Kentucky Death Penalty News

Started by Jeff1857, April 16, 2008, 10:50:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

turboprinz

Death row inmate asking high court to review case
November 29, 2014

FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) -- A Kentucky death row inmate is asking the state Supreme Court to review his conviction in a 1985 slaying that left a woman dead and her father injured.

Earlier this month, the justices granted for 64-year-old Roger Dale Epperson the right to file his appeal as a pauper.

A jury convicted Epperson and a co-defendant, 63-year-old Benny Lee Hodge, of attacking Tammy Acker and the attack on her father, Dr. Roscoe Acker, in the Fleming-Neon community of Letcher County. The group stole more than $2 million. Dr. Acker survived a strangulation attempt. Tammy Acker was more than a dozen times with a knife. She was a college student due to return to school.

Another co-defendant, 56-year-old Donald Terry Bartley, pleaded guilty to playing a role in the 1985 slaying.

http://www.bgdailynews.com/news/state/death-row-inmate-asking-high-court-to-review-case/article_473e2ade-6167-53ae-8a9c-e5e36e0fe633.html
I apologize for my not perfect English. Hopefully you understand what I mean. If not - ask me. I will try to explain.

turboprinz

Kentucky death row inmate dies
03/23/2015

LAGRANGE, Ky. (AP) -- A Kentucky death row inmate involved in a lawsuit against the state over how executions are carried out has died.

A statement from the Kentucky Department of Corrections says Thomas Clyde Bowling died Saturday due to "complications stemming from cancer." He was 62. Fords Jpg 2 DN Blank rail NEWS short

Bowling was convicted of fatally shooting Eddie and Tina Earley and injuring their 2-year-old son outside the Lexington dry cleaning business they owned in 1990. A jury sentenced him to death in 1991.

http://www.corrections.com/news/article/39250-kentucky-death-row-inmate-dies
I apologize for my not perfect English. Hopefully you understand what I mean. If not - ask me. I will try to explain.

Grinning Grim Reaper

Bill to abolish death penalty in Kentucky fails in House committee

Posted: Mar 09, 2016 1:15 PM CST

FRANKFORT, KY (AP) - A bill aimed at abolishing the death penalty in Kentucky has been defeated by a House committee.

The measure proposed replacing the death penalty with life in prison without parole. It stalled Wednesday when it failed to muster enough support in the House Judiciary Committee.

Death penalty opponents said the hearing represented progress in their campaign to end capital punishment.

A former prosecutor and a former judge condemned the death penalty during the hearing. They pointed to the millions of dollars spent to prosecute and defend death penalty cases during years of appeals. They said the system sometimes puts innocent people on death row.

The bill's opponents said the death penalty should be an option. Rep. Johnny Bell said convicted murders should feel "the same terror and dread" as victims. And the people said amen

www.wpsdlocal6.com
Vengence is mine saith the Lord...who are we to question the instruments used to carry it out?

Go Up