A Look at Other Inmates on Military Death Row

Started by turboprinz, August 28, 2013, 07:24:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

turboprinz

August 28, 2013

Maj. Nidal Hasan was sentenced to death Wednesday for the 2009 mass shooting at Fort Hood, Texas. He will now join five other inmates who are on military death row at Fort Leavenworth, Kan. None of the five are close to an execution date, and one of the inmates could have his sentence commuted to life in prison. The military courts system has not executed an active-duty soldier since 1961.

Here is a look at inmates currently on death row:

-- Ronald A. Gray, convicted in April 1988 of several murders and rapes while stationed at Fort Bragg, N.C.

-- Dwight J. Loving, convicted in April 1989 of killing two cab drivers while stationed at Fort Hood.

-- Hasan K. Akbar, convicted in May 2005 of attacking fellow soldiers in Kuwait, killing two, during the invasion of Iraq.

-- Andrew Witt, convicted in October 2005 of killing a fellow airman and his wife at their home at Robins Air Force Base in Georgia. An appeals court ordered his case reopened earlier this month.

-- Timothy Hennis, convicted in April 2010 of killing a North Carolina mother and her two children a quarter-century earlier.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/inmates-military-death-row-20098579
I apologize for my not perfect English. Hopefully you understand what I mean. If not - ask me. I will try to explain.

63Wildcat

It takes a president to sign the execution order. Not one has had the balls to do it. This one won't either. Bush did, it's still at the supreme court.
"..the death of any public servant or innocent is a tragedy... the death of a murderer is a mere statistic..."  -63Wildcat

AS OF TOMORROW I'M TURNING GRAVITY OFF...

Angelstorms OL'Man

President Hirschkorn will clear death row in all fifty state's in 24 hours. I will use inmate labor to dig 2300 12 foot deep by 4 foot wide holes. I will use Cal. .45 S&W hand gun's. And I will execute all 2300 my self.

Lee or some one make me a campaign poster.
This was designed to hurt....Its a SEAL Candace unless you have been there yo will never understand...

Grinning Grim Reaper

Hey K...from the looks of your latest posts you were hitting the cocktails pretty good yesterday!  ;D
Vengence is mine saith the Lord...who are we to question the instruments used to carry it out?

ScoopD (aka: Pam)

President Hirschkorn   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

you got my vote.  8)
<br /><br />If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine<br /><br />My reason for supporting capital punishment: My cousin 16 yr. old Amanda Greenwell was murdered in March of 2004 at the hands of serial killer Jeremy Bryan Jones.

Angelstorms OL'Man

Long Island Ice Tea. and having some fun. I found a new band that has at least 1 song I like. That on top of moving has left me brain dead. LoL Rachel and Pam both dumped me,  ;D.  :'( But I am starting fall term at school on the 30th of sept. So all will be just peachy. OK gonna unpack some more and get ready to play Habib
This was designed to hurt....Its a SEAL Candace unless you have been there yo will never understand...

Grinning Grim Reaper

I'm surprised you are still alive...  ;D

Long Island Iced Tea

The Long Island Iced Tea (LIIT) is the basis of many elaborate mixed-drinks. It dates to the 70's, named after the continental USA's largest island Long Island, in New York. Although it doesn't contain tea, it's taste and appearance is similar. The drink sits in the top 5 of most popular cocktails and is regularly mentioned or seen served in television and films (worthy mentions are The Simpsons, Sex and the City and Cruel Intentions).

1 part vodka
1 part tequila
1 part rum
1 part gin
1 part triple sec
1 1/2 parts sweet and sour mix
1 splash Coca-ColaŽ

Mix ingredients together over ice in a glass. Pour into a shaker and give one brisk shake. Pour back into the glass and make sure there is a touch of fizz at the top. Garnish with lemon.

I much prefer a straight up dry Beefeater gin martini stirred not shaken with one pimento stuffed olive.  8)
Vengence is mine saith the Lord...who are we to question the instruments used to carry it out?

Long Island Iced Tea use to be my drink of choice.   For many years now I am a good girl and just on the rare occasion sip on my Malibu Baybreezes...    i know, boring!!!!!   :-X

PS  Kevin Darlin I didn't dump you, I dumped all of facebook!!  lol  but i reactivated it today, just not sure for how long.   LOL  ;D
<br /><br />If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine<br /><br />My reason for supporting capital punishment: My cousin 16 yr. old Amanda Greenwell was murdered in March of 2004 at the hands of serial killer Jeremy Bryan Jones.

Angelstorms OL'Man

Its cool I still have ur number. Besides we have a trip to Alaska to plan for ya.

time2prtee

President Hirschkorn will clear death row in all fifty state's in 24 hours. I will use inmate labor to dig 2300 12 foot deep by 4 foot wide holes. I will use Cal. .45 S&W hand gun's. And I will execute all 2300 my self.

Lee or some one make me a campaign poster.

I think you mean Papastalking, he is the genius with photoshop (The chinese restaurant pics for the executions)  ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Indeed, the decision that capital punishment may be the appropriate sanction in extreme cases is an expression of the community's belief that certain crimes are themselves so grievous an affront to humanity that the only adequate response may be the penalty of death."  SCOTUS

Peace and Comfort to all Victims and Families

OMG   Those pictures were the best!!!!!!!!   Seany makes some funny stuff.   ;D

time2prtee

I'm surprised you are still alive...  ;D

Long Island Iced Tea

The Long Island Iced Tea (LIIT) is the basis of many elaborate mixed-drinks. It dates to the 70's, named after the continental USA's largest island Long Island, in New York. Although it doesn't contain tea, it's taste and appearance is similar. The drink sits in the top 5 of most popular cocktails and is regularly mentioned or seen served in television and films (worthy mentions are The Simpsons, Sex and the City and Cruel Intentions)
1 part vodka
1 part tequila
1 part rum
1 part gin
1 part triple sec
1 1/2 parts sweet and sour mix
1 splash Coca-ColaŽ

Mix ingredients together over ice in a glass. Pour into a shaker and give one brisk shake. Pour back into the glass and make sure there is a touch of fizz at the top. Garnish with lemon.

I much prefer a straight up dry Beefeater gin martini stirred not shaken with one pimento stuffed olive.  8)

Can't do a photoshop Chinese board, but can do a mean Long Island Iced Tea! I guess we all have our talents!
"Indeed, the decision that capital punishment may be the appropriate sanction in extreme cases is an expression of the community's belief that certain crimes are themselves so grievous an affront to humanity that the only adequate response may be the penalty of death."  SCOTUS

Peace and Comfort to all Victims and Families

Go Up