of a right to live than his victim and already presents a danger while incarcerated for life. They have nothing to lose when the most they can get is Life in prison without parole.

Russki

February 04, 2012, 07:09:55 AM Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 07:47:47 AM by Frenchy
quoting Yorki 

"Secondly, where have I have ever mentioned Troy Davis??? Please Copy and Paste MY post relating to Mr Davies."

Yorki, I think that you must be suffering from early signs of dementia. Seek medical help immediately.

From your first post on this subject:-

"Is Ohio Keeping Another Innocent Man on Death Row?

Instead of searching for the truth, the state is going to absurd lengths to defend a dubious death sentence.
Last year, the execution of Troy Davis captured most of the attention, and generated most of the debate, on the topic of capital punishment in America. Davis was put to death by lethal injection in Georgia three quarters of the way through a year that saw  a general decline in support for (and implementation of) the death penalty. This year, just a few weeks in, there's an early candidate for such a spotlight: a death row inmate in Ohio whose case raises many of the same questions about fair trials and justice that surrounded the Davis case.

I might be old but not yet gaga

but what do I know?

Bombs do not choose. They will hit everything   ... Nikita Khrushchev

I once said, "We will bury you," and I got into trouble with it. Of course we will not bury you with a shovel. Your own working class will bury you.  ... Nikita Khrushchev

Go Up