Could Federal Executions Be Far Off?

Started by Jeff1857, June 24, 2009, 02:40:33 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

JeffB

Since you have been around MUCH longer than Moh then you would known that I have been saying that for OVER a year.

I don't really give a damn how long you've been saying OSAMA when referring to President Obama.  It's bullshit - period.  Let me get this straight: you are of the "opinion" that Barack Obama is Osama Bil Ladin?  Based on what?  Your opinion is that President Obama is a murderous terrorist, and organized the hijacking of commercial airliners - having them flown into highly visible buildings resulting in the deaths of 3,000 innocent people?  And what, President Obama is currently hiding in the Rocky Mountains, issuing video tapes of himself walking around with an assult rifle?  Again - ignorant bullshit

He's the President of the United States and has a Harvard Law degree.  What do you have; a high school diploma, or a GED?

It seems to me, if you casually engage in the most scurillous of slurs against the President (i.e. comparing him in a truly infantile way to Osama bin Laden because their first names happen to be similar--how clever!), you can't be surprised when others take umbrage.

Exactly.

Oh by the way Moh and you too JeffB I carry a retired military ID card do ya'll?

No Jeff - I don't.  And I respect that about you.  But my dad was in the Navy and was killed in combat.  My wifes dad was in the Navy and also killed in combat.  Good enough for you?

"SO SUCK IT YOU "BLUE COOLER" DOPE!"  -  Sylar24

JT

P.S.- Tomorrow I am off on a three-day distillery tour in Scotland and I don't believe I'll have any Internet. So, I wish you all a wonderful weekend. Viva Laphroaig!

The Highlands of Scotland are good fun.  But remember to take lots of warm clothing, and don't get too intoxicated.  Don't go to Glasgow unless you enjoy getting shot at; visit Edinburgh instead.  Have fun!
JT's Ridiculous Quote of the Century:
"I'm disgusted with the State for even putting me in this position."
-- Reginald Blanton, Texas death row.  As of October 27, 2009, Reggie's position has been in a coffin.

vikkiw47

Darn i feel slighted, i did not get the memo that this was lets jump on Jeff1857 day!!  ??? opinions are like assholes everyone has one. I did not vote for Obama either and if he was to run again i still would not vote for him. But that is just my opinion. Jeff as well as anyone else is entitled to their opinion. This is AMERICA and WE have the right to say or think anyway we want to. The 1st amendment gives us that right. Even to those that choose to nitpick every little comment and make a mountain out of a mole hill.
Justice is not about bringing back the dead. It is not about revenge either. Justice is about enforcing consequences for one's own actions to endorse personal responsibility. We cannot expect anyone to take responsibility for their own actions if these consequences are not enforced in full.

Michael

To whom it may concern - the topic of the thread  ;)

Could Federal Executions Be Far Off?

Michael
I´m not sure if there´s a hell, but I believe in executed murderers.

Moh

June 30, 2009, 06:03:33 AM Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 06:26:19 AM by Moh

Darn i feel slighted, i did not get the memo that this was lets jump on Jeff1857 day!!  ??? opinions are like a sweeties everyone has one. I did not vote for Obama either and if he was to run again i still would not vote for him. But that is just my opinion. Jeff as well as anyone else is entitled to their opinion. This is AMERICA and WE have the right to say or think anyway we want to. The 1st amendment gives us that right. Even to those that choose to nitpick every little comment and make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Actually, this is not AMERICA and YOURS TRULY is currently vacationing in SCOTLAND and lives in ITALY. Have you ever been outside of AMERICA? Anyway, the First Amendment also gives Americans every right to disagree with dumb statements comparing President Obama to Osama bin Laden based on similar first names. It's as idiotic as saying John McCain Gacy instead of John McCain.

And Jeff1857, I don't see what the relevance is of your being retired military. I was drafted into the Italian Army, did my service and so what? I just don't understand why you raised the issue of your military experience vis-a-vis writing Osama instead of Obama. Anyhow, I took issue with your cheapest of shots against the President of the United States because I thought it was really and truly beneath you given your otherwise highly intelligent, informative and thoughtful posts.

JT, thanks very much for the advice. Scotland is really a great place! My wife and I just might have to move here! Stayed on Islay for a few days-- just wonderful. We drove through Glasgow too and, um, I see your point. We're staying in Edinburgh now and you're absolutely right about the place.

Gabenga, nobody seems to know what's going on with the federal lethal-injection suit in the DC Circuit. By all rights, federal executions shouldn't be far off. However, I've been unable to find any info at all on the status of the LI suit. Have you got any leads? 

Moh

I've found out that on April 20, 2009, a federal judge in the DC Circuit partially rejected the Attorney General's motion to summarily dismiss the 8th Amendment lethal-injection case brought by six federal inmates. So, it should proceed to trial.  However, I haven't been able to find out when the trial's going to be. Does anyone have any information?

I suppose the good news is that the Obama Administration is at least trying to move this thing forward. Here's the link: http://www.law.berkeley.edu/clinics/dpclinic/LethalInjection/LI/documents/courtorders/federal/2009.04.20.memoorder.pdf

Go Up