Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - StephenKing


BAMBERG, SC (WIS) - A Bamberg County man who cursed the family of a 19-year-old store clerk he shot and killed has been sentenced to life in prison without parole.

Michael Daniels was sentenced in Bamberg on Monday after pleading guilty to murder and two counts of attempted murder.

Daniels went into an Olar convenience store Nov. 1 and killed Alicia Dyches and wounded another employee and a customer.

Authorities say Dyches' father said Daniels harassed his daughter in the weeks before the killing.

Daniels screamed profanities at members of Dyches' family during a November 2010 bond hearing.

When Dyches' sister broke down in court on November 3, and wailed, "I hope he pays," Daniels responded by yelling "F--- you!" and repeated the insult. The judge denied him bond.

Days after that outburst, authorities put Daniels under observation after he slashed his throat with a broken light bulb.

LEXINGTON COUNTY, SC (WIS) - A Midlands father will spend the rest of his life in prison after being convicted of killing his baby in 2010.

19-year-old Lexie Dial III of Gaston was sentenced to life behind bars Tuesday morning in a Lexington County courtroom.

Dial's 5-month-old son, Joshua, died in January 2010 while the child was under his care.

Investigators concluded that Dial shook the child so hard that the baby almost immediately lost consciousness and suffered severe brain trauma. The infant later died at Palmetto Richland Hospital.

Dial told deputies that he and the baby fell when he tripped over some clutter in their home while he and his girlfriend were preparing to move.

The story didn't fit the injuries doctors found on the baby.

Ok this is almost hilarious in a sad way...but not quite.....I've hated this nutjob since she tarnished the name of the Duke Lacrosse team trying to get money out of them. (Not that I care about Lacrosse but I do love Duke.) And to find out she almost killed her three children and now has killed a man. Fry this Crazy Bitch!  :(-----------

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) -- The woman who falsely accused three Duke lacrosse players of raping her was charged Monday with murder in the death of her boyfriend.

A Durham County grand jury indicted Crystal Mangum on a charge of first-degree murder and two counts of larceny. She has been in jail since an April 3 incident that initially led police to charge her with assault in the stabbing 46-year-old Reginald Daye. He died after nearly two weeks at a local hospital.

An attorney for Mangum and officials in the district attorney's office did not immediately return calls seeking comment.

Mangum falsely accused the lacrosse players of raping her at a 2006 party at which she was hired to perform as a stripper. The case heightened long-standing tensions in Durham about race, class and the privileged status of college athletes.

Prosecutors declined to press charges for the false accusations, but Mangum's bizarre legal troubles have continued. Last year, she was convicted on misdemeanor charges after setting a fire that nearly torched her home with her three children inside.

Michael Woodmansee was convicted of murder and sentenced to 40 years in prison in 1983 for the killing of 5-year-old Jason Foreman.

To the fury of Foreman's father, Woodmansee, who is now 52, is set to be released from prison in August, 12 years before his prison sentence is complete. He is getting out early for good behavior.

The prospect of an early release has enraged John Foreman, Jason's father.

"I will kill him if he is released," John Foreman told a radio interviewer at ABC News radio affiliate WPRO in Providence this week. "The man is a monster."

Jason's mother, Joice, died in 2000.

The early release is "shocking," Superior Court Judge Susan E. McGuirl told the Providence Journal. McGuirl was a state prosecutor in 1983 and agreed to the plea deal that avoided a trial, which could have handed Woodmansee a life sentence.

"Certainly there would not have been any anticipation of him getting out in 28 years," McGuirl told the paper.

"All of those involved knew that the defendant would be released at some time," a statement from McGuirl read in part. "We discussed with the Foreman family the defendant's possible release on parole or good time. We did not anticipate due to the condition of the defendant that he would be able to earn the maximum good-time credit."

Foreman told WPRO, "He should have gotten a life sentence, but stupidly I allowed a plea bargain to go so I wouldn't have to put up with the agony of hearing all the evidence at the time."

The details of the Woodmansee case are gruesome.

According to police reports, in the spring of 1975 Woodmansee, then 16, lured Jason Foreman into his house where he stabbed him in the chest with a kitchen knife.

Woodmansee, who lived up the street from the Foreman home, placed the body in a plastic bag and took it into the basement, eventually wrapping the remains in a rug and burying them in a trunk.

Despite one of the largest search details in Rhode Island history, encompassing hundreds of volunteers from several states, years would pass before Foreman's body was found.

Convicted La. sex offender set free after castration
Posted: Mar 04, 2011 11:51 AM EST
Updated: Mar 04, 2011 11:54 AM EST

Francis Tullier
PORT ALLEN, LA (WAFB) - A convicted sex offender was set free after serving only half his sentence, but only because he allowed doctors to castrate him.

Francis Tullier, 78, was accused of sexually molesting six people back in the 1970s and 1980s.

He pled guilty in West Baton Rouge Parish in 1999 to three counts of molesting a juvenile. As part of the plea deal, he agreed to have his testicles surgically removed.

The operation was performed Thursday.

"I hope it would be a deterrent for sex offenders and I hope maybe we could explore this more often in sex offender cases," said Maj. Richie Johnson with the West Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office.

Tullier was scheduled to be released from prison in 2024.


Richland County, SC (WLTX) -- The leaders of multiple law enforcement agencies now say a suspect robbed several people, then shot and killed a restaurant owner, all within a one-hour time-frame Tuesday night.

Richland County Sheriff's deputies, Forest Acres Police, and Columbia Police held a joint news conference Wednesday afternoon about the crimes.

The suspect, who committed suicide Tuesday night after a vehicle pursuit, has been identified as 23-year-old Mario Jerome Stokes with two last known addresses--one from Decker Boulevard and the other from Leesburg Road. Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott said the suspect had a lengthy criminal record.

"Last night, he basically went crazy with a crime spree," Lott said.

The sheriff said that he believes Stokes was familiar with the area, but they aren't sure what caused him to commit the crimes.

Officers say the events began when Stokes robbed a woman at gunpoint and stole her vehicle at the Capital Heights Complex at 7:29 p.m.

Officers he took the woman's white Ford Escape and took it to the Family Dollar on Leesburg Road at 8:40 p.m. There, investigators say he robbed the employees and assaulted several of them.

Investigators say he then went to China Palace on Beltline Boulevard and robbed that store at 8:50 p.m.

At 9:29 p.m., officer say he went to Dino's Restaurant on Beltline Boulevard, where he robbed, then shot and killed, the store's owner, Steve Kim.

Coroner Gary Watts said Kim died at the scene from a gunshot wound to the back.

Columbia police were able to stop the suspect outside the Walgreen's on Garners Ferry Road. Officers say the man shot shot himself when officers tried to approach the car.

A female customer stopped by Dino's before Stokes arrived, officials say. Kim told her that he was closed, but that he would make one last order for her. While Kim was preparing the woman's food, officers say Stokes walked in and demanded money from the restaurant owner.

The female witness told police that she saw Stokes open fire on Kim as the restaurant owner tried to walk away, according to officials. They say she ran from the suspect and locked herself in the restaurant's restroom. Ten minutes later, officers say she notified authorities.

When officers arrived, they tried to resuscitate Kim, but they were too late.

Officers say after a ballistic test, they determined that the same gun was used in both killings. Lott said that the gun, a loaded 9 mm pistol, was stolen from a vehicle parked in the valet parking area of the Columbia Metropolitan Airport and reported earlier this month.

Lott said Stokes may be responsible for more crimes in the area.

"This is just an unfortunate, very unfortunate, situation," said Columbia Chief of Police Randy Scott. He said Kim was a friend to law enforcement and he asked for prayers for the restaurant owner's family and the Korean community in Columbia and Richland County.

So this guy decides he is not going to jail and saves tax payers thousands of dollars just by giving himself the Death Penalty! I'm all for this kind of behavior! Not the being a murdering slimeball piece of S$%T behavior, but the making it easy on everyone and taking yourself out behavior. That is the best thing ever! It gives families of the victims closure instead of dragging things out thru the legal system for decades. The only thing that could make this any better is if the victim's families get to shoot the guy instead....or at the very least get to beat the hell out of the body before its taken away.
By Jack Kuenzie - bio | email

SUMTER, SC (WIS) - A woman who decided to drive drunk and caused a crash that killed a 12-year-old child will spend the next 12 years in prison.

The deadly crash happened two years ago in Sumter County. 12-year old Christian Schmidt was killed when the truck he and his father were traveling in was hit by a car driving in the wrong direction. That car was driven by 49-year-old Dianne Brown.

Both Brown's family and Christian's were in court Thursday as Brown pled guilty.

It was just about impossible to quantify the pain in the Sumter courtroom. For Christian's family, "I have been brought to my knees and I can't get up," said mother Tina Schmidt.

The emotional wreckage on display was created by Brown, who is a decorated 23-year Air Force veteran that commanded troops in Iraq. She pleaded guilty Thursday afternoon to two counts of felony DUI. Both of those counts stem from a September 2008 collision between Brown's VW and a pickup truck, containing Christian and his father. The head-on crash threw Christian onto the roadway, killing him. His father, Paul, suffered permanent shoulder and foot injuries.

Brown was from Ohio and in Sumter on business. Investigators said she'd been at a Sumter Chili's restaurant with friends, drinking wine, glass after glass. Suddenly, she excused herself, got in her car and began driving the wrong way on Highway 378. Then the crash occurred. Brown's blood alcohol tested at .215. "I want to admit my guilt, and I want to apologize to Paul Schmidt and Tina Berry and everyone for the pain I cause them," said Brown, "And I hope they will believe that I'm truly remorseful. I'm really not the kind of maybe the monster they think I am."

"I feel so cheated," said Tina, "And maybe that's so selfish of me because Christian is the one who was cheated the most.

Judge George James sentenced Brown to 12 years and almost $54,000 in fines and fees. Her plea means there will be no trial, which had been scheduled to begin next week.

This is a sad case of an Honorable Woman who made a tragic mistake and is standing up to take responsibility for her actions.
I believe this woman should get reduced jail time and treated better than a common criminal because she plead guilty. She never once considered fighting the system and plea bargaining her way out like most scum bags do. No this decorated war hero is truely remorseful and has accepted the punishment for her crimes. While my heart bleeds for the parents of the child who died, I see nothing criminal here. It was a horrible tragedy and I wish something could be done to help both sides of this case. But for a human being to accept a 12 year jail sentence without a fight, that shows character and moral fortitude uncommon in today's world. I salute Dianne Brown and the struggles that are to come for her. She is a great American and despite her lethal mistake, I support her and I'm proud of her. To the family of poor Christian Schmidt, while I can understand your anger and resentment......this is not a woman who deserves 12 years in jail. What good does that do anybody? I think the price that will be paid is the weight that Dianne Brown will have to carry for the rest of her life. To an honorable war hero like Diane, that is a much greater punishment than any jail sentence.


Police say father kept 3-year-old in the freezer
Posted: Dec 28, 2010 8:33 AM EST
Updated: Dec 28, 2010 2:40 PM EST
SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - Horrifying new details are emerging about a missing Savannah mother and daughter.

Police in Winterhaven, Florida, last week discovered two bodies in a shallow grave in an orange grove. They believe the remains are Ronkeya Holmes and her daughter Masaraha. A newly-released arrest warrant says Masaraha's father, Lester Ross, kept her in a freezer for months before burying her.

"That's the hardest part in the world to really believe," said Ronkeya's mother, Edith Fletcher. "You can't even imagine that. It's like a horror story."

In an affidavit, Lester Ross' wife Sharon told police she came home and found little Masaraha dead in May 2009. Sharon Ross said her husband told her it was an accident, and put the child in the deep freezer.

"My heart goes out for the baby," said ," Fletcher. "To know you can kill your own daughter and put her in the freezer for that length of time..."

In the affidavit, Sharon Ross said nearly six months later, she watched her husband load two "items" wrapped in sheets into the trunk of a car.

She says she went with him to a nearby orange grove where he took the two "items" out of the car and came back without them. It's the same orange grove police found the bodies.

Sharon Ross says she is just confessing all of this now because her husband threatened to kill her if she told anyone.

Ronkeya's mother says that is no excuse. "I just hope God has mercy on both of them because if you waited this long to tell, you are just as much at fault as he is," Fletcher said.

On October 14, 2009, Ronkeya traveled from her home in Savannah to Winterhaven to pick up Masarahaa. Ross was caring for Masarahaa while Ronkeya finished technical college.

According to the arrest affidavit, Ronkeya told family members on October 18 that she was meeting Lester at Walmart to pick up Masarahaa. Family members told authorities Ronkeya said she was having trouble meeting Lester, and that as soon as she picked up her daughter she would be going back to Savannah.

Ronkeya's aunt said she saw Ronkeya logged into Facebook in the morning hours of October 19, and tried to message her but got no response. After a subpoena from police, Facebook said her account was active from 11:46pm on October 18 until 12:08am on October 19. Facebook told authorities the IP address traced back to Lester's house.

Officers said Ronkeya made several calls to her family from her cell phone on October 20 to try and get her vehicle out of the Seminole County impound. Her family reports that she sounded stressed, and would hang up when they offered to come get her. That was the last time anyone heard from Ronkeya.

Police say they believe Ross killed Holmes to hide the fact that Masarahaa was dead. Police are awaiting an autopsy report to charge Ross with their deaths. Ross is currently being charged with tampering with or harassing a witness.

Police aren't saying whether they will charge his wife.

A memorial fund has been established for Ronkeya and Masaraha. To make a contribution contact SunTrust Bank 2815 Skidaway Road Savannah, Georgia


Australian Government Official Says Muslims Who Want to Live by Sharia Law Not Welcome There.-Truth!

Summary of the eRumor: 
The eRumor appears to be an article that quotes the Australian Finance Minister as saying that immigrants who want to live in Australia need to live by Australian law, not the Sharia law of Islam.  He is quoted as saying that Muslims to want to live by Sharia law are not welcome in Australia.

The Truth: 
The remarks by the Australian Finance Minister Peter Costello were made in a speech on February 23, 2006 to the Sydney Institute. 
The article quoted in the eRumor was written by Phil Mercer of the BBC and published in February, 2006, when this eRumor began circulating.

In late 2010 versions of this eRumor began circulating attributing these comments to Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard.   We have found no evidence of this being true. In 2009, another altered version began circulating saying that this was said by Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd, which is also fiction.

His speech was titled Worth Promoting, Worth Defending, Australian Citizenship, What it Means and How to Nurture it.  In his speech he extolled the virtues of Australia and the necessity of adhering to Australian law.  Then he added, ""But don't you think Australian Muslims - Muslims living in Australia - also have a responsibility to adhere to Australian law?"  He went on to say "There is one law we are all expected to abide by. It is the law enacted by the Parliament under the Australian Constitution. If you can't accept that then you don't accept the fundamentals of what Australia is and what it stands for."  He suggested that if someone wanted to live under Sharia law [law derived from the Koran], Saudia Arabia and Iran should be considered.  Then he added, "Before becoming an Australian you will be asked to subscribe to certain values. If you have strong objections to those values don't come to Australia.

Updated 11/18/09

A real example of the eRumor as it has appeared on the Internet:
A senior member of Australia's government has said Muslims who want to live by Islamic Sharia law are not welcome in the country. The comments have stoked Muslim anger against the Australian government.

Australian Finance Minister Peter Costello said in a speech late Thursday that immigrants must respect the country's laws and traditions. Costello singled out Muslims who wanted to live under Sharia law as not welcome in Australia.

In his speech on Australian citizenship, the minister said his remarks were directed at what he called a "small radical minority." "You don't have to swear at the football and eat a pie to be an Australian," he said, "but you do have believe in democracy, the rule of law and the rights and liberties of others."

Earlier this week Prime Minister John Howard also addressed Islamic extremism, saying it violated Australia's principles. He pointed to contentious issues such as relations with non-Muslims and the rights of women.

Australian Muslims have reacted with anger to both sets of comments. They accuse the government of being deliberately inflammatory and divisive.

Keysar Trad, president of the Islamic Friendship Association of Australia, says Costello's comments are unnecessary. "He is singling out the Muslim community again," he said. "Rather than calling on all citizens to respect the law of the land and respect traditional
values, he is making an inference in his comments that Muslims don't do that. Well, on the contrary, Muslims do respect the law of the land and do respect the values of this country."

There are around 300,000 Muslims in Australia.

Community leaders say racism toward this minority group has increased since the terrorist attacks in the United States in September 2001 and the bombings on the Indonesian island of Bali a year later, in which Australian tourists were targeted.

I've always felt horrible watching the videos of guys who pick off Prairie Dogs for FUN?!?!? So I propose a change..... let's put these wanna be snipers on a high hill overlooking a prison yard full of killers, rapists, killer-rapists, and death row inmates. That is a sport I can get behind!
1. Save the US on execution costs
2. Raise money by charging for the hunt
3. Let victums friends and familys safely get retribution

Yes this is farcical in nature but was just a pleasent thought that hit me today.... Thought yall might enjoy the concept so I shared! :)
Ok so here goes, I know that the show Dexter is fiction. However the moral debate over a serial killer serial killer is too good to pass up in this forum. I'm very interested to hear thoughts on the matter from this group. For those of you who do not watch the show, and if you're on this site you need to be. The Character is Outlined as such, "At the age of seven, his father discerned that Dexter had sociopathic tendencies, as evidenced by Dexter's lack of empathy, disinterest in relating to other humans, and (most disturbingly) his secret habit of killing the neighbor's pets. Harry initially tried to manage Dexter's compulsions with regular hunting trips, but as he got older, Dexter expressed urges to kill humans. It is then that Harry began to instill in Dexter "The Code." Dexter structures his killing around "The Code of Harry", a body of ethics and procedures devised by his adoptive father Harry (who was a Miami cop) to make sure Dexter never gets caught and ensure that Dexter kills only other killers. Harry also trained Dexter in how to interact convincingly with other people despite being a psychopath, since the murder of his biological mother, Laura Moser, did in fact turn Dexter into a serial killer."

So here's the crux of it..... Is it right or wrong to be a serial killer who only kills other serial killers? What is the difference between that and capital punishment (moralistically not legally)? And do you think Dexter is a Hero or just another common criminal for his actions? Discuss amoungst yourselves....I'll enjoy this debate.
Associated Press - October 20, 2010 4:15 AM ET

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - The man who spent more time on South Carolina's death row than any other current inmate could soon be set free.

The state Parole Board is hearing a request Wednesday from 51-year-old Edward Lee Elmore.

Earlier this year, a judge ruled Elmore mentally unfit to be executed. In April, another judge sentenced him to life in prison with the possibility of parole.

Elmore had been on death row since 1982, when he was convicted of the murder of Dorothy Edwards. The 75-year-widow had been stabbed 52 times when she was found inside a bedroom closet at her Greenwood home, with 11 broken ribs, head wounds and lacerated organs.

Elmore is also appealing his case in federal court. His attorney says Elmore is nervous about life outside prison.